[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Another case of fixing something that isn't broken. It's Win7 at it's core with a GUI based on a simplified Minecraft made extra simple.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
^^^^ That's what I've just said couple of posts above. Win9 is gonna rock.
Alas people forget about a lot of versions in-between. I read a detailed post about it, but I don't know where it went. Generally the releases went like this since 95:

Win95: New GUI, mildly unstable
Win98: Good
WinME: Sucked
Win2000: Awesome
WinXP-RM: Sucked
WinXP-Past SP2: Great
Vista-RTM: Sucked
Vista-SP1: Great
Win7: Great
Win8: TBD as it's not even freaking released yet.

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Seriously though it's not that difficult. IT IS A TILE WITH A LABEL THAT TELLS YOU WHAT IT IS. HOW MUCH SIMPLER CAN IT FUCKING GET AHHHHHH- going to calm down again. But if you were going to install it then you should know what you're doing. It installs over Win7 so it gets rid of your programs and stuff. You need to install it on another partition.

And on Metro, IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING DIFFICULT- calming down again. It is new and different, but it's easy to glide through after a few hours of getting used to it. I have used Windows 8 for my OS ever since the Developer Preview back in September so I will definitely cut slack with you only using it for a few hours.

But seriously you can just go back to the desktop. Hell, I use the desktop 99% of the time! I only go back to Metro when there's something I can do there that's easier than in Desktop, like the search function WHICH I FUCKING LOVE, or when I want to quickly start a program I use a lot that I pinned to the Start screen. Just use Windows 8 for more than a few hours and you'll get used to it. Then come up with an opinion after using it for a while.

Just some advice from a fanboy of Windows 8.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Vista was good, when everybody decided to make new drivers for it.
I had been using Vista for almost 2 years and never had a problem with it. If you know how to tweak it - you can make it work. Why I think Vista sucks is because it's not worth it putting so much of administering effort into end-user OS. End-user OS is supposed to be tweaked before it's delivered to the end-user. Not everyone is IT savvy. People want to come home, turn their PC on, update their status on Facebook, and play Angry Birds. They don't wanna spend hours customizing their OS. (by the way, that's why Unix-based OS's will never be popular on residential users' market).

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I had been using Vista for almost 2 years and never had a problem with it. If you know how to tweak it - you can make it work. Why I think Vista sucks is because it's not worth it putting so much of administering effort into end-user OS. End-user OS is supposed to be tweaked before it's delivered to the end-user. Not everyone is IT savvy. People want to come home, turn their PC on, update their status on Facebook, and play Angry Birds. They don't wanna spend hours customizing their OS. (by the way, that's why Unix-based OS's will never be popular on residential users' market).
And that sir is why Windows 8 rocks. I loved Windows 7- until I tried to use it.

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How could Windows 8 rock if it wasn't even finalized yet? In addition, you are the first person I know who claims Win7 to be a shitty OS.
I've been running it since Dev Preview back in September. It rocks.

Windows 7 isn't shitty, it just is when compared to how easy everything is in Windows 8.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've been running it since Dev Preview back in September. It rocks.
Windows 7 isn't shitty, it just is when compared to how easy everything is in Windows 8.
Win8 still has way too many bugs. I have been running Win8 SDK for over 6 months now on VM. Can't say I'm excited, but if MS manages to take care of all these retarded bugs - the OS will be pretty stable. Not sure it will overtake Win7, though.

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Win8 still has way too many bugs. I have been running Win8 SDK for over 6 months now on VM. Can't say I'm excited, but if MS manages to take care of all these retarded bugs - the OS will be pretty stable. Not sure it will overtake Win7, though.
What bugs?

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that Microsoft deliberately sabotages every other OS they make because of a misguided anger they carry from when Gaben left and carved a path of corporate success on his own by means of crowbar and hat simulators.

Surely.