Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
What do you type to ban your own SteamID for 30 minutes for the reason obvious aimbot?:
If it's SourceMod,

Code:
sm_ban STEAM_0:0:11090427 30 Obvious aimbot
^ from console

Code:
/ban Xel 30 Obvious aimbot
^ from chat (if enabled by server)

OR

Code:
/admin
^ from chat to load admin menu, then select ban option, target, time, and reason.

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I still think that Xel should have already been an admin.
Edit: Real Intellectual people use the disagree rating.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
considering del peiro was the last trade admin(to go crazy), i'd be okay with letting bott wait to see if xel naga goes mad with power

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You sure about this? In another server I admin'd, with SourceMod, this command worked every time. Unless Skial's SM is tweaked differently.

Then again, I mostly just used /ban through chat, since it would let me enter a username instead of digging up their ID. Faster and just as effective.

considering del peiro was the last trade admin(to go crazy), i'd be okay with letting bott wait to see if xel naga goes mad with power
zoN97.png

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
You sure about this? In another server I admin'd, with SourceMod, this command worked every time. Unless Skial's SM is tweaked differently.

Then again, I mostly just used /ban through chat, since it would let me enter a username instead of digging up their ID. Faster and just as effective.

yes i am sure.

/admin is used to show a list of admins currently on the server, nothing more then that.

zombie is correct on this

Roman

Banned
Contributor
/admin could also be used for adminmenu.

/admins shows the connected admins.

Edit: We don't use /admin however. At least I don't, and I haven't checked in a while to see if it was added.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Edit: We don't use /admin however. At least I don't, and I haven't checked in a while to see if it was added.
The thing with SourceMod is that it varies. Different plugins means different commands, etc. I can tell you all the default SM commands, but that doesn't mean they translate on any other server running any custom plugins.

I used to have my P key bound to "sm_admin" when I played XXL. This pulled up the admin menu for me there. Whether or not sm_admin or /admin works here, however, makes no difference.

Which is why I think the "What's the command to so and so" is a bad question to ask for applicants. For one, it's easy to Google. And two, it varies from server to sever.

BadGuy

Server-Clearing Cynic
>You got it wrong
>"Well the question is stupid, anyone can find it on google"
>If you can find it there how did you still get it wrong?

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
>You got it wrong
>"Well the question is stupid, anyone can find it on google"
>If you can find it there how did you still get it wrong?
Because it's not wrong. "sm_ban [STEAMID32] [TIME IN MINUTES] [REASON]" works in some SM servers. Not entirely sure why it wouldn't work on Skial servers, since I'm pretty sure we're running SM.

Unless something's changed in recent versions of SM, using the SteamID32 still works in place of the user ID. Though, looking at the SM wiki for the commands, it doesn't list SteamID32. It looks like maybe that functionality has been moved to sm_addban instead of sm_ban.

But like I mentioned, different servers with different plugins will behave differently, even if the commands are mostly the same.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor

!admin brings up the list of admins. i think bottiger disabled the admin panel. i am not sure.

Because it's not wrong. "sm_ban [STEAMID32] [TIME IN MINUTES] [REASON]" works in some SM servers. Not entirely sure why it wouldn't work on Skial servers, since I'm pretty sure we're running SM.

Unless something's changed in recent versions of SM, using the SteamID32 still works in place of the user ID. Though, looking at the SM wiki for the commands, it doesn't list SteamID32. It looks like maybe that functionality has been moved to sm_addban instead of sm_ban.

But like I mentioned, different servers with different plugins will behave differently, even if the commands are mostly the same.

you are wrong.
sm_ban STEAM_0:0:11090427 30 Obvious aimbot

will not work.
/ban "#STEAM_0:0:16626884" 30 "obvious aimbot"

You need the quotes in around the steam id. If you don't want to do quotes you can also ban the steam id this way

/ban #STEAM_0_0_16626884 30 "obvious aimbot"
http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Admin_Commands_(SourceMod)

I am pretty sure there are no plugins for admin commands / bans. They all use sourcebans which is the same on every server that uses it.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
with sourcemod installed it shuts down some of sourcemods original ban commands and allows sourcebans to have full control over all of that..... experiences from my own servers