ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
  • Here's the reason why i think exposing admins should be againest the rules
  • if an admin is under cover like someone called an admin and the admin is trying to find the hacker and if one of the plays says theres an admin on there server or the name of the admin the hacker might run for it.
  • so thats why i think it should be muteable

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
if i was ever admin and someone said theres hacker i would change my name and profile pic and head of there as fast as i can and if he or she is hacking you sneak up to them and ban them

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
+1
Having users expose a admin prevents us from banning offenders as they just leave or stop and wait for us to leave and repeat or change names and come back.

Kinda silly if people do that and when i have left the hacker has returned same name or different info and yet again beggin to come with the same idiots on the server its not worth joining a 2nd time.
yea thats why i made this suggestion

soo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
+1
Its a good idea and Luke makes a good point regarding punishing players if they happen to expose an admin doing their job:

Everything comes down to context and the admin can decide to not punish if they believe there was no malice and was an innocent mistake.

Reactions: ck24

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
>report a hacker
>admin shows up
>tell the hacker there's an admin
>the hacker leaves
>the admin marks the report "needs evidence" and leaves
>the hacker comes back later

we did it reddit

DSKYPgYV4AAFpxF.jpg

Reactions: Metroidz

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The objective is to remove undesirable behaviour from the server, whether that be by admin presence alone or by the issuing of a ban.
I don't think that saying "there is an admin on the server" interferes with this objective. Remember if you record a demo, you won't need an admin lurking in the wings.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't think that saying "there is an admin on the server" interferes with this objective.

It does if an admin is spectating a hacker and they leave because someone told them there's an admin on.
The admin presence becomes pointless if people leave the server due to people informing them about admins.

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
The objective is to remove undesirable behaviour from the server, whether that be by admin presence alone or by the issuing of a ban.
I don't think that saying "there is an admin on the server" interferes with this objective. Remember if you record a demo, you won't need an admin lurking in the wings.
son when i was at jailbreak and a t some part of the time everyone abused votemenu and soon pedro was coming everyone stoped because someone said theres an admin coming

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
son when i was at jailbreak and a t some part of the time everyone abused votemenu and soon pedro was coming everyone stoped because someone said theres an admin coming
Ok i think i get what you're saying, just get Grammarly or something to help you communicate your ideas in a more understandable fashion.

With that said, I have also seen examples of this back on the jailbreak days, when people would break the rules and then stop when Papa Luke came on or something.

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
Ok i think i get what you're saying, just get Grammarly or something to help you communicate your ideas in a more understandable fashion.

With that said, I have also seen examples of this back on the jailbreak days, when people would break the rules and then stop when Papa Luke came on or something.
i need serious help with my english

MLG $WAG BOOTY 2007

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I mean, if an admin is looking for a hacker of some sorts, they have the right to go undercover, but if an admin is chilling on a server they need to make their presence known. People deserve to know when somebody is on the server to enforce the rules.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I mean, if an admin is looking for a hacker of some sorts, they have the right to go undercover, but if an admin is chilling on a server they need to make their presence known. People deserve to know when somebody is on the server to enforce the rules.

Why do we need to make our presences known? The only thing I've ever had accomplished with that is people spamming me with friend requests, asking me to do server commands or asking "oooh oooh how do I get admin?" which is exactly the reason why I don't openly reveal I am an admin. We even had a feature like this back in the day where you could type !admins and get a list of Skial admins, but we removed that specifically for the reason that people would use it to make sure they weren't being spectated for wrongdoing.

As Luke pointed out that this only encourages people to behave when only certain people are present on the server. I would prefer the server to believe an admin is still watching even after I leave so that we don't get micspammers, griefers or hackers thinking "Hey, Roboute is gone now, time to start pulling shit!"

MLG $WAG BOOTY 2007

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Why do we need to make our presences known? The only thing I've ever had accomplished with that is people spamming me with friend requests, asking me to do server commands or asking "oooh oooh how do I get admin?" which is exactly the reason why I don't openly reveal I am an admin. We even had a feature like this back in the day where you could type !admins and get a list of Skial admins, but we removed that specifically for the reason that people would use it to make sure they weren't being spectated for wrongdoing.

As Luke pointed out that this only encourages people to behave when only certain people are present on the server. I would prefer the server to believe an admin is still watching even after I leave so that we don't get micspammers, griefers or hackers thinking "Hey, Roboute is gone now, time to start pulling shit!"

When there's a random person that is slaying people/banning people I'd like to know at least who is doing it. It's also so that people don't play their ear rape at the wrong time, that defeats the purpose but at least I wouldn't get 1 week gagged for doing some stupid shit.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When there's a random person that is slaying people/banning people I'd like to know at least who is doing it. It's also so that people don't play their ear rape at the wrong time, that defeats the purpose but at least I wouldn't get 1 week gagged for doing some stupid shit.

Why though? What reason exists for you to know who the Admin is besides from by your own admission, knowing when you are allowed to break the rules because no one is looking?

People shouldn't be playing ear rape period. Is following the rules something you only do when its punishable now?