D

DeadHerald

Roman, what's going on with the Minecraft server? Why am i tied to one spot and it keeps asking me for a password I don't have.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
workinprogress.png

I'm working on a new whitelist. Use your forum username and password.

D

DeadHerald

I log in through steam, thus I do not have a password.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Bottiger: people that logged in through steam need to request a password
Bottiger: they can click their profile and click password
Bottiger: and it will send a new password to their email

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Bottiger: oh he used hotmail
Bottiger: they are blocking us for some reason
Bottiger: and i am asking them about it

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Who can see the console besides you roman? Are the passwords blanked out in the console? Is it a one time thing, or every time?

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Console: Aside from me, just Bottiger.

Passwords blanked out: The passwords are not shown nor logged. They connect to the forum's database with read-only access and make sure you're legit. Then the association between Skial and Minecraft is saved in an encrypted format.

One-time thing? Yes. Unless I fuck up. Again.

D

DeadHerald

All the stuff I was carrying on me was deleted. Which was all my valuable stuff.

Not happy about that.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you want the items back I can help with that, just let me know what they were.

D

DeadHerald

I was holding this stuff on my person so it wouldn't be stolen.

Diamond Sword (Sharpness I)
Diamond Pickaxe (Efficiency I)
Bow
Arrow x64
Iron Bar x35
Gold Bar x20
Obsidian Block x5
Diamond x8
Enchantment Table
Ender's Pearl
Blaze Rod x2
Eye of Ender x2
White Wool x22
Lapis Lazuli x64
Coal x50
Redstone Dust x236
Glowstone Dust x92
Ghast Tear
Gunpowder x20
Sugar Cane x64
Moss Stone x49
Water Bucket
Lava Bucket
Compass
Watch

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Alright, I'll throw all that into your chest for you. You take a picture or do you just have the best memory I've ever seen?

Actually, the white list is fucked up so I can't do anything. It's telling me I'm not even authorized to move, yet when I try to link my account it says it's already registered. (it kept my nick too [it's asking for a password?])

*edit again*

You put your pass directly into the chatbox, didn't know that. Don't really feel comfortable doing it, but I'll survive. Working on that list now.

*yay another edit*

Alright dead, all your stuff is there. LWC should be up and running so make sure your chest is locked.

Meiru

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
So, according to this info, the Minecraft server is unplayable by anyone?

Roman

Banned
Contributor
I will be instituting new protections once I see what's still active when Bukkit for Minecraft 1.0 is finished. Permissions was discontinued, hence the new authentication.

D

DeadHerald

I will be instituting new protections once I see what's still active when Bukkit for Minecraft 1.0 is finished. Permissions was discontinued, hence the new authentication.

Which is borked again.

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I use Hotmail and log in through Steam, which means I don't have a password and can't change my email to get one.
Fuck.