Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Actually they're wanting people to switch, it's not ONLY a temporary thing to just get a fucking item. Why are you people treating it like that?

To be fair I gave Ubuntu a chance, I really did, but no matter what I did it just kept freezing on the most simple of tasks and it became an infuriating experience for me, maybe Ubuntu is just poorly optimized for my system or something, I don't know. Either way I gave it a shot, I did like how it looked and if it didn't run so terribly for me I would've gladly given it more chances to impress me, but sadly it didn't and I likely won't be returning to a linux distro for a long while because of it.

It was so bad for me that I couldn't do anything while Steam was downloading TF2 because anything more would make my system freeze to a halt, it's exceedingly frustrating to try and watch a YouTube video to pass the time only for Ubuntu to shit itself and lock up for 40 minutes.

TEhMAn92

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Since we're talking bout vm's....
Cause i had virtualbox already installed and didn't want to bother with vmware, i went with this tutorial
Everything worked out just fine

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
When I started up the game it went black and after a couple of seconds I was on the desktop again. But it did give me Tux, so thanks a lot!

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
When I started up the game it went black and after a couple of seconds I was on the desktop again. But it did give me Tux, so thanks a lot!
Yeah it crashes right after the video for whatever reason, I didn't really care to troubleshoot it since it still worked for getting the promo. You're welcome.