• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
So, I was recently watching some TF2 videos, and I noted a couple weapon combos that were, really, over-powered if you think about it. For example:
Class: Spy
Primary: L'Etranger
Secondary: Big Earner
Watch: The Dead Ringer
So what was happening is, the L'Etranger and Big Earner both give you cloak on hit, and the Dead Ringer can feign your death and it blocks a helluvalot of damage, so the two weapons together can just constantly give you an almost instantly regenerating stream of "Dead Rings", see what I'm gettin' at?
I also know a couple more, but I wanna hear what OP class combos you have discovered, just so I can know how people change and play the game today, Cool?
:)

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I prefer ambassador because letranger blows as far as damage. Big Earn, DR, Ambassador. The only OP spy item is the enforcer. end of story.

Z

zeubermensch

Thought you meant combination of different classes, EG Heavy/Medic.
If that were the case, consider the following in a 6v6:

Soldier: Liberty Launcher, Buff Banner, Disciplinary Action.
Medic: Overdose, Quick fix, Vita-saw
Heavy: Tomislav, Sandvich, GRU
Medic: Blutsauger, Medigun, Solemn Vow
Scout: Shortstop, Mad Milk, Holy Mackerel, Milkman
Pyro: Degreaser, Reserve Shooter, Axtinguisher

Engineers are irrelevant when there's that much rape going around. If you don't understand why this rapes, consider this. Disciplinary action speeds up the team. Buff banner gives out damage bonus to nearby teammates. Quick fix medic heals the soldier, the scout, the other medic, and the pyro. When the team is all in good health, it pockets the soldier. Overdose makes it faster, which allows it to fix even quicker. Milkman scout has more HP off the bat, and can help it's allies by milk-coating their inevitable kills to heal when the quick fix medic might be overwhelmed. Heavy's sandvich also serves this purpose. Pyro does what pyro does, flank and rape. Solemn Vow medic snitches over mic at who's lowest health and pockets the heavy at all times. Tomislav/GRU heavy is fast heavy. Faster due to disciplinary action soldier. Everyone's a team player. Rape happens.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
Thought you meant combination of different classes, EG Heavy/Medic.
If that were the case, consider the following in a 6v6:

Soldier: Liberty Launcher, Buff Banner, Disciplinary Action.
Medic: Overdose, Quick fix, Vita-saw
Heavy: Tomislav, Sandvich, GRU
Medic: Blutsauger, Medigun, Solemn Vow
Pyro: Degreaser, Reserve Shooter, Axtinguisher

Engineers are irrelevant when there's that much rape going around. If you don't understand why this rapes, consider this. Disciplinary action speeds up the team. Buff banner gives out damage bonus to nearby teammates. Quick fix medic heals the soldier, the scout, the other medic, and the pyro. When the team is all in good health, it pockets the soldier. Overdose makes it faster, which allows it to fix even quicker. Milkman scout has more HP off the bat, and can help it's allies by milk-coating their inevitable kills to heal when the quick fix medic might be overwhelmed. Heavy's sandvich also serves this purpose. Pyro does what pyro does, flank and rape. Solemn Vow medic snitches over mic at who's lowest health and pockets the heavy at all times. Tomislav/GRU heavy is fast heavy. Faster due to disciplinary action soldier. Everyone's a team player. Rape happens.
...Reserve shooter? Flare's more useful...

Tomi Gruvich can die in a fire, btw

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
So, I was recently watching some TF2 videos, and I noted a couple weapon combos that were, really, over-powered if you think about it. For example:
Class: Spy
Primary: L'Etranger
Secondary: Big Earner
Watch: The Dead Ringer
So what was happening is, the L'Etranger and Big Earner both give you cloak on hit, and the Dead Ringer can feign your death and it blocks a helluvalot of damage, so the two weapons together can just constantly give you an almost instantly regenerating stream of "Dead Rings", see what I'm gettin' at?
I also know a couple more, but I wanna hear what OP class combos you have discovered, just so I can know how people change and play the game today, Cool?
:)
I'd like to know if you actually tried this out, or you're just trying to make sense of things on paper.

Anyway, Tomislav+Sandvich+G.R.U eliminates most of Heavy's weaknesses, his slow speed, slow reaction/spinup time, and gives him the potential to be quite stealthy.
Still easy to counter if you have more than a walnut for a brain, but effective 9 times out of 10 against standard pub players.

pr1mus da scr1pt

Well how? Dead Rings keep you alive, and the weapons make cloak, keeping you alive longer than ever
and how are you going to kill people? you can't exactly go and "dead ring" someone to death. spy itself is very reliant on your opponents being completely oblivious. your strategy revolves around 1 vs 1 situations, against people without means to detect a cloaked spy (jarate, fire, mad milk etc), spy is absolutely shit in the dueling apartment considering he's better suited for backdooring teams, rather than fighting head on.

Milkman scout has more HP off the bat

i hope that 15+HP comes in handy when a superior scattergun scout comes along and rapes your shit.

pr1mus da scr1pt

Do note how I posted 6v6, not 1v1. He's a team player here, not an assassin. The shortstop isn't even bad, either.
spy and his design doesn't really compliment 6vs6 though, especially in small team comps the enemy team will be sure to be on the lookout regarding dead ringers. granted your 'overpowered loadout' grants extra survivability, but you will have little damage, and you'll spend a lot of time sucking on your thumb in a corner whilst more competent 6vs6 classes will be giddy to head towards the electronic decloaking sound once your deadringer wears off.

scout in the right hands is actually overpowered, you can even get mad milk to be more of a 'team player', besides granting utility for your team, and giving yourself sustained survivability (i would keep the scattergun though, 15+ hp doesn't really mean much when you acknowledge that you are a hit-and-run two meatshot wonder that can double-jump away before the enemy team knows wtf.)

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I would love to see the Milkman set buffed, because it really feels like the only scout set that plays differently, but at the moment it totally sucks.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Atomizer and Bonk are actually pretty OP.
On certain maps like Viaduct, the third jump opens up a ton of flanking opportunities and taking 10 health away isn't all that bad considering you can rape their sniper who's raping your teammates.
Bonk on the other hand allows you to go complete derp and get past heavy medic combos and stuff like that.