Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Can we get a 'misinformed' rating for posts like this?
Don't worry, you'll get to know sid or should I say notsid, he is lucid once in a blue moon and suddenly appears, he comes out with the profound and meaningful then retires back into his mind.
(I like thenotsid)

OleGreg

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
:facepalm: what is an army if its not just following direction from the general / leader etc. Do you think the 17 year old kids in Vietnam believed in the politics involved, or because their CO told them to? Do you think they joined the marines to honour their country or to go fighting?
Are those kids in Africa fighting for their country or freedom? or tell me are they brainwashed into thinking that its the right thing to do by a crazed leader?
Do you think the communist leaders groom these kids into believing the country is everything and they should give their lives for it in order to protect it? They all teach the youth the same thing, patriotism, its just some leaders have bad agendas. so yes the Obama youth is the same as the hitler youth movement, but the leaders have different agendas.
Oh, and is this familiar to you? I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. long before Obama, long before hitler. I think your getting mistaken with what point you are making
http://forgottenhistoryblog.com/the-official-american-flag-salute-used-to-be-a-hitler-salute/

I think you might be the only person here Mado not drinking the cool-aide. Something that the majority of the people here didn't understand one simple thing...and I'll quote it from you ;-)

"so yes the Obama youth is the same as the hitler youth movement, but the leaders have different agendas."

They'd probably be okay if I compared Obama to some great figure, but they get their panties in a bunch if you compare them to a bad guy. In truth Hitler only stands out similar to Obama in three different ways.

1.His persuasive tactics. Hitler was a great showman and Obama is too. I haven't seen any President (in my time) that has worked the crowds as well as him, this isn't a bad thing. A good politician should be able to work the crowds, I know other political figures have been great showman's ship but if I compare him (Obama) to Hitler, it freaks people out.

2.Gun Control. Obama wants it, Hitler got it. Both used children as props to get to push their agendas.
TDV20130116a(1).png

3.And various acts like Gitmo. While Obama didn't create it, a torture camp doesn't exactly inspire confidence of being the good guys.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
They'd probably be okay if I compared Obama to some great figure, but they get their panties in a bunch if you compare them to a bad guy. In truth Hitler only stands out similar to Obama in three different ways.
Of course, who wouldn't? If someone says your mom is a good gal, I'd assume you'd be okay with him saying that, whereas if the guy says your mom is a fucking whore then I bet you wouldn't be very okay with that.
1.His persuasive tactics. Hitler was a great showman and Obama is too. I haven't seen any President (in my time) that has worked the crowds as well as him, this isn't a bad thing. A good politician should be able to work the crowds, I know other political figures have been great showman's ship but if I compare him (Obama) to Hitler, it freaks people out.
If you're talking about comparing Obama to Hitler just like that, then duh people are going to be all over you. If you compare Obama's charisma to Hitler's and people freak out they don't know their history. Hitler's style of charisma is something still teached out to this day because it was just that effective.

2.Gun Control. Obama wants it, Hitler got it. Both used children as props to get to push their agendas.
TDV20130116a(1).png
Different agendas, Obama want to have gun control in order to lower the amount of damage that can be done to inevitable school shootings and just prevent too much damage in general, whereas Hitler wanted to restrict gun control in order to make sure the population wouldn't be able to effectively rise up against Hitler and make sure that the ones who agreed with him got better arms.
3.And various acts like Gitmo. While Obama didn't create it, a torture camp doesn't exactly inspire confidence of being the good guys.
Several presidents have obviously not had any problems with torture camps, so this isn't something that can solely be blamed on Obama.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The "gun control" bill failed miserably. It wasn't even a gun control bill to begin with, it was for better background checks, longer wait times, etc. Things most people support.

It still failed. We live in this thing called a democracy... maybe you forgot that when comparing the US to Nazi Germany.

Reactions: phaiz

OleGreg

Contributor
Of course, who wouldn't? If someone says your mom is a good gal, I'd assume you'd be okay with him saying that, whereas if the guy says your mom is a fucking whore then I bet you wouldn't be very okay with that.

If you're talking about comparing Obama to Hitler just like that, then duh people are going to be all over you. If you compare Obama's charisma to Hitler's and people freak out they don't know their history. Hitler's style of charisma is something still teached out to this day because it was just that effective.

Different agendas, Obama want to have gun control in order to lower the amount of damage that can be done to inevitable school shootings and just prevent too much damage in general, whereas Hitler wanted to restrict gun control in order to make sure the population wouldn't be able to effectively rise up against Hitler and make sure that the ones who agreed with him got better arms.

Several presidents have obviously not had any problems with torture camps, so this isn't something that can solely be blamed on Obama.

I think someone's mad. Your first reply didn't make much sense to what you replied to...other then to call my mom a whore.

You second reply would imply that you should only compare things when it's in a positive sense.

