185db

Epic Skial Regular
It's just crazy. Some people go and just use nothing but their binds and half the time it's complete cancer. I know you can mute them but you can mute anybody. The biggest thing is when people start to just do a bind after every kill, which is just stupid. It's just not needed and nobody likes it.

This guy, which I reported the other day, obviously did not learn anything, and I am wary about reporting him because he has no racism. I'm not saying stupid crap and cancer in chat should be an offense, but to do it repeatedly like that should not be allowed. At the current time, I don't think this would fall under spam. But I think this kind of stuff should fall under the category of spam and be muteable. I have tried reporting these things before and sometimes it goes through and sometimes it does not, I think it needs to become black/white instead of grey.

No rule needs to be added, but the admins would be notified that this stuff is not allowed.

Last edited:

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm still not sure what exactly you want because you're being vague on the standards you want to have enforced. Do you want us to mute people who use a bind more than 5 times in a minute? Do you want us to start muting people who use a bind every kill? What do you want us to change about how we associate binds with spamming?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I'm still not sure what exactly you want because you're being vague on the standards you want to have enforced. Do you want us to mute people who use a bind more than 5 times in a minute? Do you want us to start muting people who use a bind every kill? What do you want us to change about how we associate binds with spamming?

From what I understand, he wants a rule where people who only communicate via binds are to be punished by a mute. Five times in a minute is borderline (if not actual) spamming, and if they have a bind that goes off every kill that risks a silence from spamming as well because what if they get a killing streak?

The way we approach it now is enough in my opinion, no need for something more confusing to be added to our list of rules.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
From what I understand, he wants a rule where people who only communicate via binds are to be punished by a mute. Five times in a minute is borderline (if not actual) spamming, and if they have a bind that goes off every kill that risks a silence from spamming as well because what if they get a killing streak?

The way we approach it now is enough in my opinion, no need for something more confusing to be added to our list of rules.
This sounds like people are just getting upset someone uses a shit talking bind and wants that to stop. An admin should be able to figure out if someone is spamming or not so -1

185db

Epic Skial Regular
I would like binds on every kill to be removed. This can be proved by checking event/chatlot timestamps. I know that spam in general is pretty subjective, but I would like this to be an automatic silence by all admins.

I don't know the exact time frame, but if 1 message per ~10 seconds is spam, I think that amount should be lowered when what they are sending is just useless binds. It's kind of hard to explain because I'm not an admin and don't know the times for spam.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I've gagged before for more than 1 bind in 4-5 seconds.
Spam doesn't have to be continuous; chat flood is a thing too.

SkepticalBear

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
What if someone has a bind and uses it every few minutes? or perhaps even less. For example I have a bind that is ☐ Not REKT ☑ REKT which I use when I get a pretty good head shot on someone who I'm friends with on the server. Would that be considered bind spamming? Others also use binds to tell the team of an ubercharge or when is a good time to push which sometimes are posted multiple times within a short time-frame to grab attention of the team.

Perhaps we need to define it better before this is approved/enforced.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What if someone has a bind and uses it every few minutes? or perhaps even less. For example I have a bind that is ☐ Not REKT ☑ REKT which I use when I get a pretty good head shot on someone who I'm friends with on the server. Would that be considered bind spamming? Others also use binds to tell the team of an ubercharge or when is a good time to push which sometimes are posted multiple times within a short time-frame to grab attention of the team.

Once every few minutes is fine by my standard for spam.

I would like binds on every kill to be removed. This can be proved by checking event/chatlot timestamps. I know that spam in general is pretty subjective, but I would like this to be an automatic silence by all admins.

I don't know the exact time frame, but if 1 message per ~10 seconds is spam, I think that amount should be lowered when what they are sending is just useless binds. It's kind of hard to explain because I'm not an admin and don't know the times for spam.
In cases where people say it after every kill they'd still get muted for spamming if they got a multikill or several kills within a short time regardless. Why note something like that in the rules when it's already enforced?

Reactions: SkepticalBear

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Once every few minutes is fine by my standard for spam.

In cases where people say it after every kill they'd still get muted for spamming if they got a multikill or several kills within a short time regardless. Why note something like that in the rules when it's already enforced?
There has been at least one time when I reported someone and took it to someone privately and I mentioned that it was after ever kill and yet there was no action taken.

One such example

This is different because it is not as persistent and and the uber bind actually provides benifit. Messing with one person is valid I guess, they can client mute, but when they do it to everyone it increases the amount and the speed of chat.

Reactions: SkepticalBear

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's just crazy. Some people go and just use nothing but their binds and half the time it's complete cancer. I know you can mute them but you can mute anybody. The biggest thing is when people start to just do a bind after every kill, which is just stupid. It's just not needed and nobody likes it.

This guy, which I reported the other day, obviously did not learn anything, and I am wary about reporting him because he has no racism. I'm not saying stupid crap and cancer in chat should be an offense, but to do it repeatedly like that should not be allowed. At the current time, I don't think this would fall under spam. But I think this kind of stuff should fall under the category of spam and be muteable. I have tried reporting these things before and sometimes it goes through and sometimes it does not, I think it needs to become black/white instead of grey.

No rule needs to be added, but the admins would be notified that this stuff is not allowed.
Admin already know that "excessive" use of blinds is not allowed, I don't see what this suggestion is trying to achieve tbh. Your OP actually comes across as whiny, do you also want to ban taunting after every kill. because that's stupid, not needed, and nobody likes it?

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
-1 We already punish for spam. If you think it is spam make a report or call us in. If it is we will handle it if not then we wont. No need to change the rule when it can be handled as is.