Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If people are too dumb to see that a PC can do anything a console can + more there is really no point arguing with them.
Let the truth be heard. The only reason I ever hear console being better than PC is because console is so cheap, however for maybe a hundred bucks more you can get everything a console can + the power of a PC, i.e. web browsing, having files, etc.

PCs can do more and definitely has the capability to have much more hardware power, but some people simply aren't computer savvy enough to maintain a gaming computer.

Of course gaming computers aren't hard to maintain, but I'm talking about if something goes wrong. Consoles by design very seldom get problems that can't be fixed with a simple reboot or by following some simple trouble shooting.

PCs on the other hand can get way more complex when it comes to fixing problems. Personally I'm no computer wizard but I know a thing or two, and my god I've had to crawl through hell and back to fix some of my computer problems I've experienced over the years.

My point is some people simply are not computer savvy enough making consoles more ideal for them.

My dad for example is in his mid 50's and loves Battlefield 3. If I got him a gaming PC and he got to experience the PC version in all its high-def 64 player carnage he'd probably agree that the PC version is better, but if something goes wrong he's certainly going to have a very frustrating time trying to fix the problem on his own even with help from others.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
PCs can do more and definitely has the capability to have much more hardware power, but some people simply aren't computer savvy enough to maintain a gaming computer.

Of course gaming computers aren't hard to maintain, but I'm talking about if something goes wrong. Consoles by design very seldom get problems that can't be fixed with a simple reboot or by following some simple trouble shooting.

PCs on the other hand can get way more complex when it comes to fixing problems. Personally I'm no computer wizard but I know a thing or two, and my god I've had to crawl through hell and back to fix some of my computer problems I've experienced over the years.

My point is some people simply are not computer savvy enough making consoles more ideal for them.

My dad for example is in his mid 50's and loves Battlefield 3. If I got him a gaming PC and he got to experience the PC version in all its high-def 64 player carnage he'd probably agree that the PC version is better, but if something goes wrong he's certainly going to have a very frustrating time trying to fix the problem on his own even with help from others.

You have problems fixing your computer, have you ever heard of Google?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You have problems fixing your computer, have you ever heard of Google?

I think you kind of missed my point. Some PC problems are sometimes fairly simple, others require a lot more than just a quick google search. Even then, having little to no knowledge can also make implementing those possible fixes all the harder if you don't know what you're doing.

My PC problems I've always figured out, but if I plopped my problems into the lap of a amateur PC gamer who doesn't know much more than the basics they'd be ripping their hair out in frustration.

I'm not bashing PC at all - I'm a PC player and used to play consoles on and off in the past. All I'm trying to say is consoles are a much better alternative for those who wish to game but don't know how to deal with problems they encounter on PC's, problems that are generally more complex than something you'll see on a console.

Ceeddd

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
7TuxUcc.jpg

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
I'll openly admit, I'll buy a Wii U only on the grounds of being able to play Pikmin 3, that game looks fucking amazing.

Other than that, yeah, PC Master Race, yadda yadda yadda.

N0WBIE

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Almost won the argument saying if there aren't PCs there won't be video games.

sov

Legendary Skial King

As neat as that was, 5 months ago, it's getting old. I seen it on Skial before....

Almost won the argument saying if there aren't PCs there won't be video games.
XD
I think you kind of missed my point. Some PC problems are sometimes fairly simple, others require a lot more than just a quick google search. Even then, having little to no knowledge can also make implementing those possible fixes all the harder if you don't know what you're doing.

My PC problems I've always figured out, but if I plopped my problems into the lap of a amateur PC gamer who doesn't know much more than the basics they'd be ripping their hair out in frustration.

I'm not bashing PC at all - I'm a PC player and used to play consoles on and off in the past. All I'm trying to say is consoles are a much better alternative for those who wish to game but don't know how to deal with problems they encounter on PC's, problems that are generally more complex than something you'll see on a console.
I play on PC mostly, but I use my xbox to chat/play with friends, since 98% of everyone tha tI know uses consoles.