185db

Epic Skial Regular
I see a lot of applications go to improve or decline right off the bat just because people don't like them or they have poor info/grammar. I think people should be given more time and a chance to prove themselves right off the bat. Also, someone should not be turned away immediatly because of chat, I mean, they might be in the process of improving it.

I propose that once an application is made, reviewing questions are asked immediatly. An applicant should be chosen based on how well they can handle situations and if the people on server respect/listen to them. It should not matter what regulars on the forum think, half of them don't even play the game much, much less with the applicant. Applicants should not be judged off of one interaction, but by how they act in-game and towards other players. As long as they are not pure cancer on the forums they should be fine. "Effort" and "grammar" are such common reasons to -1, people are just looking for excuses.

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
We don't reject people based off grammar. Atrocious grammar isn't appealing, but that's not going to get you insta-rejected.

And why should we give admin to someone who puts little to no effort into their app? Skial has high standards for becoming admin and we have very few cases of admin abuse because of this. We want people who are dedicated to Skial who are willing to put in the effort to show that they are indeed admin material, someone who is going to be dedicated to Skial, not some random stranger who just wants quick admin.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
We don't reject people based off grammar. Atrocious grammar isn't appealing, but that's not going to get you insta-rejected.

And why should we give admin to someone who puts little to no effort into their app? Skial has high standards for becoming admin and we have very few cases of admin abuse because of this. We want people who are dedicated to Skial who are willing to put in the effort to show that they are indeed admin material, someone who is going to be dedicated to Skial, not some random stranger who just wants quick admin.
Almost all of the people who make applications like that would fail the questions.

I see what you mean about grammar. What I meant, was that people -1 them immediately once they see that, and that causes them to get rejected, not directly the grammar.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Almost all of the people who make applications like that would fail the questions.

If they're not up to our standards then they're not up to our standards

We're not exactly desperate for admin applicants here either. Bottiger doesn't want a small army of them IIRC so we're going to cherry pick the best of the best

Reactions: BBQ Prophet

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll

I see what you mean about grammar. What I meant, was that people -1 them immediately once they see that, and that causes them to get rejected, not directly the grammar.
My mans Zebra killed it, but honestly, I don't know that many people who are intelligent who don't use good grammar. If you have the literacy of a third grader, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that you have the patience, foresight and intelligence of a third grader as well.
This is not No Child Left Behind. The goal of admin apps is not to build self-esteem with a 0% failure rate. If their app is bad then they can go learn sm_ban and how to say "no I won't get mad" and make a better one later on.