Status
Not open for further replies.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Test 2: You are responding to a /report about micspam on VSH server. There are 8/24 slots taken. One person is, in fact, mic spamming. What would you do?

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
Test 2: You are responding to a /report about micspam on VSH server. There are 8/24 slots taken. One person is, in fact, mic spamming. What would you do?
I would open SourceBans while I am being connected to the server and check for any previous offenses on the reported player's profile.
If there is no record of any micspam-related bans in the past, I contact the reported player to communicate that micspamming is indeed against the rules no matter the current situation on the server- whether through use of Steam chat, my own microphone, temporary muting, or any combination of the three. Additional action may be taken depending on the player's reaction to this new information.
If the player has recieved bans in the past for micspamming, I would issue the next normal ban length after confirmation of intentional micspamming.

Reactions: CiNiC

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I would open SourceBans while I am being connected to the server and check for any previous offenses on the reported player's profile.
If there is no record of any micspam-related bans in the past, I contact the reported player to communicate that micspamming is indeed against the rules no matter the current situation on the server- whether through use of Steam chat, my own microphone, temporary muting, or any combination of the three. Additional action may be taken depending on the player's reaction to this new information.
If the player has recieved bans in the past for micspamming, I would issue the next normal ban length after confirmation of intentional micspamming.
Good man.
When it's late at night and the server is near-empty, we prefer muting through admin commands over banning, in order to help them fill up faster.
In some situations, a lot of people like to Google the Steam ID's to see their priors on other communities, potentially.

Very good work. We'll be reading into it very thoroughly.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Good man.
When it's late at night and the server is near-empty, we prefer muting through admin commands over banning, in order to help them fill up faster.
In some situations, a lot of people like to Google the Steam ID's to see their priors on other communities, potentially.

Very good work. We'll be reading into it very thoroughly.
just do eet.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
just do eet.
fd35df73_359q.jpeg

Reactions: DrMuttonstache

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1.

Had maybe one issue my entire time with Cylosis since I've been here, and it was almost instantly resolved. He is working on a map for an unusual competition I'm hosting soon, he's trying to invent some pretty cool shit, so as far as mappers go - we could always use another competent one imo.

He sometimes regs US22+, and in there I have never seen him cause an issue...I think he'd make a very good admin, particularly cuz he does play in US22 a fair amount (or did) and we really could use a more common admin around those parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.