Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
+1

why? you idle on idle so theres no point in changing maps

It's a goof around server too. People like to go there to mess around with donor perks / get spawn camped by jungle for 3 hours / friendly / level up some stranges / etc

Especially considering idiling was killed off by Valve the 'goof around' people are helping keep the server active. Wouldn't hurt to change things up a little for them IMO

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
why? you idle on idle so theres no point in changing maps
Don't be dumb... we all know there are several weirdos who actually "play" on idle.

Or should I quote this post back to you every time you ban someone for griefing and tell them to go mess around on trade/idle?

Toxik

Contributor
We don't really have the resources to pay for a mapper, and I don't think we have mappers in Skial who would dedicate the amount of time to spend to make a whole new idle map, as awesome as that would be
EDIT: Also, removing the ability for either team to camp the other one's spawn would be amazing

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
+1
Some communities have very gorgeous idle maps with trees and outdoors etc. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with ours but a change would be nice.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
We don't really have the resources to pay for a mapper, and I don't think we have mappers in Skial who would dedicate the amount of time to spend to make a whole new idle map, as awesome as that would be
EDIT: Also, removing the ability for either team to camp the other one's spawn would be amazing
Cylosis actually has been working on a new idle map, just remembered. He won't be at his computer for a while though.

Reactions: Toxik

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I think some of this depends on a players definition of an idle server. If you wanted to level up your stranges the quickest way possible, you would want to be in the same room the other team spawns in rather than having to wait for 1-3 rolling down an escalator.

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Well, there's lots of idle maps on gamebanana and stuff, but if we don't want a map from there, Cylosis' map is freaking awesome.
Plus, it can't be that hard to make an idle map. Stick some blocks together, make the idlers end up by the enemy, and add some extra stuff to annoy the enemy team
Just like the current idle :D

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Well, there's lots of idle maps on gamebanana and stuff, but if we don't want a map from there, Cylosis' map is freaking awesome.
Plus, it can't be that hard to make an idle map. Stick some blocks together, make the idlers end up by the enemy, and add some extra stuff to annoy the enemy team
Just like the current idle :D
It's harder than you think. There are some out there, but having a custom one made by Cylosis would be great.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I would only support a new idle map if it had some new fun features, like games or something, to stimulate a casual hangout experience. The current one is good at idling and I see no reason to change it if it's just gonna change colors and layout.

sov

Legendary Skial King
I would only support a new idle map if it had some new fun features, like games or something, to stimulate a casual hangout experience. The current one is good at idling and I see no reason to change it if it's just gonna change colors and layout.
This is a good idea.

I have been spending more time on Idle and it would be cool for it to have this.

Still no going to +1 or -1 yet.