(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Roman: Anyone who trolls this thread will be warned and posts will be deleted and ignored.

This post will get updated as the discussion goes on

Problems on trade servers:
  • An increasing number of micspammers.
  • A lack of admin presence
  • Griefing / trolling (especially during spycrabs)
  • Scamming
  • On US20 people trade weapons and other low items.
I propose four. new rules to our trade server:
  • Using the Voice Chat for insults or other kind of spam should not be allowed and result in a temp. ban. On other trade servers (Rawr, TF2-Trader bans for micspam and insulting go from 3 days to 1 week for the first time doing it). The voice chat should only be used for trading, spycrabbing or other relevant topics. Chatting should only be allowed if nobody uses the voice chat otherwise and if it doesn't bother other users.
  • If two people spycrab then others are not allowed to interfere the spycrabbing. It's most annoying if a third player decides to troll the spycrabbing. Example for people interefering the spycrabbing are people killing the two spys or people pushing them around.
  • If a steamrep scammer tries to remove his [SCAMMER] tag by doing a name change he should get banned.
  • Free To Play Accounts are not allowed to join.
Other suggestions:
  • On the unusual hat trade server, US20, killing should not be allowed. People should trade there and do spycrabs. If they want to play they should join other servers. This can either be enforced by giving god-mod to all players or by making all players join the same team. If some one tries to one the other team he gets automatically changed to team Blue. If someone wants to be able to die then he can use the /buddah command. Buddah still doesn't solve some griefing problems where
  • !rep command. It can be found on many trade servers. The purpose of it is to check someones rep at www.steamrep.com Example: !rep piero --> my steamrep opens.
  • A higher admin presence on trade servers is required as well. Anya, Airakah and Roman muted/banned severall players in the last days who scammed or spammed the chat. Admins should not refuse to join trade servers if there is a problem even if they don't trade themselves. When Cinic was admin, he used to join the second after I called him. Every admin should act like this.
  • People who don't trade unusuals or other high-end (promo-)items such as Buds, Bills, Maxs, Houwars and others, should be warned and hinted to our other trade servers. Someone selling weapons or doing scrapbanking should not join an Unusual Hat Trade Server. If they don't leave other measurements should be taken (kick, temporary ban if the person rejoins).
  • No begging
  • Adding !jetpack
Summary(this will get updated as the discussion goes on)
In my eyes:
  • Most agree that we need to protect spycrabbing games.
  • Nobody has disagreed with that SteamRep scammers renaming themselves should get an instant ban
  • Putting all people in 1 team would be better than buddah. Buddah is better than nothing though. The majority agrees on that the solution could look like this: http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6239/screenshot20120115at152.png
  • The !rep command was already present. Nobody happend to know that. It is !sr
  • Nobody disagreed with that we need a higher admin presence
  • There are mixed opinions about whether the voice chat should be used for trades only or not. The majority agrees that the chat can be used for other conversations if nobody is using the voice chat for trading. Once people use it for trading other conversations need to end. Weird noises and insults should not be tollerated
  • A slight majority agreed on that on US20 only Unusuals, High-End items and promos should be traded. People who don't trade unusuals should get waned and kicked. http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1152/screenshot20120115at205.png
  • A Plugin is needed that kicks F2P when they try to join.
  • Nobody disagrees with that begging is annoying and that beggars should get kicked.
  • Everyone voted yes to add !jetpack
  • Also, a text box suggestion for unusual traders trading on normal trade servers would be great :) It'd direct them to the unusual trading server.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
... why does this gigantic thread exist? Isn't there a sticky that tells us to have one suggestion per thread?

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
... why does this gigantic thread exist? Isn't there a sticky that tells us to have one suggestion per thread?
Because I talked with Roman before making this thread and we decided to make one gigantic thread. I guess it's ok if Roman said so.

Reactions: Roman

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Once we finish with other projects (re: SOON), trade rule reform is high on our agenda.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Another argument why US20 should only be for Unusuals. People who trade them will stop trading them there if shit like this happens

pWeoA.png

This guy was being serious.. We need to do something about these idiots..
On no other Unusual Hat Server you get constantly offered bad items for unusuals.

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Not too much has been done, F2P's get a tag like scammers, but they are still there, and people can still !mortal and airblast (bump in disguise)

Reactions: (cYs) Del Piero

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
I think we could fix that by forcing all players to the same team, which definitely has been discussed and is on the table.
Do you know when we and if can expect of the proposed things (including jetpack)?
Bottiger told me on Steam Chat that he will change the F2P detector to kick F2P but I don't think he did that yet and if he was serious about since he also had some concerns regarding that detector.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
PM me the final list we've come up with and I'll throw it together nicely and ship it on up to the boss tonight.

Dr Octagonapus

Unremarkable User
i have found so many griefers and trollers in recent skial servers i would like to ask if u could add more admins on trade servers to keep watch off them

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
New additions are in color

• Summary(this will get updated as the discussion goes on)
In my eyes:
  • Most agree that we need to protect spycrabbing games.
  • Nobody has disagreed with that SteamRep scammers renaming themselves should get an instant ban
  • Putting all people in 1 team would be better than buddah. Buddah is better than nothing though. The majority agrees on that the solution could look like this:http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6239/screenshot20120115at152.png
  • The !rep command was already present. Nobody happend to know that. It is !sr
  • Nobody disagreed with that we need a higher admin presence
  • There are mixed opinions about whether the voice chat should be used for trades only or not. The majority agrees that the chat can be used for other conversations if nobody is using the voice chat for trading. Once people use it for trading other conversations need to end. Weird noises and insults should not be tollerated
  • A slight majority agreed on that on US20 only Unusuals, High-End items and promos should be traded. People who don't trade unusuals should get waned and kicked.http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1152/screenshot20120115at205.png
  • A Plugin is needed that kicks F2P when they try to join.
  • Nobody disagrees with that begging is annoying and that beggars should get kicked.
  • The majority voted yes to add !jetpack
  • Also, a text box suggestion for unusual traders trading on normal trade servers would be great :) It'd direct them to the unusual trading server.