you can trust my hooves

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Yesterday (06.12.) there appeared a new flash video ad (?) even for me as a donator on the EU TF2 servers. It crashes my client if I don't manage to click the "CONTINUE" button fast enough. Even Windows XP crashes, I have to hard reset the computer. My Flash is up to date.

W8baby

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Why would you use windows xp if you have an i7 processor (and I presume enough RAM to run w7?)

wokmage

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Why would you use windows xp if you have an i7 processor (and I presume enough RAM to run w7?)

This, XP was an excellent operating system (a large part of the reason it's been around as long as it has), but there are some really good reasons that Microsoft made Windoze 7. Also, TF2 runs great on my Commodore 128 (I just upgraded from the 64) :troll:.

Bottiger

Administrator
We can't selectively remove ads. If it crashes you I would go to the advanced settings and turn off HTML motds. You should only do this if you are crashing though because we depend on advertising to exist. We would need to take 3x the current amount of donations to exist without ads.

you can trust my hooves

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Because I'm using Windows only for games? Windows is an excellent gaming platform, but I never would use it for serious stuff :p

@Bottiger: Thanks! Didn't know this is possible, even selectivly only for motds without disabling the Steam overlay web browser (which I really like to use while in-game). Will try it tomorrow.