New Petition for Dr_Horrors to return or an updated version

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by samhunt12, Aug 7, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should dr_horrors be brought back?

1. Yes!

16.7%
  2. No!

16.7%
  3. Yes but an updated version with no exploits

66.7%
  1. samhunt12

samhunt12 Somewhat Threatening Sniper

Steam:

I'm making a prototype map that covers all of those exploits, i will link it when done

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. samhunt12

samhunt12 Somewhat Threatening Sniper

Steam:

update, the editing went horribly wrong (i clipped the exploit areas but the decompiling destroyed the map) but I found a map that seems to be better than the old one as the first trap is not climbable and the roof exploit doesn't work: https://gamebanana.com/maps/169228

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. [Z4T]bapub

[Z4T]bapub Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Everything was said, +1

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Meowcenary

Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

The point I'm trying to make is even if the map is popular among the deathrun players, it was still receiving little, if any player traffic according to the server's logs. (Assuming it was indeed removed for lack of player traffic and not something like crippling bugs)

We're not denying you guys like the map. I liked the map too.

But if a map is receiving little to no traffic it goes poof. It can't be kept in rotation because maps that drive away player traffic can severely damage the server's overall player population

Also for the record I'm just explaining why the map likely went away. I'm not saying it can't come back, that's up to you guys to convince Bottiger. But if it does make a return you guys should help drive player traffic to the map when possible by playing on it. The more player traffic on the map means the more likely it will stay.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. KinCryos

KinCryos TF2 Admin Contributor Mapper

Steam:

people will always waste time. the button doesn't change anything, it sets two of the traps at random and tells Hale which one "failed" to prime, provided that nobody already passed through a doorway which automatically sets the traps in the other two doorways.

the best way to handle it would be a hint message that says one of three things, such as
    • (if you're the first runner there and Hale hasn't hit the button yet) "These traps haven't been primed yet, whatever doorway you choose will be safe but traps in the other two will be set..."
    • (if another runner got through before Hale hit the button) "Someone's been here... hope they marked the path they took 'cause that's the safe one, the other two aren't..."
    • (if Hale has hit the button) "Two of the traps have been set at random. Good luck..."

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Cream Tea

Cream Tea Legendary Skial King Legendary Mapper

Steam:

People always hang around at choice doors, it's pretty much a part of deathrun.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Windows95

Windows95 Uncharitable Spy

Steam:

If this is possible, then yes, it's the best option

8. serbey

serbey Uncharitable Spy

Steam:

+1 Used to play back when the map was still in rotation, I found the map incredibly popular, find it hard to believe the map had diverted server traffic. Needs to come back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice