KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
removing the ability for either team to camp the other one's spawn would be amazing
lately, I've been adding a few anti-spawncamping measures, such as sliding doors to prevent grenades from bouncing into spawn, and adding some Block LOS brushes to prevent unmanned sentries from targetting anyone in the spawn corridors.
I'm still working on other aspects, so the map isn't ready yet

Reactions: Toxik

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
lately, I've been adding a few anti-spawncamping measures, such as sliding doors to prevent grenades from bouncing into spawn, and adding some Block LOS brushes to prevent unmanned sentries from targetting anyone in the spawn corridors.
I'm still working on other aspects, so the map isn't ready yet

Do you really need to put sliding doors? Surely there's a brush that blocks projectiles or something.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Do you really need to put sliding doors? Surely there's a brush that blocks projectiles or something.
AFAIK, any brush that block projectiles also blocks players.
there is a func brush that prevents explosions within its volume, but it doesn't affect hitscan or fire

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
AFAIK, any brush that block projectiles also blocks players.
there is a func brush that prevents explosions within its volume, but it doesn't affect hitscan or fire
I thought Cylosis was working on a new idle?

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
What if we just straight up had like, a world where those who wanna idle just idle regularly, but then, theres warioware and all that other stuff going on just outside or something, like all the minigames we had in the one server.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't know much about mapping in hammer yet, but what about a teleport exit with random destinations to prevent camping? Or maybe a one way wall that blocks anything from one side while allowing players from the other side to walk out.

Reactions: Morbuzka

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
I don't know much about mapping in hammer yet, but what about a teleport exit with random destinations to prevent camping? Or maybe a one way wall that blocks anything from one side while allowing players from the other side to walk out.
Oaky found a neat fix. It's a func_physbox with the no bullets tag checked, which allows players but not bullets. As well as the team respawn which blocks enemy members from entering.

sov

Legendary Skial King
maybe two ways out of the spawn along with the usual bleeding escalator thing.

I like the map floating in the air, it adds to the map.

Reactions: Blade D_Hero

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I don't know much about mapping in hammer yet, but what about a teleport exit with random destinations to prevent camping?
interesting idea. it might be possible with a logic_case entity set to pick a random destination every time someone goes through the trigger_teleport.

I also altered the spawnrooms a little; players of the opposite teams are no longer slowly pushed into the chutes like the idlers they're killing. instead, they gradually take damage, starting with 1HP and doubling, with a damage cap of (tentatively) 50

EDIT: no longer thinking of raising the damage cap.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
interesting idea. it might be possible with a logic_case entity set to pick a random destination every time someone goes through the trigger_teleport.

I also altered the spawnrooms a little; players of the opposite teams are no longer slowly pushed into the chutes like the idlers they're killing. instead, they gradually take damage, starting with 1HP and doubling, with a damage cap of 50 (tentatively, I'm thinking of raising the cap to 100)
People like to level up stranges though.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
People like to level up stranges though.
kinda impossible when someone's in spawn with a Half-Zatoichi/Persian Persuader/Conniver's Kunai hogging all the kills. even more frusting if the weapon's a non-Strange, already Hale's Own, or /gimme

I'm up for alternate damage caps though

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
kinda impossible when someone's in spawn with a Half-Zatoichi/Persian Persuader/Conniver's Kunai hogging all the kills. even more frusting if the weapon's a non-Strange, already Hale's Own, or /gimme

If you mean damaging enemies that get into your spawn, I guess that'd work.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper

Regardless, people still like to mindlessly farm. I think you should take the idle belt idea and just improve on it.
Also, you can keep members of the opposite team from entering the other team's spawn. Not sure why it's possible in the current idle.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
you can keep members of the opposite team from entering the other team's spawn. Not sure why it's possible in the current idle.
it's possible because Bottiger asked for it.
I think you should take the idle belt idea and just improve on it.
I suppose I could completely remake the spawn areas and replace the chutes with teleporters to the conveyors.

anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
it's possible because Bottiger asked for it.

I suppose I could completely remake the spawn areas and replace the chutes with teleporters to the conveyors.

anyone have any thoughts regarding this?
I think a lot of people like the 'afk being pushed into the chute' but I also think people just want a different map in general, not our current one altered.