DaivdBaekr

Contributor
CnmbcJWVUAAjyeK.jpg:large

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
(old news since this was actually reported on yesterday)

Melania Trump is accused of plagiarizing from speech made in 2008 by Michelle Obama. RNC chief strategist Sean Spicer more or less uses the "I was at the scene of another crime" defense by claiming they took the speech from other sources, including My Little Pony.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/sean-spicer-melania-trump-my-little-pony/index.html

CNN said:
After Trump's controversial speech from the first night of the Republican National Convention that has some accusing the Trump campaign of plagiarizing passages from a speech by first lady Michelle Obama in 2008, Republican National Convention chief strategist Sean Spicer said the lines being discussed are common phrases.

"Melania Trump said, 'the strength of your dreams and willingness to work for them.' Twilight Sparkle from 'My Little Pony' said, 'This is your dream. Anything you can do in your dreams, you can do now,' " Spicer said.
He also compared passages of Trump's speech with phrases from musicians John Legend and Kid Rock.

this was actually on CNN's home page for a while:
1468958413339.png

for added humor, here's a link to Horse News' take on this: http://www.horse-news.net/2016/07/rnc-uses-twilight-sparkle-to-defend.html

their closing quip:
Horse News said:
Regardless of ones politics, the fact that Twilight Sparkle is now recognized by a major political party and used to defend statements of a presidential candidate can only lead us to one question as a country: "How the fuck did we get here?"

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper

I just realized that if Trump were to be elected and actually build the Great Wall of China Mexico, guards might reenact the scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail with the French with any Mexican Pokémon GO players, purely out of boredom.

Mexican kid: can we cross, just for a minute? we're looking for rare Pokémon.
US Wall Guard: Sorry, we already got one.

Reactions: Toxik

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
couple people's first thought was "Peggy Hill"

the only merit is that the school only called it an "extended foreign language (EFL), where they receive one hour of foreign language instruction per day" and doesn't mention Spanish. if she simply wanted to teach a language other than Spanish, she'd actually have a case.
everything else about the lawsuit is batshit insane, such as playing the minority card by claiming that non-Spanish speaking people are a minority in the location, and complaining that the school could have given her the job and then just had someone else teach the foreign language component for one hour per day (seriously).