Bottiger

Administrator
220px-New_york_times_square-terabass.jpg

Saturday 4 AM EST

All lag issues have been fixed. These are the new IPs. The servers have moved.

108.61.46.50 - Dustbowl
108.61.46.51 - 2Fort
108.61.46.52 - Mountainlab
108.61.46.53 - Badwater
108.61.46.54 - Dustbowl
108.61.46.55 - Goldrush
108.61.46.56 - Koth
108.61.46.57 - Koth
108.61.46.58 - Comp
108.61.46.59 - 2Fort
108.61.46.60 - Fortwars
108.61.46.61 - Surf
108.61.46.62 - Custom Maps

We have a new program that will automatically download all Skial servers to your favorites.

http://www.skial.com/public/skialservers.exe - Windows
http://www.skial.com/public/Skialservers21.zip - Mac

You may need to close Steam before running the program so Steam won't overwrite your favorites from cloud storage.
---------------------------

Today the NY servers froze because of faulty hardware. I asked the host to change the hardware and they said they would. However they would only do it if we moved to their new datacenter with new IPs.

We would be glad to set you up on completely new hardware, but it will need to be on our new network located in our new facility. This will require an IP change and can be scheduled at your convenience.

Please note that we will be moving all of our customers to the new network within about 6 months, so this change will be mandatory eventually. We no longer provision servers in the old facility/old network as it doesn't meet our standards for capacity and reliability when under heavy stress.

As you probably already know, changing IPs leads to a loss of players. But since they are going to force us to move in 6 months anyway it is better to do it as soon as possible.

Reactions: Ludos260

JonJon

Legendary Skial King
FUCK NOOO!!!
I WANT LIVE IN NY AND DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IP!!!

brb gonna bang my head on the wall...

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
i suggest having an announcement in the chat for the NY servers bout this

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Bott, are you saying there is no chance to have all traffic redirected from old IPs to new IPs for a month upon migration?

Bottiger

Administrator
Bott, are you saying there is no chance to have all traffic redirected from old IPs to new IPs for a month upon migration?

I actually have a program to redirect TF2 traffic, but I can't use it because:
  • Valve doesn't like it.
  • We're going to lose the old IPs so if we redirected them, people wouldn't bother adding the new IPs.

Bottiger

Administrator
When you add a domain name in the server browser, it looks up the IP at that time and saves the IP.

If it worked properly and used the domain name every time, we wouldn't have to tell everyone to add new IPs.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When you add a domain name in the server browser, it looks up the IP at that time and saves the IP.

If it worked properly and used the domain name every time, we wouldn't have to tell everyone to add new IPs.
That seems incredibly dumb. Do they not trust the DNS system or something?