Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario445

Face-Melting F2Per
I feel like the post rating system on this forum is kind of pointless and meaningless (at times) People don't use it correctly and will just rate your posts "dumb", "troll", or "disagree" just on the basis that they may not like you. This can start forum drama/flame wars/shit posting/tension and needs to be revised.

MY REVISION: Make it so that you must give reasoning to all negative ratings you give.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
inb4 OP is flooded with troll,dumb,and disagree ratings

OT: It gets abused, but if its to a big level, they usually get banned.

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If you post stupid shit or troll bait people will rate it accordingly.
Disagree is a neutral rating and has no impact.
If you think people are spamming ratings, go talk to an admin, they will be glad to deal with you help you.
/thread.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
So apparently we need reasoning, when sometimes it's obvious, I would agree on this, if it weren't for the fact that ratings mean either something or nothing, depending on the person you rate.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
We are all big boys and girls and should be able to ignore it...oh wait...still on Skial forums. Right-o! Nevermind.

Reactions: Giildy

Mario445

Face-Melting F2Per
Just off the top of my head, FOR EXAMPLE from 9/11 thread:

"God Bless New York" - Mario445

Troll 3x Disagree 1x

Stitch/Glue

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
Most of the people on here will only rate you according to how your comment is, if it was dumb you'll get a dumb, if they like it they'll like it, etc. You can also turn off the notifications for them so you don't have to see it everytime you get rated. I dont see a point in having to right a reason, most of the time its obvious why they voted you like that, just deal with it and quit complaining
Also maybe it wouldn't matter to you so much if you didnt have so many negatives, maybe dont say something so stupid or "troll" like

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just off the top of my head, FOR EXAMPLE from 9/11 thread:

"God Bless New York" - Mario445

Troll 3x Disagree 1x
probably the people from other countries going "GOD GUYS IT WAS 11 YEARS AGO GEEZ GET OVER IT" Lets not bring up 9/11 again, by the way. Don't de rail your own thread.

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Want less negative? Just stop posting garbage and troll baiting people, thats how you got like 200
dumbs

Edit: 224

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The whole reason we have ratings is because it saves me the trouble of agreeing with them the next post down. Instead of typing I can just simply click "agree."

It's a great system, it gets abused (most of my ratings are from people who raged after I reported them and spammed me or something) but you can't let it really bother you. Just keep posting, making a big deal about getting a negative rating entices people to do it to you more because it gets a response.

Reactions: chuckwagon
Status
Not open for further replies.