• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Unban Dire?

• Yes

Votes: 56 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 60 51.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Bottiger said he can come back on his main account if the majortiy vote yes. So cast your vote.

No flaming guys

Here is some proof that dire is still dire causing drama.

2012-07-31 14:59:55 is telling me a story.  skial.com | DUSTBOWL+ | Chicago cp_dustbowl
2012-07-31 14:59:51 the guy u banned.  skial.com | DUSTBOWL+ | Chicago cp_dustbowl
2012-07-31 14:59:41 iono.  skial.com | DUSTBOWL+ | Chicago cp_dustbowl
2012-07-31 14:59:25 XD.  skial.com | DUSTBOWL+ | Chicago cp_dustbowl
2012-07-31 14:59:15 woah killlerzebra u have admin gf?.  skial.com | DUSTBOWL+ | Chicago cp_dustbowl

http://www.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=1325212

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1, his lesson was apparently learned if he's been playing in the server for a month without incident, albeit "unlawfully."

Airakah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
tumblr_m2jtvnUEO91qbh7go.gif

yay.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
He's dodging a permaban put in place by Roman for very good reasons. He didn't even bother to come and ask to be unbanned on that ban first. I reiterate... No.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
+1, his lesson was apparently learned if he's been playing in the server for a month without incident, albeit "unlawfully."

Being a model citizen after breaking out of jail doesn't get you off the hook, it only extends your sentence. Letting him back with no punishment after avoiding the ban only makes that look acceptable, having admins that knew but did nothing is sad.

He's dodging a permaban put in place by Roman for very good reasons. He didn't even bother to come and ask to be unbanned on that ban first. I reiterate... No.

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King
Guys, its a game your not wardens, you're players too and if you were in his position you would want a second change, even a third, and maybe a fourth, and don't give me that "No I wouldn't cause im a good kiddie" because ya would. Just admit that, and then take your vote.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I am not going to care or get into whatever got this guy banned in the first place. I am more concerned with the ban evasion, letting him back without punishment will be a bad example for what Skial does with banned members. Don't people complain enough about our Admins not doing their job right? And that is just without a base to lean on.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Being a model citizen after breaking out of jail doesn't get you off the hook, it only extends your sentence. Letting him back with no punishment after avoiding the ban only makes that look acceptable, having admins that knew but did nothing is sad.

I don't think you fellas should be admonishing other admins even in general publicly, I'd be using the admin forum for that...just my own opinion on that.

We simply have a difference in opinion on the topic however, I agree that him circumventing the ban was wrong, but it's hardly similar to someone breaking out of jail....he merely wanted to play with his friends, he should of handled it better such as asking someone to make a post for him, but what's done is done, human beings are flawed creatures...he fucked up, he's been behaving, let him play this video game with his friends so long as he doesn't cause problems.

And if you feel an example must be set for the ban evasion, action him if he gets unbanned, give him another week to sit out and make it abundantly clear it's his final chance.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
OK... Where do I begin...

From what I gather, you guys might possibly think of me as level-headed and a voice of reason.

Just because CiNiC may have his own (but NOWHERE near as extreme) drama doesn't mean he's not right.

Let's leave CiNiC entirely out of this issue.

This wouldn't be the first time I've seen somebody apologizing out the side of their mouth while continuing to do what they're apologizing for.

I agree with CiNiC that Direwulf should remain banned. Dire might be a nice guy somewhere at the core but that's all wrapped up in a good amount of mental instability and a vast need for some therapy. Another part of the problem is that he has friends that I've had run-ins with who have been enabling him in this and aiding him in causing problems that we all have to deal with, admin or not.

Have some standards, people. Just because he's fun when he's sober doesn't mean that there's not going to be issues that we all have to deal with.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Here is some proof that dire is still dire causing drama. he was talking to some guy via pm and than having him talk to me through the server. heres a log

2012-07-31 14:59:55 is telling me a story.  skial.com | DUSTBOWL+ | Chicago cp_dustbowl
2012-07-31 14:59:51 the guy u banned.  skial.com | DUSTBOWL+ | Chicago cp_dustbowl
2012-07-31 14:59:41 iono.  skial.com | DUSTBOWL+ | Chicago cp_dustbowl
2012-07-31 14:59:25 XD.  skial.com | DUSTBOWL+ | Chicago cp_dustbowl
2012-07-31 14:59:15 woah killlerzebra u have admin gf?.  skial.com | DUSTBOWL+ | Chicago cp_dustbowl

http://www.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=1325212

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Guys, its a game your not wardens, you're players too and if you were in his position you would want a second change, even a third, and maybe a fourth, and don't give me that "No I wouldn't cause im a good kiddie" because ya would. Just admit that, and then take your vote.
The kind of people we prefer to have on our servers and play with avoid being banned to begin with, much less a second time. The only reason people get bans are for creating a poor experience for our other players, if everyone did that we wouldn't have a community.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't think you fellas should be admonishing other admins even in general publicly, I'd be using the admin forum for that...just my own opinion on that.

We simply have a difference in opinion on the topic however, I agree that him circumventing the ban was wrong, but it's hardly similar to someone breaking out of jail....he merely wanted to play with his friends, he should of handled it better such as asking someone to make a post for him, but what's done is done, human beings are flawed creatures...he fucked up, he's been behaving, let him play this video game with his friends so long as he doesn't cause problems.
But couldn't he have gone around other servers and invited his friends there? Fact is he knew he had a ban and STILL came to Skial servers.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
But couldn't he have gone around other servers and invited his friends there? Fact is he knew he had a ban and STILL came to Skial servers.

Nowhere in my post was I justifying his circumvention, I even amended my post because I didn't think it was clear enough I think he should be actioned for the circumvention, I just don't think it should be a factor in him never getting another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.