And your different agendas thing shows you have a cool-aide mustache and you don't know much about history. Or at least about WW2. The Weapons Act of 1938 prevented Jews from owning weapons...not the mass population. Just the Jews, and then Hitler set about alienating the jewish population before the extermination. He didn't ban guns to stop the resistance of the whole population...the non-jewish ones had guns. Your cool-aide mustache comes from the fact that Obama wanted to ban guns before our recent school shootings or theater shooting. "just prevent too much damage in general" lol kids.

And your last post is the true gem here...

"Several presidents have obviously not had any problems with torture camps, so this isn't something that can solely be blamed on Obama"

Several Presidents being whom? Bush started it, and then there was just Obama. Unless you talking about other camps in American history like "Japanese Internment Camps of WW2" or one of the various Indian massacres....either way skip it.

Under that idea as long as past Presidents didn't have a problem with it, that makes it okay. So I guess that wasn't the change Obama was talking about. And does that no guilt for horrible acts extend to past Presidents or past leaders?

While sole blame shouldn't fall on Obama for torture camps (btw torture camps are against the law-both US Constitutionally and the Geneva Convention) Obama has the power. It's called Executive Order and Presidents make them all the time.

*Incidentally some moron on page 1 of the comments said something about in democracy how could one man have so much power....it's called executive order's.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I think someone's mad. Your first reply didn't make much sense to what you replied to...other then to call my mom a whore.
:facepalm:

Either your bias clouds your mind or you have reading comprehensions, simple as that.

And your different agendas thing shows you have a cool-aide mustache and you don't know much about history. Or at least about WW2. The Weapons Act of 1938 prevented Jews from owning weapons...not the mass population. Just the Jews, and then Hitler set about alienating the jewish population before the extermination. He didn't ban guns to stop the resistance of the whole population...the non-jewish ones had guns. Your cool-aide mustache comes from the fact that Obama wanted to ban guns before our recent school shootings or theater shooting. "just prevent too much damage in general" lol kids.
And Jews weren't a part of the population? Point still remains the same; He did it to prevent a Jew uprising and made sure that the nazis had full control. So what? What people would Obama exterminate? No people in the US are actively trying to rebel against him, there's no uprising to neutralize.

"Several presidents have obviously not had any problems with torture camps, so this isn't something that can solely be blamed on Obama"

Several Presidents being whom? Bush started it, and then there was just Obama. Unless you talking about other camps in American history like "Japanese Internment Camps of WW2" or one of the various Indian massacres....either way skip it.

Under that idea as long as past Presidents didn't have a problem with it, that makes it okay. So I guess that wasn't the change Obama was talking about. And does that no guilt for horrible acts extend to past Presidents or past leaders?
I think everyone can see what a strawman you just pulled. You are the one putting the blame on Obama, so you're the one who's implying it was okay for the other leaders. That's what I'm questioning if you truly do. Refer to my earlier point about your bias/reading comprehensions.

While sole blame shouldn't fall on Obama for torture camps (btw torture camps are against the law-both US Constitutionally and the Geneva Convention) Obama has the power. It's called Executive Order and Presidents make them all the time.
And you know what? I disagree with Obama, I think he should do something about it. Doesn't mean he's somehow comparable with Hitler, in that case you could blame all presidents who supported internment camps or massacres, after all, they actually killed people based on discrimination, unlike Obama.

OleGreg

Contributor
The "gun control" bill failed miserably. It wasn't even a gun control bill to begin with, it was for better background checks, longer wait times, etc. Things most people support.

It still failed. We live in this thing called a democracy... maybe you forgot that when comparing the US to Nazi Germany.

Lol, I realize we still live in a democracy. Yes, the control control bill failed. But yeah MIttens it was a gun control bill...hence the name you used..."gun control bill."

-Background checks:Anyone know any veterans?? How many of those friends of yours have PTSD from the horrors they saw when fighting for our country. PTSD is a form of mental illness and could be a great excuse to not allow them to own guns. So they fight, many die and when they come back our nation tell them they are too crazy to own a gun. ;-)

-Revitalized Assault Weapon Ban: Seems to me that banning assault weapons means taking away certain guns. Newton shooting btw-no assault rifles used

-Limit 10 round magazines: Again MItten doesn't this look like a real form of gun control? Put a heavy in a corner with a minigun with less then 10 ammo in it...is he feeling very safe?

;-)

OleGreg

Contributor
:facepalm:

Either your bias clouds your mind or you have reading comprehensions, simple as that.

Wow, so your upgrading from making fun of my mom to my reading comprehension. You must really be mad...and you drop the word biased. I'm guessing your love of Obama might be race based? ;-) Time to have a bit of fun.

And Jews weren't a part of the population? Point still remains the same; He did it to prevent a Jew uprising and made sure that the nazis had full control. So what? What people would Obama exterminate? No people in the US are actively trying to rebel against him, there's no uprising to neutralize.

