(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Roman: Anyone who trolls this thread will be warned and posts will be deleted and ignored.

This post will get updated as the discussion goes on

Problems on trade servers:
  • An increasing number of micspammers.
  • A lack of admin presence
  • Griefing / trolling (especially during spycrabs)
  • Scamming
  • On US20 people trade weapons and other low items.
I propose four. new rules to our trade server:
  • Using the Voice Chat for insults or other kind of spam should not be allowed and result in a temp. ban. On other trade servers (Rawr, TF2-Trader bans for micspam and insulting go from 3 days to 1 week for the first time doing it). The voice chat should only be used for trading, spycrabbing or other relevant topics. Chatting should only be allowed if nobody uses the voice chat otherwise and if it doesn't bother other users.
  • If two people spycrab then others are not allowed to interfere the spycrabbing. It's most annoying if a third player decides to troll the spycrabbing. Example for people interefering the spycrabbing are people killing the two spys or people pushing them around.
  • If a steamrep scammer tries to remove his [SCAMMER] tag by doing a name change he should get banned.
  • Free To Play Accounts are not allowed to join.
Other suggestions:
  • On the unusual hat trade server, US20, killing should not be allowed. People should trade there and do spycrabs. If they want to play they should join other servers. This can either be enforced by giving god-mod to all players or by making all players join the same team. If some one tries to one the other team he gets automatically changed to team Blue. If someone wants to be able to die then he can use the /buddah command. Buddah still doesn't solve some griefing problems where
  • !rep command. It can be found on many trade servers. The purpose of it is to check someones rep at www.steamrep.com Example: !rep piero --> my steamrep opens.
  • A higher admin presence on trade servers is required as well. Anya, Airakah and Roman muted/banned severall players in the last days who scammed or spammed the chat. Admins should not refuse to join trade servers if there is a problem even if they don't trade themselves. When Cinic was admin, he used to join the second after I called him. Every admin should act like this.
  • People who don't trade unusuals or other high-end (promo-)items such as Buds, Bills, Maxs, Houwars and others, should be warned and hinted to our other trade servers. Someone selling weapons or doing scrapbanking should not join an Unusual Hat Trade Server. If they don't leave other measurements should be taken (kick, temporary ban if the person rejoins).
  • No begging
  • Adding !jetpack
Summary(this will get updated as the discussion goes on)
In my eyes:
  • Most agree that we need to protect spycrabbing games.
  • Nobody has disagreed with that SteamRep scammers renaming themselves should get an instant ban
  • Putting all people in 1 team would be better than buddah. Buddah is better than nothing though. The majority agrees on that the solution could look like this: http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6239/screenshot20120115at152.png
  • The !rep command was already present. Nobody happend to know that. It is !sr
  • Nobody disagreed with that we need a higher admin presence
  • There are mixed opinions about whether the voice chat should be used for trades only or not. The majority agrees that the chat can be used for other conversations if nobody is using the voice chat for trading. Once people use it for trading other conversations need to end. Weird noises and insults should not be tollerated
  • A slight majority agreed on that on US20 only Unusuals, High-End items and promos should be traded. People who don't trade unusuals should get waned and kicked. http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1152/screenshot20120115at205.png
  • A Plugin is needed that kicks F2P when they try to join.
  • Nobody disagrees with that begging is annoying and that beggars should get kicked.
  • Everyone voted yes to add !jetpack
  • Also, a text box suggestion for unusual traders trading on normal trade servers would be great :) It'd direct them to the unusual trading server.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
all trolling asside. honest opinions.

(cYs) Del Piero said:
  • Using the Voice Chat for insults or other kind of spam should not be allowed and result in a temp. ban. On other trade servers (Rawr, TF2-Trader bans for micspam and insulting go from 3 days to 1 week for the first time doing it)

Just do a console mute on the guy. If it is a problem. do a vote mute/gag. if he continues the future, get an admin. We will take care of it.

(cYs) Del Piero said:
  • If two people spycrab then others are not allowed to interfere the spycrabbing. It's most annoying if a third player decides to troll the spycrabbing. Example for people interefering the spycrabbing are people killing the two spys or people pushing them around.

Honestly, its spycrabbing. on a trade server. who really cares what kind of killing goes on. People are there to trade. if people want to spycrab instead of trading. people should be allowed to kill.

(cYs) Del Piero said:
  • If a steamrep scammer tries to remove his [SCAMMER] tag by doing a name change he should get banned.
agreed.

(cYs) Del Piero said:
  • On the unusual hat trade server, US20, killing should not be allowed. People should trade there and do spycrabs. If they want to play they should join other servers. This can either be enforced by giving god-mod to all players or by making all players join the same team. If some one tries to one the other team he gets automatically changed to team Blue. If someone wants to be able to die then he can use the /buddah command.

Why? people go there to trade. and just to have fun while trading. killing should be allowed i think.

(cYs) Del Piero said:
  • !rep command. It can be found on many trade servers. The purpose of it is to check someones rep at www.steamrep.com Example: !rep piero --> my steamrep opens.

agreed
(cYs) Del Piero said:
  • A higher admin presence on trade servers is required as well. Anya, Airakah and Roman muted/banned severall players in the last days who scammed or spammed the chat. Admins should not refuse to join trade servers if there is a problem even if they don't trade themselves. When Cinic was admin, he used to join the second after I called him. Every admin should act like this.

as for this. i am afraid idk what ur talking about. I go to any server whenever im needed. whether its orange, to EU servers.

