Novus

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Please remove random crits skial! I spend 1/3 of my day on Dustbowl and am a very loyal member. Random crits take away a lot of the skill that makes TF2 so rewarding. The art of keeping track of how much damage I have dealt and how much damage I have taken goes out the window when a soldier or demo gets a rare high moment. Don't even get me started on the gibus heavy that injects laser beams into my hitbox. It's just not fair or balanced and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. Please if you can remove them from the 24/7 US Dustbowl server. That server has a ton of regulars and a majority strongly dislike random crits as well!!! You can leave them on for less serious maps like 2FORT but for Dustbowl please remove them! I would be forever grateful as I want to keep playing on your server but this broken game mechanic is making me want to call it quits :(

Rornir

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Skial keeps the random crits on because the absolute bottom of the barrel players need those boosted crit odds and kills to feel good. I'd argue keeping them off would be good at reinforcing good gameplay on servers, but who cares when you can pad your stats with an extra crit rocket or 5 every life.

gala

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Skial keeps the random crits on because the absolute bottom of the barrel players need those boosted crit odds and kills to feel good. I'd argue keeping them off would be good at reinforcing good gameplay on servers, but who cares when you can pad your stats with an extra crit rocket or 5 every life.
You loose a good chunk of players for this and turn your server into a tryhard fest driving off casual players

Rornir

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
You loose a good chunk of players for this and turn your server into a tryhard fest driving off casual players
Have you played a game before...? Either you're a friendly/troll or playing the game. Tryhard is just what you call someone when you're too bad at the game to get better. You getting out skilled by a demo landing a pipe, a soldier air shotting you, or a sniper slapping your face in can be outplayed. Some moron hitting a roll of the dice wiping +600 HP away from a team is only countered by an Uber, a Vaccinator (tuned to the right nature of the damage no less), or a Battalion's. All those "counters" have a limited time frame whereas a crit can happen whenever. Saying "Turning off random crits will drive off casual players" ignores people who want to play better than the bots used to fill the servers in the morning.

Rand

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Have you played a game before...? Either you're a friendly/troll or playing the game. Tryhard is just what you call someone when you're too bad at the game to get better. You getting out skilled by a demo landing a pipe, a soldier air shotting you, or a sniper slapping your face in can be outplayed. Some moron hitting a roll of the dice wiping +600 HP away from a team is only countered by an Uber, a Vaccinator (tuned to the right nature of the damage no less), or a Battalion's. All those "counters" have a limited time frame whereas a crit can happen whenever. Saying "Turning off random crits will drive off casual players" ignores people who want to play better than the bots used to fill the servers in the morning.
Oh, don't worry, he's a scripting tryhard, imo. He knows what you are talking about.

Lord Zuko

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
they hated jesus because he spoke the truth

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Given that you literally complain about everything that kills you, disabling crits would not do that much.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Stop complaining and play. Consider having fun when you play video games. Crits aren't a big deal considering this failed suggestion has -9 votes.

• Haha
Reactions: Rornir and Creadora