185db

Epic Skial Regular
It's just crazy. Some people go and just use nothing but their binds and half the time it's complete cancer. I know you can mute them but you can mute anybody. The biggest thing is when people start to just do a bind after every kill, which is just stupid. It's just not needed and nobody likes it.

This guy, which I reported the other day, obviously did not learn anything, and I am wary about reporting him because he has no racism. I'm not saying stupid crap and cancer in chat should be an offense, but to do it repeatedly like that should not be allowed. At the current time, I don't think this would fall under spam. But I think this kind of stuff should fall under the category of spam and be muteable. I have tried reporting these things before and sometimes it goes through and sometimes it does not, I think it needs to become black/white instead of grey.

No rule needs to be added, but the admins would be notified that this stuff is not allowed.

Last edited:

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1
Fuck bind memes dude, they're so annoying and all you see in chat. Lenny should be blacklisted.

Last edited:

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Define excessive because when I used kill binds it would be whenever I kill one specific person who talked shit or when I'm dicking around with friends in good fun. If I would get muted because I told someone "l8r nerd" 5 times in 30 min then no thanks.

Reactions: 185db

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Define excessive because when I used kill binds it would be whenever I kill one specific person who talked shit or when I'm dicking around with friends in good fun. If I would get muted because I told someone "l8r nerd" 5 times in 30 min then no thanks.
One could say the player in the link in the OP was using binds a little excessively. I think that's the best example I can provide. It's useless letters that just clog up the chat and offer no benefit to anyone.

He was doing it every single kill, to everyone. I think it's ok to use binds, but when your whole chat is just binds that are pressed mindlessly it should not be allowed. I mean 3-4 times in a minute every minute is pushing the envelope.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just mute lenny faces. Please.

You know those people, when you're going through their chat-logs, and it's all binds, but they're specifically spaced out at 10-20 seconds each to avoid mutes. Yeah. That's maybe excessive.
If it's for people who literally never chat and only talk with binds then I guess.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I think admins already know when chat spam is clearly happening. Just because they space it out doesn't mean anything, they're still clogging up the server and we have and still do mute for that.

I've muted someone who set a bind to occur whenever he got a kill, and when his mute ran up he magically got rid of the bind. If they don't understand them then they'll continuously be punished.

I for one don't see the need for another rule that all admins are currently aware of, considering we have enough to maintain a respectable community as is.

If it's for people who literally never chat and only talk with binds then I guess.

As for this part, we can't just punish someone for being an annoyance on the server. If he's not spamming them then who cares if binds are all he says in the span of an hour of gameplay. I personally play with people that only use their binds when they kill a specific person (as you've stated before) and then occasionally say "lol". No reason to punish someone for not being helpful in chat as long as they aren't spamming.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Spam is an offense because it's useless and pointless text that serves no purpose and nobody wants to see/read it. Chat binds like this act in the same way. I guess the thing I really want answered, is would that guy I linked be silenced? Because from what I have done before different admins handle it differently and I don't think it should be this way.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Spam is an offense because it's useless and pointless text that serves no purpose and nobody wants to see/read it. Chat binds like this act in the same way. I guess the thing I really want answered, is would that guy I linked be silenced? Because from what I have done before different admins handle it differently and I don't think it should be this way.

We don't have rock solid guidelines for all rules, trying to make some is next to impossible because there's so many situational factors that come into play so we handle this type of stuff on a case by case basis. This is why you might see some admins handling the same thing in different ways

I didn't look over his full chatlog, but what I did look over looks like its spread out enough to not be considered spam in my opinion.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
We don't have rock solid guidelines for all rules, trying to make some is next to impossible because there's so many situational factors that come into play so we handle this type of stuff on a case by case basis. This is why you might see some admins handling the same thing in different ways

I didn't look over his full chatlog, but what I did look over looks like its spread out enough to not be considered spam in my opinion.
Did you miss this in the chatlog?
83a9c4f4c04ead6b95cf38e48a5b2177.png

I get that this thread is about using binds, but he was using racism here... so you're choice m8

and I am wary about reporting him because he has no racism.

heh

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Did you miss this in the chatlog?
83a9c4f4c04ead6b95cf38e48a5b2177.png

I get that this thread is about using binds, but he was using racism here... so you're choice m8

heh
Damn, that guy is an idoit. I reported him for using the n word in a bind 3 days ago and then the day he gets unsilenced he does it again.

Edit: I didn't look through it all either, I didn't think he would be this stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: staticvoid

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Last edited:

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I thought excessive bind spam was not allowed anyway? Does it not come under the "no spam" rule?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I thought excessive bind spam was not allowed anyway? Does it not come under the "no spam" rule?
Not necessarily, it heavily depends on spacing. With spam, they must say the same thing or something relative quickly and consistently. I believe tangy is asking for punishment should the offender's chatlog consists of nothing but obvious bind usage.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
Not necessarily, it heavily depends on spacing. With spam, they must say the same thing or something relative quickly and consistently. I believe tangy is asking for punishment should the offender's chatlog consists of nothing but obvious bind usage.
I'd be down for that but I really don't see the difference between this and the existing rule