Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario445

Face-Melting F2Per
I feel like the post rating system on this forum is kind of pointless and meaningless (at times) People don't use it correctly and will just rate your posts "dumb", "troll", or "disagree" just on the basis that they may not like you. This can start forum drama/flame wars/shit posting/tension and needs to be revised.

MY REVISION: Make it so that you must give reasoning to all negative ratings you give.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How about: You have a quota for negative ratings, like 10 negative ratings a day?

Roman

Banned
Contributor
I wouldn't disregard this. You'd be surprised how many people (some of you who have replied included) who have come to me crying because someone gave you a bad rating twice.

While I think Mario has a good point, I know it would still be abused, and implementing a 'reason' system would have to be created.

Can't you all just... get along?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I don't care about ratings, and I think many people on here don't either.

Don't sweat about it. It isn't real life, just a little add-on to a forum, nothing life-changing. If you have an opinion, you should speak it and not care if someone rates your post dumb. Be glad you said your opinion, not angry because someone didn't like it.

Reactions: Mario445

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Making a big deal about it is what makes the post system dumb. Sure it's nice to see a large amount of positive ratings on your post, I've went to roman once or twice when someone was rate spamming, it was less because I cared about my negatives and more because I just like seeing idiots punished.

Making a big case out of little things entices trolling, particularly when you first represented yourself as a troll on the forum. Just drop the issue, don't make comments about people ratings you, if they keep doing it intentionally, report them - they'll more than likely stop when you stop feeding them.

Stitch/Glue

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
Making a big deal about it is what makes the post system dumb. Sure it's nice to see a large amount of positive ratings on your post, I've went to roman once or twice when someone was rate spamming, it was less because I cared about my negatives and more because I just like seeing idiots punished.

Making a big case out of little things entices trolling, particularly when you first represented yourself as a troll on the forum. Just drop the issue, don't make comments about people ratings you, if they keep doing it intentionally, report them - they'll more than likely stop when you stop feeding them.
Also probably doesnt help him troll in his own suggestion thread

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
On a serious note:

There's a thing for when you delete a post and i guarantee almost everyone leaves it blank... The same would happen if it was needed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.