• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

GamerMartin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hello. I'm Martin. I have a question about the ban i got. My story: I was playing in Team Fortress 2 Skial server and just got banned, before i got banned i healed a player. I got ban and a text: Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check [LINK] for more info.
So i went to the webpage and saw my name. I clicked on it and saw this reason: SMAC 0.8.4.1: ConVar mat_dxlevel violation (bad query result). I don't know what that means, could anyone help me?

Thanks,

Martin.

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Hello. I'm Martin. I have a question about the ban i got. My story: I was playing in Team Fortress 2 Skial server and just got banned, before i got banned i healed a player. I got ban and a text: Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check [LINK] for more info.
So i went to the webpage and saw my name. I clicked on it and saw this reason: SMAC 0.8.4.1: ConVar mat_dxlevel violation (bad query result). I don't know what that means, could anyone help me?

Thanks,
Martin.
SMAC is our automated hack detection system. The intricacies of the program are over my head, but I'm sure one of the admins who understand how it works will respond to this soon.

GamerMartin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
SMAC is our automated hack detection system. The intricacies of the program are over my head, but I'm sure one of the admins who understand how it works will respond to this soon.

Wow, i have never hacked in TF 2 and i don't have any mods, it just is like i installed it in Steam, i have nothing added to it. Thanks for the reply!

GamerMartin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Omg, now i have been banned from another server too. What the hell is going on? How can i fix this? Re-install? Please help me.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
This detection is kind of silly. I think it bans anyone who has a version of directx lower then 8.

I think it can act as a wallhack, since TF2 supports directx version 8.

Upgrade your directx and post here when you are done

GamerMartin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Try making a post about it here, https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133

I've never seen that ban reason before.

I posted a thread there now: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1958693#post1958693

This detection is kind of silly. I think it bans anyone who has a version of directx lower then 8.

I think it can act as a wallhack, since TF2 supports directx version 8.

Upgrade your directx and post here when you are done

My DirectX is the latest: DirectX 11.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Go to video settings and click on advanced. On the bottom it tells you what directx version you specified fo rthe game

GamerMartin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
DirectX.png

"DirectX v0.0"

o_o That looks pretty broken.

Have you updated the drivers for your graphic card, otherwise that may be a good start. Or just await further answers from Killer.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Open up steam and go to tf2. Click on properties.

Click on set launch options and type this in
-dxlevel_90

launch tf2 and look at your video settings again. i wanna try a simple fix before getting into it

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
did you do -dxlevel_90? I typed it in wrong the first time and said -dxlevel_09. So if you copied and pasted it than that didn't help.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Hmm this is odd. I have to leave for work soon. I won't be able to help you until i get back around 5, unless someone else can. Here is a list of instructions to try. Please do one at a time and post the results. I will look when I get back.

1. Remove the underscore from your launch options. -dxlevel 90 (sorry its been a long time since I played with launch options)
  • Launch tf2 and see what happens
2. Reboot your computer, boot tf2 with the -dxlevel 90.
3. Do you have any other steam games? Boot to one of them (like CSS) and check the dx level in there.
4. Upgrade your video drivers. (graphics)
  • When finished, reboot the machine and relaunch tf2.
5. Verify integrity of game cahce
6. Go to this location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin and find the file dxsupport.cfg.
  • Open up this file in notepad and paste it here.