What people would Obama exterminate....well Obama is racist but I'm not sure if that racism is deep enough to start an extermination of a particular race. I could see something more along the lines of what happened during the civil war crop up. That is to say part of our nation decides that they want to leave the Union. I could see maybe Texas, Arizona maybe Nevada doing something like that. People are losing faith in the dollar, we lost our triple star rating (thanks Obama), heck we even have several states in America starting to make legal tender independent of the US Dollar. I'm not saying it goings to happen, but it's a possibility. Did you know Australia recently dropped the US dollar when dealing with China? (I know this is above your head Tomat) What do you think will happen if the world loses more faith in the dollar. So if the US economy completely collapsed and nations left the Union...I could see Obama going to war to keep this nation solidarity.

I think everyone can see what a strawman you just pulled. You are the one putting the blame on Obama, so you're the one who's implying it was okay for the other leaders. That's what I'm questioning if you truly do. Refer to my earlier point about your bias/reading comprehensions.

And you know what? I disagree with Obama, I think he should do something about it. Doesn't mean he's somehow comparable with Hitler, in that case you could blame all presidents who supported internment camps or massacres, after all, they actually killed people based on discrimination, unlike Obama.

I do blame all past Presidents who allowed Interment Camps or ones that past bills that lead to various Massacres. And it is just as much his fault as it is Bush's for allowing Gitmo to remain what it is. As Commander over all Armed Forces he doesn't have the ability to close a camp (executive order)...or at least improve conditions where the people living their aren't trying to kill themselves with Hunger strikes because you've removed all other ways for them to escape (Gitmo guard's can easily stop prisoners from attempting to hang themselves, but it's much harder to get prisoner's to eat).

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I do blame all past Presidents who allowed Interment Camps or ones that past bills that lead to various Massacres. And it is just as much his fault as it is Bush's for allowing Gitmo to remain what it is. As Commander over all Armed Forces he doesn't have the ability to close a camp (executive order)...or at least improve conditions where the people living their aren't trying to kill themselves with Hunger strikes because you've removed all other ways for them to escape (Gitmo guard's can easily stop prisoners from attempting to hang themselves, but it's much harder to get prisoner's to eat).
That's what I've thought all this time, make sure you don't agree with someone next time before you pull a strawman.

OleGreg

Contributor
I don't quite get what that means, I looked it up but didn't understand.
Jim Jones. I was making a reference meaning you might be the only person who is using their brain.

In 1978 Jim Jones, who was the founder/leader of People's temple, Jonestown. 909 members, 303 of whom where children practiced mass suicides by drinking a cool-aide mix of cyanide. They were lied to and they listened never thinking to question anything.It was the largest loss of human life by non-disaster events til 9/11

OleGreg

Contributor
That's what I've thought all this time, make sure you don't agree with someone next time before you pull a strawman.
You know using Hitler the way I did wasn't using him as a strawman right?

The strawman response all came from those supporting Obama. Checkout my first post. I like 4-5 similarities between Obama and Hitler. Not one of those similarities talked about genocide.

In my second comment I can be quoted to saying this..." I never claimed that Obama likes rounding people up"

My third comment quoted this," My comparison never touched genocide for the reason that Obama (as far as we know) hasn't done it"

My fourth posts "Just because your beloved Obama didn't kill a bunch of Jew's doesn't mean he doesn't share political actions that are similiar to Hitler."

Again never claiming anything about the genocide. Always talking about other political actions from Obama and Hitler. By them bringing up the genocide they are misrepresenting my original posts and attempting to draw attention to an irrelevant issue. Obama never committed a genocide, and they by misrepresenting my posts they are creating a strawman...a distraction. "Let's talk about genocide, and ignore any similarities between to politicians." Just saying. ;-)

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
You know using Hitler the way I did wasn't using him as a strawman right?

The strawman response all came from those supporting Obama. Checkout my first post. I like 4-5 similarities between Obama and Hitler. Not one of those similarities talked about genocide.

In my second comment I can be quoted to saying this..." I never claimed that Obama likes rounding people up"

My third comment quoted this," My comparison never touched genocide for the reason that Obama (as far as we know) hasn't done it"

My fourth posts "Just because your beloved Obama didn't kill a bunch of Jew's doesn't mean he doesn't share political actions that are similiar to Hitler."

Again never claiming anything about the genocide. Always talking about other political actions from Obama and Hitler. By them bringing up the genocide they are misrepresenting my original posts and attempting to draw attention to an irrelevant issue. Obama never committed a genocide, and they by misrepresenting my posts they are creating a strawman...a distraction. "Let's talk about genocide, and ignore any similarities between to politicians." Just saying. ;-)
Good going wasting your time typing something out that wasn't even relevant to what I called a strawman. Go back and read right.