Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well if people choose to dress up and masquerade wearing pony costumes, I don't see how this is any different.
Just a quick interpeek tells me these are being likened to the german youth army of hitlers time.. don't think it could happen again - could it??

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King
Well if people choose to dress up and masquerade wearing pony costumes, I don't see how this is any different.
Just a quick interpeek tells me these are being likened to the german youth army of hitlers time.. don't think it could happen again - could it??
It seems scripted to me

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The thread reminded me of "Hitler's Youth," but I guess it makes no difference since Obama and Hitler are about the same.

Lizard

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Besides, it's probably more accurate to liken Obama to Stalin than Hitler. Far cry from either though

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Oh my dear fucking sweet baby jesus christ in a fucking handbasket...

Obama's just a bad president not the next incarnation of Hitler or Stalin. People need to stop believing the media's fantasies where the next huge war breaks out and they get to jizz in their pants cause of good scoop.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Besides, it's probably more accurate to liken Obama to Stalin than Hitler. Far cry from either though
Again you're forming a connection between Obama and genocide. Technically you can say Stalin committed it because the Soviets were notorious for shooting their own soldiers if they retreated.

OleGreg

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Again you're forming a connection between Obama and genocide. Technically you can say Stalin committed it because the Soviets were notorious for shooting their own soldiers if they retreated.

Hee Hee Hee ;-)

1.Nazi Germany was a totalitarian police state. Where everything was monitored. For current connections checkout drone in US, Boston Bombings Police door-to-door searches. And various democratic remarks stating "rather have a large police force then citizen owning an AR-15"

2. Both Hitler and Obama marked a drastic increase of spending.

3. Hitler started a socialized healthcare of sorts...so did Obama

4. Both want to ban guns....(German Weapons Act of 1938)

5. And you could draw a similarity between Gitmo torture camp and someplace...

The similarities are there.

Edit: Here's come to the "dumb" marks because it's easier to click dumb then it is to refute any of my statements ;-)

Edit: 4 People think history is dumb ;-)

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Edit: Here's come to the "dumb" marks because it's easier to click dumb then it is to refute any of my statements ;-)

It's far too dumb to refute. You may as well be holding this sign...
Medicare-keep-your-hands-off-my-medicare.jpg

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Hee Hee Hee ;-)

1.Nazi Germany was a totalitarian police state. Where everything was monitored. For current connections checkout drone in US, Boston Bombings Police door-to-door searches. And various democratic remarks stating "rather have a large police force then citizen owning an AR-15"

2. Both Hitler and Obama marked a drastic increase of spending.

3. Hitler started a socialized healthcare of sorts...so did Obama

4. Both want to ban guns....(German Weapons Act of 1938)

5. And you could draw a similarity between Gitmo torture camp and someplace...

The similarities are there.

Edit: 4 People think history is dumb ;-)

You can trace history for a thousand years and find similarities between our modern leaders and those of the past. I am sure that at some point a thousand years ago, a king tried to ban swords or maybe boiling pots of oil/tar, I don't know. What matters isn't their similarities, it's their actions. Hitler made a conscious decision to exterminate Jews and other groups in meetings with fellow believers and finally came up with the final solution. Therefore, if you want to say Obama is like Hitler because he decides to exterminate terrorists, you go right ahead however everyone else knows you're an idiot for doing so.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
On another note, you could compare Hitler to one modern day leader. Assad - but only in motive, not theory.

OleGreg

Contributor
You can trace history for a thousand years and find similarities between our modern leaders and those of the past. I am sure that at some point a thousand years ago, a king tried to ban swords or maybe boiling pots of oil/tar, I don't know. What matters isn't their similarities, it's their actions. Hitler made a conscious decision to exterminate Jews and other groups in meetings with fellow believers and finally came up with the final solution. Therefore, if you want to say Obama is like Hitler because he decides to exterminate terrorists, you go right ahead however everyone else knows you're an idiot for doing so.

That's why I never claimed that Obama likes rounding people up...well besides Gitmo, at least they haven't started baking people yet.

And yes you can trace history back and find similarities between leaders...what I find interesting is leaders who are against populace owning weapons typically don't want their populations to have guns for a reason...impending genocide usually. While I'm not claiming Obama is going to start rounding up white people or Muslim, history doesn't lie.

Flaw in your logic: If you recognize that various leaders throughout history can have similarities and notice how I never claimed Obama is killing jews (besides Gitmo). Then really all my similarities are completely valid. And while Obama didn't create Gitmo, have it open is really easy to compare said leader to Hitler. A place where we throw people to torture them, and most of which happen to be of the same race ;-)

So why would I be the idiot if my arguments are sound...I think "they be mad bra"

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
That's why I never claimed that Obama likes rounding people up...well besides Gitmo, at least they haven't started baking people yet.

And yes you can trace history back and find similarities between leaders...what I find interesting is leaders who are against populace owning weapons typically don't want their populations to have guns for a reason...impending genocide usually. While I'm not claiming Obama is going to start rounding up white people or Muslim, history doesn't lie.

Flaw in your logic: If you recognize that various leaders throughout history can have similarities and notice how I never claimed Obama is killing jews (besides Gitmo). Then really all my similarities are completely valid. And while Obama didn't create Gitmo, have it open is really easy to compare said leader to Hitler. A place where we throw people to torture them, and most of which happen to be of the same race ;-)

So why would I be the idiot if my arguments are sound...I think "they be mad bra"

You must be insanely naive. You can NOT compare a human being to another and not expect their flaws to be compared as well. If you want to compare Obama to someone in history in a way that looks bad because you don't like him - don't pick hitler. You want to say Hitler because of obvious reasons but you don't want to say he is committing genocide. Take the bad with the good or pick another comparison.

OleGreg

Contributor
Actually I'm beginning to wonder how pointless this whole conversation really is.

Your hung up on the idea of genocide

"Let's avoid calling anyone Hitler until they decide to commit genocide."-Phaiz

But new's flash. Hitler did more then just then genocide. My comparison never touched genocide for the reason that Obama (as far as we know) hasn't done it. If I want to take the good in with the bad comparison-wise, should I of failed the comparison because Obama is black and Hitler was white?