pr1mus da scr1pt

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
you have to spam the 'continue' button to get through, not sure if this is intended, but it's annoying because it has a habit of popping up out of random (it pops up simultaneously for the entire server cause they comment on the ads being shit; that and everybody is too busy clicking continue.)

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Pinion's motd is designed exclusively for whatever Steam uses for it's webbrowser.

I know this because I attempted to load the motd page in IE for Pinion's Pot o' Gold prizes to no avail

sov

Legendary Skial King
My Chrome updates itself whenever there is a new flash available.

The annoying part of the Pinion PoG shit is that one time its 8 seconds than fucking next time its up to 18 seconds and some people are actually getting more, I am usually one of the first people out of the spawn in Turbine because every one else is dealing spamming the continue button of PoG.

I just wish its at most, lasts 5-6 seconds doesn't glitch out half the other players, even the ones that aren't spamming continue. I have only been glitched out of PoG 3 times (3 times to much) and I had to exit out of TF2. Hope its fixed or removed, I was glad that the servers use to not have PoG and when it did it was very short but now it is getting bit ridiculous.

Just have to be patient... for 26 seconds.... and my some teammates for 40....

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
My Chrome updates itself whenever there is a new flash available.

The annoying part of the Pinion PoG shit is that one time its 8 seconds than fucking next time its up to 18 seconds and some people are actually getting more, I am usually one of the first people out of the spawn in Turbine because every one else is dealing spamming the continue button of PoG.

I just wish its at most, lasts 5-6 seconds doesn't glitch out half the other players, even the ones that aren't spamming continue. I have only been glitched out of PoG 3 times (3 times to much) and I had to exit out of TF2. Hope its fixed or removed, I was glad that the servers use to not have PoG and when it did it was very short but now it is getting bit ridiculous.

Just have to be patient... for 26 seconds.... and my some teammates for 40....
The chrome steam uses isn't updated regularly, it's separate from your main chrome install. I don't really see why it would spike to 40 seconds, I've not managed to reproduce it any.

sov

Legendary Skial King
The chrome steam uses isn't updated regularly, it's separate from your main chrome install. I don't really see why it would spike to 40 seconds, I've not managed to reproduce it any.
so your saying to go into the Steam web browser and update flash in there? I don't really understand?

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Of course not, why would you post such things against the server you work for?
I don't "work" for skial. If there was an issue, I would have no reason to cover it up and every reason to acknowledge it. We don't benefit from people getting stuck on ads for 40 seconds, all it does is upset users.

so your saying to go into the Steam web browser and update flash in there? I don't really understand?
No, installing for "other browsers" supposedly covers the steam one too. No need to do it from any specific browser.

sov

Legendary Skial King
I don't "work" for skial. If there was an issue, I would have no reason to cover it up and every reason to acknowledge it. We don't benefit from people getting stuck on ads for 40 seconds, all it does is upset users.

No, installing for "other browsers" supposedly covers the steam one too. No need to do it from any specific browser.

Oh ok. I get about 12 seconds and sometimes 18 so its not to much of a big problem and some times half of the little icons of the PoG don't come out and parts of it are clear and I can see the game in that spot and etc. not a big problem but I would like to remove as much of that problem as possible.

The only web browsers I have installed are Chrome and Explorer so just update flash for explorer and that should reduce the problem? or should I update firefox aswell?

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Oh ok. I get about 12 seconds and sometimes 18 so its not to much of a big problem and some times half of the little icons of the PoG don't come out and parts of it are clear and I can see the game in that spot and etc. not a big problem but I would like to remove as much of that problem as possible.

The only web browsers I have installed are Chrome and Explorer so just update flash for explorer and that should reduce the problem? or should I update firefox aswell?
Any browser that's not internet explorer should update when you run the "other browsers" install tmk. We're not ignoring you, botts the only one that can look into it on our end though. I don't want you to have to sit though 18/40 seconds anymore than you do.

Reactions: Ace of Spades

sov

Legendary Skial King
Any browser that's not internet explorer should update when you run the "other browsers" install tmk. We're not ignoring you, botts the only one that can look into it on our end though. I don't want you to have to sit though 18/40 seconds anymore than you do.
ok thnx, I don't think that its the server I think its mostly that these ad stuff like Pinion weren't really designed to well and I want to see if I can remove the 18/40 second on Pinions part.