• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
tumblr_lfmwj2w9Sp1qfuiolo1_500.gif

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Am I the only one who thinks it wasn't a nerf?

You can't plop it down at full health when someone's directly firing at you (any engie who does this in the first place is gonna have it blown up pretty quickly, its only worth doing for a small distraction) but in return you can repair it

I'd say the trade off is worth it

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Minis weren't even hard to deal with before, I don't get why people hated it so much.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Minis weren't even hard to deal with before, I don't get why people hated it so much.

The problem wasn't them being uncounterable. The problem was them being simply not fun to play against. is it hard for me to kill a mini sentry as a soldier, or something? No. is it annoying to have to keep killing the minis that some kid keeps plopping down because there's no penalty? Yes.

The only thing this nerfed was them being so annoying, they still serve the same function, you just can't keep plopping them down relentlessly now, and it requires half a brain to actually do it.

Something can be balanced yet suck the fun out of a game, and thats what minis did.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The problem wasn't them being uncounterable. The problem was them being simply not fun to play against. is it hard for me to kill a mini sentry as a soldier, or something? No. is it annoying to have to keep killing the minis that some kid keeps plopping down because there's no penalty? Yes.

The only thing this nerfed was them being so annoying, they still serve the same function, you just can't keep plopping them down relentlessly now, and it requires half a brain to actually do it.

Something can be balanced yet suck the fun out of a game, and thats what minis did.
Eh I never really found them to be annoying unless I was playing Harvest.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Eh I never really found them to be annoying unless I was playing Harvest.

They're certainly more annoying on some maps than others..turbine..hightower..harvest etc.etc. Just overall it was not a fun mechanic to play against. Games do this often, change something that a large percentage of the player base hates dealing with.

Reactions: Chance

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Antim does have a point

I find mini sentry engie to be more fun over the normal sentry but I have noticed mini sentries are just annoying as fuck to play against on some maps

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Antim does have a point

I find mini sentry engie to be more fun over the normal sentry but I have noticed mini sentries are just annoying as fuck to play against on some maps
Mini sentries destroy maps. Almost all the CTF maps become a chore of constant mini-sentry clubbing or feed Engineer free kills.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Am I the only one who thinks it wasn't a nerf?

You can't plop it down at full health when someone's directly firing at you (any engie who does this in the first place is gonna have it blown up pretty quickly, its only worth doing for a small distraction) but in return you can repair it

I'd say the trade off is worth it
There's problems with this though
  1. Building something that can still be destroyed with 1 sticky is a waste of time
  2. Repairing something that has 100 health anyway is a waste of time
  3. In an open battlefield with players easily able to take out a mini with 50 hp instead of 100? Bad idea and also, a waste of time
  4. A sniper headshotting you when you're trying to repair it is easy
A regular sentry itself is relied on as a shield, that's partially why engie falls under defense, because he can defend points and himself. This new mini sentry is anything but a shield because it's no longer a large distraction or large enough to shield the engie as a whole. It's like you're throwing a rock at the enemy, maybe you'll hit em in the eye and they land on a needle facing upward or some shit like that, but it's unlikely now (not as unlikely as that scenario but you get the picture)

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
If people complained about the new quick play changes as much as they did about about the mini sentry than everything would have been okay.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Maybe Scouts.
Maybe?
Don't get me started. I never really got killed by them because I would avoid them but when they caught me off guard making me run for a health pack or to spawn. Now I can kill them in half a pistol clip and taunt like a bitch after killing the Engie who built them.