KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Well recently my router broke. Instead of getting my 40mbps max. i am getting around 5mbps. So every time i play, i get horrible lag.

I am trying to fix it without buying a new router. So if you guys need me my steam should be up. i just can't play.

I hope everyone enjoys their heads

Reactions: ViperStriker2011

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Well recently my router broke. Instead of getting my 40mbps max. i am getting around 5mbps. So every time i play, i get horrible lag.

I am trying to fix it without buying a new router. So if you guys need me my steam should be up. i just can't play.

The only reason I liked the post is the "Enjoy your heads" part. I will miss you. :D

Lycius

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Maybe I can break my record of keeping my head relatively attached to my shoulders for 6 seconds straight. I wonder if I could hit 8!?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
yea but the problem is i do not know what the problem is. Shit House says its not them, which really doesnt mean anything lol

so it either has to be my router or modem

Roman

Banned
Contributor
If I murdered your wife then told you I didn't murder her, would you believe me?

Ask to switch out your modem. Use speedtest.net as a generic generic generic guideline to see what speeds you're actually getting. Bottiger will probably have a better suggestion.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

But your ping was still 1.

:suspicious:

Reactions: CiNiC

Gen.mcMuster

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
try pouring Coke all over your router.

It worked wonders for my PC, so it should work on other electronics too

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
try pouring Coke all over your router.

It worked wonders for my PC, so it should work on other electronics too
Or slam it on the wall or floor. However, you have to hit it at the right angle or it won't work. If you hit it one angle and it doesn't work, try hitting it on another angle. Continue slamming it until the router works.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Funny story time.
Okay, so I was once not-as-well-off-as-I-am-now since you have to move out and be poor at some point.

I needed a router, so I went on down to Wal-Mart and got a cheap Belkin router for $30. The wireless kept cutting out, so I took matters into my own hands.

imag0401.jpg

Fucking thing would overheat by design, so I Gorilla-Glued a fan on the top and spliced it into the power adapter.

Still works.

Gen.mcMuster

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Funny story time.
Okay, so I was once not-as-well-off-as-I-am-now since you have to move out and be poor at some point.

I needed a router, so I went on down to Wal-Mart and got a cheap Belkin router for $30. The wireless kept cutting out, so I took matters into my own hands.

imag0401.jpg

Fucking thing would overheat by design, so I Gorilla-Glued a fan on the top and spliced it into the power adapter.

Still works.
reminiscent of Frankenstein

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Funny story time.

imag0401.jpg

Still works.

That is what cheapness does to people.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Funny story time.

imag0401.jpg

Still works.
I had to do something similar to an OLD Netgear router once. I actually built a platform for it to sit on to keep the vents on the bottom open and built a fan shroud into that which would blow air through the router.