The Ancient

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I've come back to TF2 after many years and I try to connect to a Skial server and get this error:

TF2 ban.jpg

I was able to connect from home fine but when I use the cloud gaming service GeForce NOW, I get this error.

I can't seem to find my ban at Sourcebans. I really would appreciate some help with this issue since I really love playing on Skial servers.

Thank you.

• Troll
Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

Aeryn

TF2 Admin
Contributor
You can appeal over here: https://www.skial.com/forums/ban-appeals.14/

Your ban will be removed but you won't be able to use GeForce Now or you'll just get banned again.

Also, I don't see the ban on the Steam account connected to your Skial account. Have you tried connecting without GeForce Now to see if you still get that message? Or, were you using a different Steam account at the time?

The Ancient

Scarcely Lethal Noob
You can appeal over here: https://www.skial.com/forums/ban-appeals.14/

Your ban will be removed but you won't be able to use GeForce Now or you'll just get banned again.

Also, I don't see the ban on the Steam account connected to your Skial account. Have you tried connecting without GeForce Now to see if you still get that message? Or, were you using a different Steam account at the time?

As my original post states, I connect just fine from home using the standard application but when I'm at work using GeForce NOW, I get the error.

Small minority

It's pretty obvious that you don't care. Fine. Like I said, I'll just play somewhere else. There are plenty of other servers that don't suffer from these kinds of extreme authoritarian measures. If these are the lengths you must go to, your community must be pretty toxic. It's an obvious warning sign for me to avoid you completely. I've been gaming for almost 50 years (back to the Atari 2600) and never felt the need to cheat. To lump honest players like me together with cheaters is frankly insulting.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and making it clear that I'm not welcome here.

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
As my original post states, I connect just fine from home using the standard application but when I'm at work using GeForce NOW, I get the error.

It's pretty obvious that you don't care. Fine. Like I said, I'll just play somewhere else. There are plenty of other servers that don't suffer from these kinds of extreme authoritarian measures. If these are the lengths you must go to, your community must be pretty toxic. It's an obvious warning sign for me to avoid you completely. I've been gaming for almost 50 years (back to the Atari 2600) and never felt the need to cheat. To lump honest players like me together with cheaters is frankly insulting.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and making it clear that I'm not welcome here.
We ban GeForce Now because cheaters were abusing it and were using it to constantly bypass our bans.

We aren't targeting you at all.

Reactions: BadmanoftheBrine

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Good grief, with that attitude you're not going to be welcome at a lot of places.
You should also be working when at work, not playing games, so these 'punitive' measures could actually be doing you a favour, by helping you be more productive.

The Ancient

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Good grief, with that attitude you're not going to be welcome at a lot of places.
You should also be working when at work, not playing games, so these 'punitive' measures could actually be doing you a favour, by helping you be more productive.

Your response is a perfect example of this toxic community. Actually, your avatar says it all. Thank you for displaying your true colors.

You have no idea what my job entails. I use GeForce NOW because I'm literally playing on a corporate networked office PC that has a basic video card. My employer knows exactly what I do. One day, when you finally become an adult, you will have the self awareness to not inject an ignorant statement inside a support thread. Hopefully, for your sake, that day comes soon so you don't continue to embarrass yourself.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Your response is a perfect example of this toxic community. Actually, your avatar says it all. Thank you for displaying your true colors.

You have no idea what my job entails. I use GeForce NOW because I'm literally playing on a corporate networked office PC that has a basic video card. My employer knows exactly what I do. One day, when you finally become an adult, you will have the self awareness to not inject an ignorant statement inside a support thread. Hopefully, for your sake, that day comes soon so you don't continue to embarrass yourself.
Instead of complaining here, why don't you complain to your employer that your equipment is not good enough to play games on? If they are so accommodating, perhaps they will upgrade your pc so that you can spend more time playing TF2.
Your attitude to someone who points out the obvious reveals all, you certainly don't like not getting your own way, and resort to insults and throwing your toys out the pram when confronted by the truth interspersed with mild sarcasm. So tell me, who needs to grow up?

Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

The Ancient

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Instead of complaining here, why don't you complain to your employer that your equipment is not good enough to play games on? If they are so accommodating, perhaps they will upgrade your pc so that you can spend more time playing TF2.
Your attitude to someone who points out the obvious reveals all, you certainly don't like not getting your own way, and resort to insults and throwing your toys out the pram when confronted by the truth interspersed with mild sarcasm. So tell me, who needs to grow up?

You began the insults. I only returned the favor. I made the original post to clarify a support issue. Unlike you, I showed respect. I believe this is a concept that you cannot comprehend. I blame bad parenting. Based on your grammar, you likely also have poor reading comprehension skills which explains your incoherent rambling and confusion. I blame your lack of education. Responding to you is obviously a waste of time but I consider it a sport. Everyone reading this is enjoying your destruction.

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
Imagine being upset you can't play Skial at work but you can play just fine at home, is this an old person thing or just what happens when you're this far up your own arse you think the majority of players need NOW to play the game.

The Ancient

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Imagine being upset you can't play Skial at work but you can play just fine at home, is this an old person thing or just what happens when you're this far up your own arse you think the majority of players need NOW to play the game.

Keep talking. I love the fact that you are proving what a garbage community this is. I'm glad I came here to witness this. Now I can warn others.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You began the insults. I only returned the favor. I made the original post to clarify a support issue. Unlike you, I showed respect. I believe this is a concept that you cannot comprehend. I blame bad parenting. Based on your grammar, you likely also have poor reading comprehension skills which explains your incoherent rambling and confusion. I blame your lack of education. Responding to you is obviously a waste of time but I consider it a sport. Everyone reading this is enjoying your destruction.
No, I used sarcasm, you initiated the insults., as I stated before:

you certainly don't like not getting your own way, and resort to insults and throwing your toys out the pram
Destruction? Haha, your ego seems to be another of your numerous flaws. You are merely reverting to verbosity, spouting basic and immature insults, which ultimately boil down to "you're dumb", "bad upbringing", and "shit-talker".
Keep talking. I love the fact that you are proving what a garbage community this is
Feel free to fuck off whenever you choose... I for one won't be losing any sleep.

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
What I don't get is, if they're letting him slack off at work to play games, why not just buy a fucking gaming laptop. Unless there's a reason he can't buy one.....