Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I understand how an old map can get boring but if you're going to suggest getting a new map altogether, it might be a good idea to also suggest some new features. What the new idle map would have that the old one doesn't, you know? In my personal opinion, it might be a good idea to have a short list of idle servers if people are getting bored of just playing on one map. Change the map from time to time so that people don't get bored and all. But then again, there are other Skial servers like Jailbreak and Death Run that people can go to, as well as a whole variety of other Skial servers. So people can go to those servers as well.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
there are other Skial servers like Jailbreak and Death Run that people can go to, as well as a whole variety of other Skial servers. So people can go to those servers as well.

The idle server is a place where not every rule applies. You can be friendly, you can be a heavy with a rocket launcher or you can just sit in a corner and talk to the enemy. Yo can't do that on jailbreak or other custom/regular servers aside from trade.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
The only thing about teleporters is I'm not sure if constantly using them is going to cause lag or anything. I've never used them for large scale teleportation.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The only thing about teleporters is I'm not sure if constantly using them is going to cause lag or anything. I've never used them for large scale teleportation.

Why not just keep the current chute system? I don't see anything wrong with it myself, plus it makes it easier for people leveling stranges to kill them because their health is fairly low by the time they get down there

If you want to teleport them to a completely different place where a chute system wouldn't be ideal then disregard this

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
-/+0

I think the current idle map is fine, but some improvements to the map would be nice.

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Okay I really do say +1, here's why:
We all enjoy going batshit crazy with strange weapons on idlers
We all enjoyed learning how to surf up to skybox
We all enjoy the little easter eggs around the map
But, it's getting old. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it was the exact same map, just flipped over or something. I just need a new map to learn, and I think a lot of people here like to learn about new maps like me.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it was the exact same map, just flipped over or something.
I imagined someone running out of spawn only to fall to their death because the outdoor walkway is above the opening. i.e. the map was literally flipped upside-down

Reactions: Morbuzka

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm not saying get rid of the old map but having several different idle maps might be a good idea. Or improve the old one to add some new features. I personally thing a bigger surf area would be cool.

Happy Flygineer

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
+1. While the current map is fun and all, the amount of spawncampers and Engineers building sentries (preventing people from getting out) is getting pretty old. I do want something new that can also be fun.