Toxik

Contributor
Girlfriend got a 3DS and I can't wait to get my hands on one, hopefully before they come out.
What do you guys think will be the better one? X or Y?

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
To all the people who say these new pokemon are gonna suck because they're un-original or something:
Take a look at Grimer, and Seel.
First off, seel is the most un-original name in the pokemon series.
But both of these pokemon, when they evolve, just turn into bigger versions of their old forms.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
To all the people who say these new pokemon are gonna suck because they're un-original or something:
But both of these pokemon, when they evolve, just turn into bigger versions of their old forms.
Ekans, Arbok, Voltorb and Electrode are god damn pathetic, too.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Pokemon are supposed to simple creatures, not huge fucking monsters. Examples:
kyurem-white.jpg

250px-487Giratina-Altered.png

I mean seriously, these are so overdone. Giritina is pretty cool though imo, but Black and White were really pushing the boundaries.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just because you think its supposed to be about "simple creatures" doesn't mean all of them have to be.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
Pokemon are supposed to simple creatures, not huge fucking monsters.

I mean seriously, these are so overdone. Giritina is pretty cool though imo, but Black and White were really pushing the boundaries.
The reason there wasn't many over complicated designs in gen 1 and 2 is because they had to deal with graphical limitations like
Spr_1g_144.png
Spr_1b_146.png
Spr_1b_145.png
Spr_1b_150.png
Spr_1g_151.png
Spr_1g_084.png
Spr_b_g1_034.png
Spr_b_g1_005.png
Spr_1y_045.png

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That moment when you realize the possibility of the game forcing you to fight 5 wild zubat at once when you're in a cave and having trainers can challenge you to a battle if they see you over a freaking cliff. :sweetjesus:
At least hoard battles will be good for grinding.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
That moment when you realize the possibility of the game forcing you to fight 5 wild zubat at once when you're in a cave and having trainers can challenge you to a battle if they see you over a freaking cliff. :sweetjesus:
At least hoard battles will be good for grinding.
I think they confirmed all Sky Battles are optional and avoidable

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
I am actually intrigued in the new horde fights and how those battles would turn out. Got really nothing else to say, but i wish there would at least be one more game with battles similar to the battle style of white 2 and black 2. Also, I just remember a video like this existed, sooooooo here it is