Ed_

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
My beloved friend from Belgium who likes to enjoy a surf session while seeding the skial dot com servers got extremely frustrated along with other members of his team when he wanted to surf but couldn't because of a mean ol spawncamper engi on the other team. Please can we have a plugin or a rule for this not to happen thanks.
This is for a more enjoyable experience on the skial dot com surf server

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Cream Tea knew that people were trying to seed the server, and as the server was starting to fill, decided to spawn camp the opposite team, which caused the server to immediately empty. This should be against the rules, at least for when seeding is being performed.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1

Either ban spawn camping on surf, or make the teams have no forced balance (like trade) so that players can switch to the other team regardless of player count.

Ed_

Contributor
+1

Either ban spawn camping on surf, or make the teams have no forced balance (like trade) so that players can switch to the other team regardless of player count.
or like a 10 seconds spawn camp timer plugin :)

Reactions: san7890

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
It wasn't even an issue before. Usually people have common sense. They join a surf server to surf, not spawn camp.

+1

TheMiningAlex

cant you just go demo or does the sentry see you as you spawn
because of instant spawn you can spawn before you see it on screen by a little bit and based on which way the sentry is faced it may also just hit you instantly

Ed_

Contributor
I made it so there is no team balance restriction like Trade.
what if both teams are being spawncamped or a map has the difficulties set to blue is hard red is easy route and one of them is being spawn camped.... is it possible to add a plugin for spawn protection just to make it easier and less frustrating, thanks.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I made it so there is no team balance restriction like Trade.

I think that might not be a good idea for surf IMO

It could ironically make the camping problem worse by turning jails on the maps into camp fests and allowing players to camp other areas of the surf much more effectively because they have the sheer numbers from no auto balance.

IMO a temporary spawn protection is more than enough to bust any spawn camping and won't cause the above problems

By the way how long is the spawn protection?

If its too long some players might abuse it by dropping straight down to the jail while immune to daamge allowing them to kill people there while invincible

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think that might not be a good idea for surf IMO

It could ironically make the camping problem worse by turning jails on the maps into camp fests and allowing players to camp other areas of the surf much more effectively because they have the sheer numbers from no auto balance.

IMO a temporary spawn protection is more than enough to bust any spawn camping and won't cause the above problems

By the way how long is the spawn protection?

If its too long some players might abuse it by dropping straight down to the jail while immune to daamge allowing them to kill people there while invincible
its five seconds i think