LANG="nl_NL.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="nl_NL.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="nl_NL.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="nl_NL.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="nl_NL.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="nl_NL.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="nl_NL.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
I'm going to try and get SL running to see what's up then. It should be OK with that file. Only other thing I can think of is rewriting the python in C

Zombie(NL)

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
It's 3:20 here in the Netherlands, so i go to bed. I hope you get it working. it seems like a nice challenge.

Zombie(NL)

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
So I loaded up a copy of Snow Leopard in VirtualBox and I wasn't able to replicate: http://i.imgur.com/5qLXF.png

Working just fine for me so it must be some profile setting or something to do with language. Is it set to Dutch?
Yes, the language is set to Dutch.
So if i would change it to English, the file would work?
Don't know if i can change the language without re-installing OS X

Zombie(NL)

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Again Google is my friend.
So i tested some more with the last version you posted:

I changed my system language from Dutch to English but that didn't help at all.
I changed Formats to "United States (Computer)" and now i got a permission denied message.
So i used the chmod line, and finaly i got the thing working!

Code:
Last login: Sun Nov 18 13:27:32 on ttys000
MacBookPro-***:~ ***$ /Users/***/Downloads/skialservers
-bash: /Users/***/Downloads/skialservers: Permission denied
MacBookPro-***:~ ***$ chmod +x /Users/***/Downloads/skialservers
Please enter the location of your steam folder:

Edit:
Ok, i finaly know what i did wrong.

The first time i tried the recompiled 32-bit version, i must have used the python command, and then you get this error:
Code:
python /Users/***/Downloads/skialservers
  File "/Users/***/Downloads/skialservers", line 1
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xce' in file /Users/***/Downloads/skialservers on line 1, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
So, once i realised my mistake, i switched system language and format both back to Dutch, downloaded the file again and after i used the chmod command it worked:
Code:
Last login: Sun Nov 18 14:29:07 on ttys001

Edit 2:
Just to be sure i didn't make any mistakes with the original file (the python-script in the OP), i tried it again:
Code:
Last login: Sun Nov 18 14:38:42 on ttys000
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/***/Downloads/skialservers", line 24, in <module>
    c = imp.load_compiled('__main__', tp.name)
ImportError: Bad magic number in /var/folders/AA/AAoQYt4bFTCknwNF51Og6k+++TI/-Tmp-/tmpTrvDU7
MacBookPro-***:~ ***$ python /Users/***/Downloads/skialservers
ImportError: Bad magic number in /var/folders/AA/AAoQYt4bFTCknwNF51Og6k+++TI/-Tmp-/tmpZtTCZj

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Again Google is my friend.
So i tested some more with the last version you posted:

I changed my system language from Dutch to English but that didn't help at all.
I changed Formats to "United States (Computer)" and now i got a permission denied message.
So i used the chmod line, and finaly i got the thing working!

Code:
Last login: Sun Nov 18 13:27:32 on ttys000

Edit:
Ok, i finaly know what i did wrong.

The first time i tried the recompiled 32-bit version, i must have used the python command, and then you get this error:
Code:
python /Users/***/Downloads/skialservers
  File "/Users/***/Downloads/skialservers", line 1
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xce' in file /Users/***/Downloads/skialservers on line 1, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
So, once i realised my mistake, i switched system language and format both back to Dutch, downloaded the file again and after i used the chmod command it worked:
Code:
Last login: Sun Nov 18 14:29:07 on ttys001

Edit 2:
Just to be sure i didn't make any mistakes with the original file (the python-script in the OP), i tried it again:
Code:
Last login: Sun Nov 18 14:38:42 on ttys000
ImportError: Bad magic number in /var/folders/AA/AAoQYt4bFTCknwNF51Og6k+++TI/-Tmp-/tmpTrvDU7
MacBookPro-***:~ ***$ python /Users/***/Downloads/skialservers
ImportError: Bad magic number in /var/folders/AA/AAoQYt4bFTCknwNF51Og6k+++TI/-Tmp-/tmpZtTCZj
The error in the original python script is because I think it was compiled with a python version later than SL has so it doesn't have the necessary byte-code stuff to run it properly (at least that's my guess.)

Zombie(NL)

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
The error in the original python script is because I think it was compiled with a python version later than SL has so it doesn't have the necessary byte-code stuff to run it properly (at least that's my guess.)

