Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My knowledge of computers in a nutshell:
tumblr_ljsdmfvF7L1qe3twro1_500.gif

MTC

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Looks good to me, but personally, I would go for a modular or semi-modular power supply. It would make cable management a lot easier.

Also, your case does not have Front Panel USB 3.0 ports, but, if you don't care about having to plug in USB 3.0 to your motherboard directly, go ahead and order it. But if you do care, i recommend this case.

Oh wait, another thing, instead of getting a sandy bridge CPU, go for an Ivy Bridge one, it'll be around the same price(from some merchants) and have newer micro-architecture.

Here is a list of i3 and i5 Ivy Bridge processors, any almost any processor in this list will be better than the CPU you have chosen. Why? Newer technology. They will be better, not by much, but why not get the most bang for your buck?

Here is a list of bench marked CPUs, according to this list, the CPU you've chosen ranks 276th. Ranks change all the time, just search i3-2130 (The processor you chose) to see if its changed. This list isn't the end all, but I like it.

Wow, i spent like 15 minutes writing and copying stuff, eh, have fun with the build! I'm still saving money for my build! Also, pretty much everything I wrote here doesn't matter, your build is fine, its fine. the things i wrote about don't really matter. If you'd rather not confuse yourself, go ahead and order.

Sandy Bridge -> Ivy Bridge -> Haswell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT:

Also, if you really don't know shit about computer parts, then I'm a bit worried about you going to build a computer. Watch this if you haven't. The other parts are in the description. Google is your friend.

Message me if you have any questions, add me on steam if you want to!

P.S. Get this CPU.

Reactions: Pinker-tan

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
You're missing a CD/DVD Burner.

And depending on your budget and what you want to do/run with the computer, I could do some cross-checking. Crits has you well covered with any worries/problems you may encounter. Well done, mate.

PK4L1F3

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
i wouldnt really recommend a i3... your going to need a better cpu when you want to upgrade. Everything else seems fine to me :)

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you're on a budget and want more "bang for your buck" then you could go with a AMD processor.

AMD processors are cheaper but lack behind a bit in terms of raw power and performance compared to Intel, Intel processors are more expensive but generally outperform AMD processors.

Just something to keep in mind if you wanna save money.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you're on a budget and want more "bang for your buck" then you could go with a AMD processor.

AMD processors are cheaper but lack behind a bit in terms of raw power and performance compared to Intel, Intel processors are more expensive but generally outperform AMD processors.

Just something to keep in mind if you wanna save money.

Any recommendations on an amd processor?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Any recommendations on an amd processor?

I've heard APUs are popular for budget build gaming computers. They're basically processors with a integrated video card on steroids built into the processor but the integrated graphics are still pretty crappy.

Still I think the price for a APU is pretty decent in terms of what you get for processing power. From what I've heard you can always disable the video card portion of the APU and use a dedicated video card instead of the integrated graphics.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007671&IsNodeId=1&Description=APU&name=Processors - Desktops&Order=BESTMATCH

Basically from what I've been told the processor portion of the APU is pretty decent for what you pay for, the integrated graphics aren't very good but can be disabled in place of a dedicated video card. That's what one of my techy friends told me anyway.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, I'm not all that great with computers myself, this is just what I've been eyeing for a budget build.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
I've heard APUs are popular for budget build gaming computers. They're basically processors with a integrated video card on steroids built into the processor but the integrated graphics are still pretty crappy.

AMD's APUs are actually much better than Intel's, they just require more power to run.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So, I'm just going to wait until Christmas for processors and parts to drop. What Intel processor should I use with this build that is compatible (i5's or whatever else is good that's generally the same price as the i3 during christmas)

idaeanat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($67.24 @ Amazon)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($238.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Zalman ZM-Z9 U3 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $636.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-29 14:12 EDT-0400)

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So, I'm just going to wait until Christmas for processors and parts to drop. What Intel processor should I use with this build that is compatible (i5's or whatever else is good that's generally the same price as the i3 during christmas)

Bump still need an answer to this

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Actually, I have an EXTREMELY low priced AMD APU build on PC Partpicker. I haven't optimized it for price yet, but the AMD A-4 APU and it's integrated graphics are guaranteed to run TF2 at an acceptable FPS (30+) with settings really high. Another cool thing about it is that when it's time for an upgrade, you just go another level up. A4 to A6, A6 to A8 and so on. The APUs can run triple A games at low to medium. I gotta look for some cheap, 8GB ram sets, like Angad found.
Here's mine

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Actually, I have an EXTREMELY low priced AMD APU build on PC Partpicker. I haven't optimized it for price yet, but the AMD A-4 APU and it's integrated graphics are guaranteed to run TF2 at an acceptable FPS (30+) with settings really high. Another cool thing about it is that when it's time for an upgrade, you just go another level up. A4 to A6, A6 to A8 and so on. The APUs can run triple A games at low to medium. I gotta look for some cheap, 8GB ram sets, like Angad found.
Here's mine

A little too cheap for me. Still needing an answer on which processor i should get during christmas (prefereably i5 or something) around the same price as my i3