Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Eh, if you're really in the server when these happen it's not as pathetic. Based on how many you do and the time in which they come in, it looked like you were searching for people to get in trouble.

Node

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Eh, if you're really in the server when these happen it's not as pathetic. Based on how many you do and the time in which they come in, it looked like you were searching for people to get in trouble.
I guess it does look like that.

EDIT: Changed my response because I misread your response.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This suggestion thread has obviously gone off the rails and has turned into an interrogation. No, I am not searching for people to get in trouble. People make they're own trouble and I report it, end of story. This fact doesn't relate to original suggestion.

How does it not relate to the original suggestion?

If the limit were put in, people would not be spam reporting folks based off of searches through hlstats.

If you don't want any pushback, why do you ask people who are rating you dumb to comment?

Node

How does it not relate to the original suggestion?

If the limit were put in, people would not be spam reporting folks based off of searches through hlstats.

If you don't want any pushback, why do you ask people who are rating you dumb to comment?
The original suggestion was if we should have a limit, but the thread was turning into an interrogation.

If we had a limit, it would allow for issues to fall through.

I asked for people who reacted dumb to comment because I wanted them to comment and not just rate a completely reasonable response as "dumb". They still haven't commented.

I'm not asking for no pushback, but I am asking for us to get back on topic and not questioning my motives.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
at least it turns out this series of images isn't the case

You_Kent_Always_Say_What_You_Want_%28196%29.jpg

You_Kent_Always_Say_What_You_Want_%28197%29.jpg

You_Kent_Always_Say_What_You_Want_%28198%29.jpg

You_Kent_Always_Say_What_You_Want_%28199%29.jpg

Reactions: Antamania

Lord Zuko

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
I mean, thats exactly how it is. Some people have been (imo) banned for things said in text chat that they clearly intended as a joke (which everyone in the server knows but people reading only the line chat wouldn't) that others reported them over despite the reporter never having been in the server.

Node

I mean, thats exactly how it is. Some people have been (imo) banned for things said in text chat that they clearly intended as a joke (which everyone in the server knows but people reading only the line chat wouldn't) that others reported them over despite the reporter never having been in the server.
A joke doesn't absolve the person from breaking a rule.

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
the 6th, 7th and 8th person you want to report just gonna get off scot free? really doesn't make much sense.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
the 6th, 7th and 8th person you want to report just gonna get off scot free? really doesn't make much sense.
I doubt this will pass anyway so it's completely academic.

But it would just stop you from making posts, you could still use the /report function from the server where it is happening in & add via reply to the report. The whole idea I imagine is to discourage spamming reports from the hlstats.

Bottiger

Administrator
The issue here mainly is that we have limited admins and their attention isn't infinite as well. By filing all these reports where no one on the server is bothered enough to care, you are taking their focus away from things that can't be mitigated with a mute such as aimbots.

While it would be nice not having anyone be racist, this is just too prevalent in gaming online for us to realistically make a dent. Even if we muted every single racist player we'd still have the same amount coming back the next day.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Nobody cares if some 13 year old kid just randomly blurts out the word 'nigger'. It doesn't make them racist, they're not out there burning crosses and dragging black guys behind their Ford. They are just saying an edgy word.
This sort of thing doesn't need to be reported, these kids are not going to be the next Hitler, I even saw someone get reported and punished for calling someone a cockroach, who had any idea that was racist?
Too many reports for trivial nonsense, but I don't think limiting the amount of reports that someone can make will stop the easily offended brigade from taking offense, but it will stop people going on a crusade through stats and displaying to the world how offended they are at reading such profanity... top tip don't read the stats and you won't get offended, it's not like anyone who was there at the time was offended.