:DD

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
When I am playing at vsh servers I have noticed that hales can get rage too easily, which usually causes rage spamming. Rage spamming is bad for several reasons first of all hale can get several free kills because rage spamming. Second of all I think many rages in row is just ridiculous. Spamming just ruins the game because no one can do anything.

Also many hales like to rage after when they have just got backstabbed, which I think is pretty wrong because it seems almost like an punishment who has made high damage to hale and then instant rage and get killed.

So what I am suggesting is that we should make it so that rage wouldn’t be gotten that easily. Rage meter should be higher. I believe that when rage meter is higher and hale should suffer more damage before he could get the rage. Vsh matches would became more interesting what they are now. Now you can easily see someone winning in vsh still 10k health left, which is kind of boring. But if we rise the damage that hale needs for rage I am sure that matches will became more interesting.

Thanks for listening.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1 I really don't see it as a problem and some Hales need the extra help.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
-1, the rage meter is fine as it is, and in case where it's an open map and Hale is being swarmed, constant rage does help him out. As for the free kills. That's the entire point of the ability. Hard Crowd Control to get a few kills that'll matter or harder targets in the swarm. The rage isn't going to change, it's part of the game mode and has been for the longest time no matter how "nooby" the regulars of the server think it is because it works fine.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1, It's a game mechanic its almost impossible to win as hale without. I find it funny how many people complain about it.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 its easy to complete the game without rage on most maps, in my eyes. It should only be used on engy nests and or medic-(insert anything here) , but even then its possible to not use it.
the game is made so that there would be a balance between hunter-hunted, but with ragespam and teleport it doesnt make sense

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1 its easy to complete the game without rage on most maps, in my eyes. It should only be used on engy nests and or medic-(insert anything here) , but even then its possible to not use it.
the game is made so that there would be a balance between hunter-hunted, but with ragespam and teleport it doesnt make sense
As a whole it's not needed to increase the meter. Certain maps is an argument that can be used for nitpicking everything about Hale. "Oh too many Engies allowed on Hale because of (insert map here)", "Oh Hale rage is OP because (Insert map here)".

Old Boy NP

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
+1
Yes,is true that who rage spam usually doesn't win but is also really boring can't barely move 'cause of the spam.
It's kinda sad see a Hale how insta-rage after get stomped or backstabbed and sometimes without even get the player who has backstabbed/stomped him, in that case is like if you "help him" to ragekill your mates 'cause you stomped/backstabbed him and you escaped/survived or you are there when suddently he get stomped and he insta rages and kills random people.

mrLewisguy

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1, You already have 20-30k hp, super jump and 200~ damage attacks. You shouldn't be rewarded for failure as Hale and you shouldn't punish players for doing well. That's encouraging poor performance and creates stale gameplay because who needs to get better when you can mash g and guaranteed kill people? Generally you'd want to promote practice and getting better over time, rather than just letting people win without effort, lowering the levels of enjoyment for the other 20+ people who aren't playing Hale at that moment. It's certainly not impossible to win without it, which is why the complaints are brought up in the first place.

Sn3akySpy

Mildly Menacing Medic
WELL time for my explanation for my "+1".The thing is that ragers can be sometimes annoying with thoses rages , sometimes it's clearly over-used.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Fine as it is.

WELL time for my explanation for my "+1".The thing is that ragers can be sometimes annoying with thoses rages , sometimes it's clearly over-used.

You're complaining about a game mechanic that is there for the user to use. It's like complaining that the engineer can build a sentry.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think its an important mechanic because of knockback/airblast if nothing else. Not to mention skill gaps.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Calling them ragers makes me think this is about the whole "We're better than people who use rage" thinking that's been going on with VSH for a while. It's a mechanic that's part of the game. I've told that to plenty of people who had to be silenced for abusing the vote when they try to ban someone for raging as Hale.

NihilusTheGreat

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1

I find it riddiculous that Hale can rage even on start since only 3 lock and load bombs are needed, 1 stomp or backstab are enought to fill his rage meter and then he can kill 4-5 people per rage, and Hale can rage atleast 15 times,rage meter needs to be reduced for atleast 5000 dmg or 10k.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This is sort of a mixed bag for me personally since there are some maps and situations where a Hale needs it (e.g. smaller maps, mass engie nests, huge skill gaps between players) and other situations where it's not necessary (e.g. bigger maps, Hale pursuing a single target). Overall however, I've noted that without rage in many common instances that it would be near impossible for Hale to kill everyone which makes the game less exciting since everyone knows the outcome for that round. Imo, if everyone is ganging on Hale so hard that he doesn't have a chance to do anything then its not fair to stunt the one ability that can save him and turn the situation on its head. It's boring for me if I kill Hale while he's being pushed into a corner with 3 sentries for example.

[RFGRF] Letadan˪ᵥ (Muumit)

Mildly Menacing Medic
+1 ( +1000 actually )i think it's just ridiculous how often rage can be used and the thing is, i've read the thread and many people defend beginner players that it's ok for them to ragespam so that they can get out of the crowd and stuff. But in my opinion it's the worst they can do because they will not improve at all.. see i and many people who commented here play without raging at all, and guess what? most times we own the server. but as i said it's just my opinion.. yeah rage meter should be changed.. then there wouldn't be so many unskilled player in VSH. I experienced it on my own.. had a friend who i got to know in vsh.. pretty damn good player as well, he taught me many things including playing without using rage at all and always telling me to try playing without rage. i didn't like it first, but damn it was a whole lot better winning without rage. Also giving the players a bit of a more chance to beat me as hale, enjoy and make the game fair.

Reactions: Old Boy NP