The compiled version works, but you still need Terminal to run it. Is it possible to convert it to a stand-alone version wit the .app extension? Just to make it a bit more user-friendly. It would be nice if you can just download the .app and double click it in finder.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The compiled version works, but you still need Terminal to run it. Is it possible to convert it to a stand-alone version wit the .app extension? Just to make it a bit more user-friendly. It would be nice if you can just download the .app and double click it in finder.
Try this and see if you get the bad magic number error: http://davidweitz.com/Skialservers.zip

This is an app package I made. Since the python script wasn't developed for a GUI, I just removed any inputs that you have to make. I don't think you have the ability to move the Application Support Library anywhere else on Steam for Mac, so there shouldn't be any issues.

Zombie(NL)

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Try this and see if you get the bad magic number error: http://davidweitz.com/Skialservers.zip

This is an app package I made. Since the python script wasn't developed for a GUI, I just removed any inputs that you have to make. I don't think you have the ability to move the Application Support Library anywhere else on Steam for Mac, so there shouldn't be any issues.
not a magic number error, but:
Code:
  File "/Users/***/Downloads/Skialservers.app/Contents/Resources/script", line 1
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xf3' in file /Users/***/Downloads/Skialservers.app/Contents/Resources/script on line 1, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
not a magic number error, but:
Code:
  File "/Users/***/Downloads/Skialservers.app/Contents/Resources/script", line 1
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xf3' in file /Users/***/Downloads/Skialservers.app/Contents/Resources/script on line 1, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
So I think I managed to track this down to a version issue. Try this: http://davidweitz.com/Skialservers2.zip

Hopefully this cracks the nut.

EDIT: This might not work actually. Goddamit. I think we're using a function that's in 2.7 and not 2.6

Zombie(NL)

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
So I think I managed to track this down to a version issue. Try this: http://davidweitz.com/Skialservers2.zip

Hopefully this cracks the nut.

EDIT: This might not work actually. Goddamit. I think we're using a function that's in 2.7 and not 2.6
You were right in your edit, it didn't work:
Code:
/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/111393130/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/111543052/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/13131642/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
Downloading server list from Skial
Opening /Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/111393130/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
  File "/var/folders/AA/AAoQYt4bFTCknwNF51Og6k+++TI/-Tmp-/.plx_tmp.f4732y", line 235, in <module>
    OOOOO0OO()
  File "/var/folders/AA/AAoQYt4bFTCknwNF51Og6k+++TI/-Tmp-/.plx_tmp.f4732y", line 175, in OOOOO0OO
    III1I11 = OOO0(I1O0)
  File "/var/folders/AA/AAoQYt4bFTCknwNF51Og6k+++TI/-Tmp-/.plx_tmp.f4732y", line 59, in OOO0
    O00 = collections.OrderedDict()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'OrderedDict'
As you can see, i have 1 main account and 2 alts. the script tried to update all 3 accounts.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You were right in your edit, it didn't work:
Code:
/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/111393130/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/111543052/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
/Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/13131642/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
Opening /Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/111393130/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
  File "/var/folders/AA/AAoQYt4bFTCknwNF51Og6k+++TI/-Tmp-/.plx_tmp.f4732y", line 235, in <module>
    OOOOO0OO()
  File "/var/folders/AA/AAoQYt4bFTCknwNF51Og6k+++TI/-Tmp-/.plx_tmp.f4732y", line 175, in OOOOO0OO
    III1I11 = OOO0(I1O0)
  File "/var/folders/AA/AAoQYt4bFTCknwNF51Og6k+++TI/-Tmp-/.plx_tmp.f4732y", line 59, in OOO0
    O00 = collections.OrderedDict()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'OrderedDict'
As you can see, i have 1 main account and 2 alts. the script tried to update all 3 accounts.

That's actually what the script should do. Check this: http://davidweitz.com/Skialservers21.zip

I re-implemented the function for 2.6 so hopefully that should work. OrderedDict was a function introduced into 2.7 so I just copied it back from the source so it should run in 2.6.

Zombie(NL)

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
That's actually what the script should do. Check this: http://davidweitz.com/Skialservers21.zip

I re-implemented the function for 2.6 so hopefully that should work. OrderedDict was a function introduced into 2.7 so I just copied it back from the source so it should run in 2.6.
Yes! Now it works!
Code:
Finished adding servers.
Opening /Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/111543052/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
Finished adding servers.
Opening /Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/13131642/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
Finished adding servers.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes! Now it works!
Code:
Finished adding servers.
Opening /Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/111543052/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
Finished adding servers.
Opening /Users/***/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/13131642/7/remote/serverbrowser_hist.vdf
Finished adding servers.
Woo! Finally figured that out.