Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
It is clear to me that there are two conflicting playerbases now in the "deathrun community" and that is those who want to enjoy classic deathrun and those who wish to play more so-called "parkour" deathrun maps. The deathrun server has already tried some of these maps and they were removed due to being unpopular with the "main" deathrun playerbase however there is still a demand for them by others. So I believe that the best solution would be to have a separate server to cater to them rather than trying to force the main deathrun players to endure them.

What makes a deathrun map a "parkour" map? Well that's where opinions can vary but the general consensus is that any map that requires skillful platforming beyond simple jumping to the point that most players find it difficult. The following list is what I consider to be hardcore, or "parkour", deathrun maps:
  • dr_cybertower
  • dr_waterrun
  • dr_forgotten_origin
  • dr_nighttown
  • dr_js_arcade
  • dr_neonoir
  • dr_technoir
  • dr_bearrun
  • dr_mlg_bearrun
  • dr_bearrush
  • dr_grizzly
  • dr_outrun
  • dr_crystal
  • dr_pq
There are enough maps that fit the criteria to fill a separate rotation and I think it would be a great idea.

LottaFazion

Mildly Menacing Medic
we're claiming independence (and don't forget to add the original pirate adventure, NOT the baby version)

+1

Pot Head Wabbit

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
+1 , not actually sure if there's enough parkour players to maintain a server like that long term but if it means they're not on main clogging the map vote with "!nominate nightown, !nomiante pq." then I'm all for at least trying it.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
It is clear to me that there are two conflicting playerbases now in the "deathrun community" and that is those who want to enjoy classic deathrun and those who wish to play more so-called "parkour" deathrun maps. The deathrun server has already tried some of these maps and they were removed due to being unpopular with the "main" deathrun playerbase however there is still a demand for them by others. So I believe that the best solution would be to have a separate server to cater to them rather than trying to force the main deathrun players to endure them.

What makes a deathrun map a "parkour" map? Well that's where opinions can vary but the general consensus is that any map that requires skillful platforming beyond simple jumping to the point that most players find it difficult. The following list is what I consider to be hardcore, or "parkour", deathrun maps:
  • dr_cybertower
  • dr_waterrun
  • dr_forgotten_origin
  • dr_nighttown
  • dr_js_arcade
  • dr_neonoir
  • dr_technoir
  • dr_bearrun
  • dr_mlg_bearrun
  • dr_bearrush
  • dr_grizzly
  • dr_outrun
  • dr_crystal
  • dr_pq
There are enough maps that fit the criteria to fill a separate rotation and I think it would be a great idea.
+1

Bloodpop

Uncharitable Spy
FINALLY, I can have peace from all of the shitty corridor meme maps and enjoy my parkour heaven maps.

+1