:DD

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
When I am playing at vsh servers I have noticed that hales can get rage too easily, which usually causes rage spamming. Rage spamming is bad for several reasons first of all hale can get several free kills because rage spamming. Second of all I think many rages in row is just ridiculous. Spamming just ruins the game because no one can do anything.

Also many hales like to rage after when they have just got backstabbed, which I think is pretty wrong because it seems almost like an punishment who has made high damage to hale and then instant rage and get killed.

So what I am suggesting is that we should make it so that rage wouldn’t be gotten that easily. Rage meter should be higher. I believe that when rage meter is higher and hale should suffer more damage before he could get the rage. Vsh matches would became more interesting what they are now. Now you can easily see someone winning in vsh still 10k health left, which is kind of boring. But if we rise the damage that hale needs for rage I am sure that matches will became more interesting.

Thanks for listening.

Nuclearpoweredturtle

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I don't think it would even be a necessary using the rage, Saxton can jump ridiculously high and has high mobility, and he can kill most classes in a single hit, so having the ability to rage enemies and get a cheap kill is a terrible mechanic, the problem is that skial has some maps that are so ******* small so players cant use their high manouverablility to their advantage. People who say they cant win without it are talking out their ass, you havent seen good players who have won the game without using it, wiping out a team in less than 2 mins

Last edited:

The point of VSH is to defeat Hale. And obviously, it's possible with the rage meter being where it's at. Of course it's going to be challenging. And like Meowcenary pointed out:

Two words: Dead Ringer.
Even if you had a Dead Ringer you can still be easily killed, when you are raged.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Max dmg a last BFB scout done to me is 2k. If ur good - u can just get him done even if he knows what ya doin.
Doesn't matter how good you are, if that Scout knows what do you he WILL most likely get away. It is usually better to rage them when you can.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Rage meter fills up when you are 1v1.
You are bad at doing jumps if you can't get a lone scout.
Once again, not true. It still depends on who the Scout is. I'm not going to argue this anymore, if you want to you can take it to unmod because I don't want to fill this thread with this anymore.

Fragancia

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
Two words: Dead Ringer.

The neat thing with rage is that it also displays the location of cloaked spies, particularly useful if you have trouble tracking spies down.
If you have played VSH, you would know there's an icon above the head of raged players, this icon persist until the duration of the stun is over.
It also stays even if the player is cloaked, so if you care to pay attention to your surroundings, you'll easily find your cloaked target and make the finishing move.

You have yet to elaborate to why you think it's a challenge to escape Hale's grasp when you're incapacitated.

Old Boy NP

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Is anyone else keeping in mind the consequences of reducing rage

If you do end up forcing hales to play more smart, you can bet you're going to be fighting him a lot more in enclosed areas which is a death sentence.

You're also gonna have to watch a lot more camping, watching hale chase down a single BFB scout for 6+ minutes and watch Hale fail at killing spies evading him until the end of the round timer runs out.

I'm just sayin', when you force Hale's to play more smart you're not going to see him out in the open nearly as much. You'll be fighting competent hales in tight places instead of open areas and rounds will drag on much much longer when he's going up against scouts (which on US at least generally take up an average of 6 minutes for a hale to kill skilled VSH scouts when they're the last ones) and spies

Something to keep in mind. I'd rather have a arguably OP rage rather than reduce it causing balance issues for hales on small maps (which are rather popular on VSH US) and watching the server empty out because Hale is forced to hunt down BFB scouts and spies due to reduced rages

And no not every map has a cap, and the majority of the hales refuse to use it when the map does have one available

Usually they don't live that long,bfb is used mainly from new players and they just keep going too close to hale 'cause they don't know nothing about the mode and the phantom range. In the last month I've seen a low number of BFB scouts how last to a 1 vs 1 against hale,in that 'cause they just got ragekilled or killed normally and if hale can he caps. Bfb scouts don't surive to a player how use often or spam the rage 'cause they keep stand too close to him. The BFB are annoying for everyone and the fact is that they create problems with more or less rages,that's depends by the situation. The dmg increase would be little anyway.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't think it would even be a necessary using the rage, Saxton can jump ridiculously high and has high mobility, and he can kill most classes in a single hit, so having the ability to rage enemies and get a cheap kill is a terrible mechanic, the problem is that skial has some maps that are so ******* small so players cant use their high manouverablility to their advantage. People who say they cant win without it are talking out their ass, you havent seen good players who have won the game without using it, wiping out a team in less than 2 mins

Rage is necessary. Why? Because Hale can't run as fast as Scout and Engineers kind of like to set up sentry nests. I have seen good players play as Hale and even they say it's hard not using rage because players like to go as Engineers and Scouts. Even if Hale uses his jump, sentries can still push him away. So even if Hale kills everyone else but the Engineer, there's no way to kill him except use rage so the sentry won't attack him and he can kill the Engineer. I'd like to see you take down a sentry nest without using rage since you think it's so easy.

That's with jumping in mind. It's very easy to counter hale's constant jumping when you're a BFB scout
Mostly Baby faces blaster users are new players as mentioned earlier. In my opinnion baby faces blaster should had been nerfed already its one of those weapons that only wastes time and doesnt do much damage in vsh if this weapon gets nerfed then it will become possible for hale to catch scouts with hale jump.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mostly Baby faces blaster users are new players as mentioned earlier. In my opinnion baby faces blaster should had been nerfed already its one of those weapons that only wastes time and doesnt do much damage in vsh if this weapon gets nerfed then it will become possible for hale to catch scouts with hale jump.
That is far from true. Most newer Scouts I see use the Force a Nature on VSH. On the US server there are many, many regulars that almost only use the Baby Face just to annoy the player that is Hale.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

I suggested for BFB to be removed, it was declined on the basis of Hale having rage to use against them

Reducing his rage is only going to make chasing BFB scouts even worse

Reducing his rage is only going to make chasing BFB scouts even worse
The reduce of the rage that is suggested is pretty small, so personally i dont think it doesnt make that big difference in chasing scouts with baby faces blasters. Also i think we cant really know would reducing rage make chasing BFB scouts really that worse thats why i think we should atleast give this suggestion a test period.

Old Boy NP

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
You could add 1.5k to Hale's needed damage to rage and most players won't notice. I vote for some days of trial.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sorry to butt in, I'm defib, avid-ish player of Hale, best in the world. Creator of Skial VSH's 1959 Detachment

I think you can kind of apply the "You give a man a fish: you feed him for a day. You teach a man how to fish: you feed him forever," mentality.
As hale, you should never rely on your rages. If you constantly need to rage, that means you decrease your skill in jumping, air strafing, and
landing solid hits on players in the air and on the ground.

What makes good hales is not constant raging, it's good jumping. How can I counter engie nests without raging? Giant air curves after a 100%
leap, sentries are slow to track this X-Y-Z movement that hale has made. And if you get it just right, you can land on the engies head, haha. It's funny. Because, it makes that noise.

ANYWAY. Same goes for BFB (usually the last man standing on hale). Whether or not scouts like it they have to jump eventually. You can constantly jump to higher platforms, and take cover and ...
a) The scout will not get damage on you, so no additional boost is added.
b) The scout will attempt to access you, or fear for his life and start jumping around, loosing boost.
c) You don't lose HP as hale.

In my honest opinion, and I'm not saying this to "stereotype," noobs that they suck via raging, but shorting the rage meter, and making them jump more makes matches more interesting,
challenging, and of course more fun.

I earnestly +1 to extend the amount of damage hale takes to rage.

Reactions: HowIMetYourMother