you can trust my hooves

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Yesterday (06.12.) there appeared a new flash video ad (?) even for me as a donator on the EU TF2 servers. It crashes my client if I don't manage to click the "CONTINUE" button fast enough. Even Windows XP crashes, I have to hard reset the computer. My Flash is up to date.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
BA DUM DUM TSSSSH BA DUM DUM TSSSH BLAH BLAH BLAH WRESTLING MOTORCYLES

Toxik

Contributor
Nope.avi
I'd say something about you being a pony and me being amused at how awful your computer is for not being able to play a single video clip, but I won't.
Yet.

you can trust my hooves

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Bullshit, Youtube works very fine in the Steam overlay browser while playing TF2 (via key F4).

And by the way am I not going to extent my donator status if this problem forces me to switch to Windows 7 or something, it's simply not necessary that there is a flash movie ad in a player that isn't properly written for donators. If I wouldn't donate I would say it's "my problem", but not as a donator.

It's pure luck if it crashes the game (and often even Windows), and it's very annoying to restart the whole shit even on a i7 machine and a 17 Mbit/s downstream line.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Bullshit, Youtube works very fine in the Steam overlay browser while playing TF2 (via key F4).

And by the way am I not going to extent my donator status if this problem forces me to switch to Windows 7 or something, it's simply not necessary that there is a flash movie ad in a player that isn't properly written for donators. If I wouldn't donate I would say it's "my problem", but not as a donator.

It's pure luck if it crashes the game (and often even Windows), and it's very annoying to restart the whole shit even on a i7 machine and a 17 Mbit/s downstream line.
Sounds more like it may be an issue with your Flash installation. I HATE Flash. When I say I HATE Flash, I HATE Flash and wishes that Adobe would die in a fire. However, even I'm not having an issue with the Flash ad.

Reactions: Anya

Turovik

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Flash doesn't usually like to play nice with Chrome or Windows 7...I haven't experienced the issue that OP is talking about though...

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
My brother has the same problem too, he uses an old laptop from 2005...

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Flash doesn't usually like to play nice with Chrome or Windows 7...I haven't experienced the issue that OP is talking about though...
I've been running Win7 since the public betas and I haven't had any more issues with it on Win7 than I have with XP or Vista. Flash is an equal opportunity offender.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It takes me 20 minutes to warm up all the tubes my 1980's computer uses. Still runs TF2 like a charm.
._.

Reactions: Doki