ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
  • Here's the reason why i think exposing admins should be againest the rules
  • if an admin is under cover like someone called an admin and the admin is trying to find the hacker and if one of the plays says theres an admin on there server or the name of the admin the hacker might run for it.
  • so thats why i think it should be muteable

Crash.ca

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
well if you've called them in, wouldnt that sort of defeat the purpose of having them come in and catch a suspected cheater etc?

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
What I mean by under cover admin where his profile pic and his name are different and

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1

There's been numerous times when someone says "Luke is an admin" and then reported hackers leave.

We should have this kind of rule in place of an obstruction of justice kind of law.

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
+1

There's been numerous times when someone says "Luke is an admin" and then reported hackers leave.

We should have this kind of rule in place of an obstruction of justice kind of law.
yes we should and this should have been done along time ago

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy

Why is it bad telling a player that there is an admin on. From my experience, that only encourages them to follow the rules. Also, even if this becomes a rule, people are going to innocently accidentally reveal admins anyway, and it is ridiculous that they should be punished for that.

If for whatever idiot reason this becomes a rule, then if someone does break it, it should be stated in the rules that first time offenders will receive a warning, and not be punished immediately.

Sakiko

Contributor
+1
Having users expose a admin prevents us from banning offenders as they just leave or stop and wait for us to leave and repeat or change names and come back.

Kinda silly if people do that and when i have left the hacker has returned same name or different info and yet again beggin to come with the same idiots on the server its not worth joining a 2nd time.

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic

Why is it bad telling a player that there is an admin on. From my experience, that only encourages them to follow the rules. Also, even if this becomes a rule, people are going to innocently accidentally reveal admins anyway, and it is ridiculous that they should be punished for that.

If for whatever idiot reason this becomes a rule, then if someone does break it, it should be stated in the rules that first time offenders will receive a warning, and not be punished immediately.
thats a good idea and i think the main reason might be that rule might go on there is because it gets more hackers banned

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Is this really a big issue? Half the time i ask meow to join a server i'm on he'd change his name to some meme stuff and no one recognizes him. Also when admins join a server and use the /spec command players won't even notice an admin is on..

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Everything comes down to context and the admin can decide to not punish if they believe there was no malice and was an innocent mistake.

People should be following the rules no matter whether there is an admin on or not, if someone only behaves when they know they're being watched then we do not want them on our servers anyway.

You're ignoring the point that it allows people to avoid getting punished when someone tells them that someone is an admin.

Reactions: ҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Is this really a big issue? Half the time i ask meow to join a server i'm on he'd change his name to some meme stuff and no one recognizes him. Also when admins join a server and use the /spec command players won't even notice an admin is on..

I've had people on my friends list do this, so changing the name doesn't always work. /spec still doesn't hide the join message (or the initial team join message) which is another issue.

Plus this also happens when an admin is already on. So unless we disconnect, change our name, rejoin - still have the problem.

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
well the /report command like when you use it it like go's to everywhere resulting in the hacker to get scared and run

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
I've had people on my friends list do this, so changing the name doesn't always work. /spec still doesn't hide the join message (or the initial team join message) which is another issue.

Plus this also happens when an admin is already on. So unless we disconnect, change our name, rejoin - still have the problem.
your right it is an issue

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
There have been 3 servers that I have had to consistently join with an alt account to do what I'm there to do.

I've had people on my friends list do this, so changing the name doesn't always work.
Block them

Reactions: Defibyoulater