I know other admins do too. I do agree tho, that we need at least one consistent trade admin

Reactions: Doki

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Just do a console mute on the guy. If it is a problem. do a vote mute/gag. if he continues the future, get an admin. We will
Votemute requires 75% positive votes. Not that easy. Client mute is not the solution. The Voice Chat should be for trades only.

Honestly, its spycrabbing. on a trade server. who really cares what kind of killing goes on. People are there to trade. if people want to spycrab instead of trading. people should be allowed to kill.
You seem to miss my point. Do some spycrabs then you might unerstand what I mean.

Why? people go there to trade. and just to have fun while trading. killing should be allowed i think.
Some people go there to just play around. A trade server is not ment for killing. All Unusual Hat Trade Servers agree on this. Try it. Bottiger already integrated this after reading the post.

as for this. i am afraid idk what ur talking about. I go to any server whenever im needed. whether its orange, to EU servers.

I know other admins do too. I do agree tho, that we need at least one consistent trade admin
I never talked about you. If Roman or Bottiger think I need to call out the name of these admins then I will do. I have no problem with it.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
no. if u want to call people out pm it to roman or bottiger. lets not bring it here this is suggestions for the server ;)

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
How hard (or time-consuming) would it be to place a "peace room" on the map?
Once someone enters, they're stripped of all weapons and assume the "civilian" position.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Once someone enters, they're stripped of all weapons and assume the "civilian" position.
As long as the disguise kit is not stripped then I dont see a problem with that (disguise kit is necessary for spycrabbing) and we don't have a mapper as Zebra said.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
how do people get killed while spycrabbing? Do it in their spawn.
Mostly people spycrab in the middle where the boxing ring is. That's just how it is. But now that everyone joins with god mode that problem got solved. Nevertheless the pushing around is still very annoying.

D

DeadHerald

The trade server doubles as an idle server and triples as a deathmatching server. You really can't expect Skial to change the server rules to suit your needs and your needs alone. If you only come to trade in US2 then stay in the spawn room and conduct your business. Also the admins are not your personal police force. Harassing them every time someone or something chafes your butt is just going to get them to stop responding to you.

Also, regardless of what you may have heard, killing spycrabs is not against the rules. Spycrab at your own risk.

JosieWoman125

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I may not support this scumming trader, but what I think he means is Gambling Spycrab as he gave some examples already. Just making sure you kitties know.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Yeah, like Zebra said, this wouldn't be a huge issue if we had a decent mapper. Our last mapper is now flagged as a scammer. I'll touch on this in a second.
how do people get killed while spycrabbing? Do it in their spawn.
This isn't a terrible thing, but I personally witnessed at least 8 other spies standing between two people spy-crabbing, obstructing the view of each player. If they do it outside of spawn, then they run the risk of getting killed...
Mostly people spycrab in the middle where the boxing ring is. That's just how it is. But now that everyone joins with god mode that problem got solved. Nevertheless the pushing around is still very annoying.
If there was an option to give yourself buddha by using /buddha this wouldn't be terrible. Then people could still sticky/rocket jump to their heart's content.
The trade server doubles as an idle server and triples as a deathmatching server. You really can't expect Skial to change the server rules to suit your needs and your needs alone. If you only come to trade in US2 then stay in the spawn room and conduct your business. Also the admins are not your personal police force. Harassing them every time someone or something chafes your butt is just going to get them to stop responding to you.

Also, regardless of what you may have heard, killing spycrabs is not against the rules. Spycrab at your own risk.
While I'd ordinarily agree with you (lol it's an fps after all) you have to bear in mind there's a lot of assholes on the internet. The ability to make yourself unkillable would make it somewhat easier and would deter would-be griefers from ruining your low-balling concentration on conducting trades. This is literally what some people do for a living currently. Picture yourself at work while a handful of ugly kids come in and throw jars of urine at you for hours. It'd get irritating. I understand DP's sentiment. However, we need to be diplomatic about this. Spend some time on the trade servers and see.
I am not a kitty.
kitty.jpg

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
DeadHerald can you please stop ruining this thread? You post no constructice criticism whatsoever. All you intend to do is destroying this thread.

Twine

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Yeah, like Zebra said, this wouldn't be a huge issue if we had a decent mapper. Our last mapper is now flagged as a scammer. I'll touch on this in a second.
If you need some mapping done, I can do it. I used to do a lot of hammering, and it can't be that hard to figure out how to add a no-attack zone. I just need to know what you want - if you don't have a .vmf file for me to work off of the whole map would have to be done from scratch.

Also, I disagree with removing killing from any sort of trade server. It helps the boredom.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
In response to the mapper/scammer thing:

We had a master mapper at one point who made us an amazing trade map. However, he taught a scammer a lesson the hard way and scammed him to make a point. So he was flagged.

In order to set up a safe room we basically have to have someone experienced with adding rooms and elements to a map. That man is not me. :D

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Also, I disagree with removing killing from any sort of trade server. It helps the boredom.

Yes I agre with this but then you get people that just go there and only fight, as Piero and others said before. On normal trade servers it doesn't matter too much but on the unusual server it would matter more I believe.

Twine

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
In response to the mapper/scammer thing:

We had a master mapper at one point who made us an amazing trade map. However, he taught a scammer a lesson the hard way and scammed him to make a point. So he was flagged.

In order to set up a safe room we basically have to have someone experienced with adding rooms and elements to a map. That man is not me. :D

Like I said, if you have a .vmf I can work off of, I can add whatever you want. I can add point entities to a .bsp, but not rooms without decompiling the map (note: decompiling maps is bad, and causes all sorts of problems).