:DD

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
When I am playing at vsh servers I have noticed that hales can get rage too easily, which usually causes rage spamming. Rage spamming is bad for several reasons first of all hale can get several free kills because rage spamming. Second of all I think many rages in row is just ridiculous. Spamming just ruins the game because no one can do anything.

Also many hales like to rage after when they have just got backstabbed, which I think is pretty wrong because it seems almost like an punishment who has made high damage to hale and then instant rage and get killed.

So what I am suggesting is that we should make it so that rage wouldn’t be gotten that easily. Rage meter should be higher. I believe that when rage meter is higher and hale should suffer more damage before he could get the rage. Vsh matches would became more interesting what they are now. Now you can easily see someone winning in vsh still 10k health left, which is kind of boring. But if we rise the damage that hale needs for rage I am sure that matches will became more interesting.

Thanks for listening.

This is sort of a mixed bag for me personally since there are some maps and situations where a Hale needs it (e.g. smaller maps, mass engie nests, huge skill gaps between players) and other situations where it's not necessary (e.g. bigger maps, Hale pursuing a single target). Overall however, I've noted that without rage in many common instances that it would be near impossible for Hale to kill everyone which makes the game less exciting since everyone knows the outcome for that round. Imo, if everyone is ganging on Hale so hard that he doesn't have a chance to do anything then its not fair to stunt the one ability that can save him and turn the situation on its head. It's boring for me if I kill Hale while he's being pushed into a corner with 3 sentries for example.
The idea would be that when you can use less rage, you really need to think how you spend that rage. Which I think in the long run could make us some great hales that can use rage at the moment when they really need it.

Reactions: Old Boy NP

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This game mode will never be well balanced out because its so skill and map dependent.

Reducing rage isn't going to fix this. You can reduce or even remove rage entirely and you'll still see the same results, just to a different degree:
Skilled hales will still completely mop the floor with your team without using rage, or very little of it
Average skilled hales will likely lose on smaller maps, and will have a difficult time on normal sized VSH maps
Bad hales will get obliterated everywhere

This is what it currently is now. Reducing rage will only make the already bad Hales that give you a guaranteed chance of winning even worse and less fun to play against, and it will make playing on small maps even more of a nightmare, especially as Christian Brutal Sniper or any of the other hales.

You're not balancing Hales out better with this suggestion, you're just kicking less skilled Hale's in the balls and making it even more difficult for all of the hales to play on small maps. The only ones who would win on small maps are the very skilled hales. You're "fixing" one balance issue and causing another.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
some hales are new to the mode, alot of them need help. and considering how popular bonk atomic punch, force a nature, airblast, and medics are so popular on vsh, it's very difficult to win otherwise.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The idea would be that when you can use less rage, you really need to think how you spend that rage. Which I think in the long run could make us some great hales that can use rage at the moment when they really need it.
Actually I never considered that. Honestly I am curious to see what would happen to the game mode if rage was reduced. Considering how circumstantial the game mode is, it could change the gameplay pretty significantly.

Reactions: Old Boy NP and :DD

What else are you gonna do when 3 assholes keep airblasting you while you take damage from 2 level 3 sentries
This is one of these situations where you should save your rage if you would had less rage. I dont agree with you calling them assholes because they are air blasting thats almost their only way to protect themselfs. Also usually pyros do great assistance to help engineers to build sentries in peace. One option is to use hale jump and take them out by that way.

Hitler

Scarcely Lethal Noob
This is one of these situations where you should save your rage if you would had less rage. I dont agree with you calling them assholes because they are air blasting thats almost their only way to protect themselfs. Also usually pyros do great assistance to help engineers to build sentries in peace. One option is to use hale jump and take them out by that way.
Preach it, brotha.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Bad Hales need this, and it makes it much easier for Hales to clear out engie nests.

Bad Hales need this, and it makes it much easier for Hales to clear out engie nests.
Im pretty sure that even after if the hale has less rages to use hale could easily still wipe out the hardest engie nests with rage.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I mean really, I haven't been playing vsh as much but when I do this is almost NEVER a problem. Only a few people bitch about it and we still end up winning most of the time.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Im pretty sure that even after if the hale has less rages to use hale could easily still wipe out the hardest engie nests with rage.

You're missing the point. This would help give a better fighting chance against good hales, which from my experience are the most uncommon types of hales.

In turn you're making it more difficult for average and bad hales to have a winning chance, average hales being the most common skill type from my experience.

And this is ignoring small maps. On small maps, unless you can be considered a good skilled hale you need as much rage as you can get. Currently only good hales can win small maps with some rage use, average to bad hales have a tough time on small maps with the current rage amount. Reducing their rage virtually guarantees a win on small maps against all average to low skill level hales.

As I said you're making it easier to fight good hales, but you're making it even more difficult for average to low skilled hales which are usually the most common skill type you'll run across.

And as it currently stands average to low skilled hales almost always lose, even with their current rage amount. Reducing their rage would make the balance so much worse.

Old Boy NP

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
You're missing the point. This would help give a better fighting chance against good hales, which from my experience are the most uncommon types of hales.

In turn you're making it more difficult for average and bad hales to have a winning chance, average hales being the most common skill type from my experience.

And this is ignoring small maps. On small maps, unless you can be considered a good skilled hale you need as much rage as you can get. Currently only good hales can win small maps with some rage use, average to bad hales have a tough time on small maps with the current rage amount. Reducing their rage virtually guarantees a win on small maps against all average to low skill level hales.

As I said you're making it easier to fight good hales, but you're making it even more difficult for average to low skilled hales which are usually the most common skill type you'll run across.

And as it currently stands average to low skilled hales almost always lose, even with their current rage amount. Reducing their rage would make the balance so much worse.
How about a test period? You can increase the dmg needed to 3/3.5k for 3 days or a week and see if is really so bad as you guys think.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

I like the challenge of timing my stabs between rages. Also, I'd be pretty pissed if the Hale loses a few chances to rage. There have been plenty of times where I needed all my rages because of BFB scouts, a nest of engineers, and snipers in shitty spots all in the same round at times. Sometimes I get pinned in a spot by sentries and there's absolutely nothing I can do until I get my rage meter full. It's fine as it is honestly. Take it as a challenge to the game.

Reactions: KinCryos

I think average hales could also do great with less rage. I think they still would easily have great chances for the win. But thats my opinnion.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
many people don't know what they are talking about... The rage like it is now is not how it MUST be, this game mode has variables (like rage meter adjustableness (not even a word)) and it should be configured according to the gameplay, and not because "its that way" or "it's default like that"

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just saying but...

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS RAGE SPAM.

Rage is a game mechanic that has been there since the beginning. It is there for the player to use as the player sees fit. If he wants to constantly use rage so he can win, THAT IS NOT RAGE SPAM. The player is using what he has. If you're going to complain about a game mechanic, go engineer and only use teleporters and dispensers. Don't use a sentry.

And let's be honest. The only reason you want the rage to take longer to fill is because you want it to be easier for you. Not because it's an actual problem. On every other Hale server I've been to, the rage meter is default and the only people who complain about rage are the people who are knew to VSH and/or just suck at the game.