Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
For the past 2 weeks, I have had a problem where I could talk in teamspeak & listen to songs on spotify, but no tf2 servers would load and no websites would load in any browser. This usually lasted for about 5-10 mins and then it would go back to normal.

Now I have an issue where I can't even connect to certain websites, or they load VERY slowly (ebay, amazon, forbes, etc.)

Any ideas on what could be causing it? I now live in an apartment complex and use their internet, not mine.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Make sure you reboot and run spybot again.

I always made it a habit to always reboot and scan again every time my initial scan detects something. Sometimes it claims it removed it when it is actually still there. I repeat this process until the scanner doesn't detect anything.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Make sure you reboot and run spybot again.

I always made it a habit to always reboot and scan again every time my initial scan detects something. Sometimes it claims it removed it when it is actually still there. I repeat this process until the scanner doesn't detect anything.
Yeah, it's a good rule of thumb. I will once Malwarebytes finishes scanning as well.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Don't forget to change essential passwords. Even if you think it wasn't a keylogger, it's not worth the risk.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Looking at the logs from earlier, just looks like I had some bad cookies but nothing really bad. Turns out my apartment complex is upgrading / expanding their internet right now so it's going in and out.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Turns out my apartment complex is upgrading / expanding their internet right now so it's going in and out.
Does not explain how you were able to partially use your Internet connection - TS and spotify were working while other websites were not. It should've been either all down, or all up.