• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
Status
Not open for further replies.

ziodice

Scarcely Lethal Noob
For some reason, even though EVERYONE insists that uber is more useful than krits, I seem to be more effective as a medic when using Krits. It's weird. Thoughts?

ziodice

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Once, on offense, I captured a point with krits. I krittted a heavy, and he killed half of their team and a sentry, then capped the point. So, I would say it's okay on offense :D

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Vs sentrys, sticky spamming demomen etc., to break down a defense - Medigun (on demo > heavy)
Vs the rest - Kritzkrieg (on soldier > heavy)

On a side note I hate medics whose only concern is that they keep a heavy constantly overhealed, regardless of any burning/low health teammates around them...

Doki

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
in my experience, heavies are more consistent about keeping their medic alive. So if I see a few guys coming my way, I grab the heavy and stand as far behind him as I can, especially when I obviously wouldnt have enough time to get someone else healed before they could save me.

medic's priorities
1) stay alive
2) keep others alive
3) fuck da police

Reactions: CiNiC and FireGame

ziodice

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I heal anyoone that walks bye me until they're at max, UNLESS i'm in danger. Thats good, right?

wokmage

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Vs sentrys, sticky spamming demomen etc., to break down a defense - Medigun (on demo > heavy)
Vs the rest - Kritzkrieg (on soldier > heavy)

I agree that a demoman or soldier have the potential to do more damage with an uber, unfortunately most people I heal don't seem to know what to do with an uber, at least with a heavy it's harder for the recipient of your healing to be completely useless.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
unless there is a sentry involved, crits all the way.

If you use an uber, and have a crit uber on someone behind you. it works out very veyr well

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I agree that a demoman or soldier have the potential to do more damage with an uber, unfortunately most people I heal don't seem to know what to do with an uber, at least with a heavy it's harder for the recipient of your healing to be completely useless.
Yes, demos and soldiers can spend half of the ubercharge reloading, but it's more of a medics fault than theirs though... One of many reasons why teams who play together a lot beat lone fortress 2 players.

FireGame

Positively Inhumane Poster
Honestly, it depends. I would generally say on defense use either, and on offense use uber, but there are exceptions. I personally only use the kritzgrieg on defense and only if i know we have a competent demo/soldier/heavy (Gator is still my favorite kritzgrieg target, got me 10 kills with his sticky launcher + a sentry)
Otherwise, a ubecharge can be used to save yourself and even the worst soldier can do some damage with it.

Reactions: Doki

swarƒega

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I think it also depends on the distance between you two and the target. Close range then uber, medium and long range then kritz.

Status
Not open for further replies.