Status
Not open for further replies.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Most people don't think about this but when you have servers that are 2-3 years old, the price of the server are also from 2-3 years ago and don't include protection against current sizes of DDoS attacks that grow bigger every month. Most hosts will tell you to just get a new IP and let the old server expire.

If you are able to weather them now it is probably in no small part because we reported every exploited server we were attacked with for the past month.

I see, did not know that.

As for the bottom as I did say; I kept my beliefs mainly to myself, and figured I may as well keep doing that. In hindsight it was a wrong assumption but one can admit that its not hard to draw uneducated conclusions coinciding with the attack. I think with the tensions high others may have drawn the same conclusions.

But, as the quote does say "I haven't shared my beliefs with midnight, or anyone for that matter" save the person that conversation was with. At no point did I ever publically or privately say it was Skial behind the attacks, so I don't believe I've done wrong as far as that goes. And my point stands I did all I could to get him to back off with the accusations.

Bottiger

Administrator
Well thank you for trying, but since March we've been attacked 130 times. For reference we normally only get 1 attack a month. Maybe you might have been more persuasive or left KSG sooner if you didn't think I was attacking KSG?

Regardless my main point is that you drew the wrong conclusion despite all the evidence showing we don't ddos.
  • If we were inclined to ddos anyone, then protf2, gameliberty, lotus would've been ddosed to the ground long before now.
  • The ddos attack on KSG happened an entire month after the attack on us. You can go ahead and make assumptions on plausible deniability, but I wouldn't have bothered to wait an entire month to retaliate because if he called the authorities into it then they would find out about his attacks on us.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well thank you for trying, but since March we've been attacked 130 times. For reference we normally only get 1 attack a month. Maybe you might have been more effective in persuading him if you didn't think I was attacking KSG?

Regardless my main point is that you drew the wrong conclusion despite all the evidence showing we don't ddos.

• If we were inclined to ddos anyone, then protf2, gameliberty, lotus would've been ddosed to the ground long before now.
    The ddos attack on KSG happened an entire month after the attack on us. You can go ahead and make assumptions on plausible deniability, but I wouldn't have bothered to wait an entire month to retaliate because if he called the authorities into it then they would find out about his attacks on us.

You're preaching to someone who may of once held a PRIVATE (emphasis on this part) belief that you at one point DoS'd someone who was starting relentless shit with your community. I've already said I believe my assumption at that point was incorrect, so further debate on the topic would be rather pointless unless I've inadvertently opened up old wounds by starting to post here again (if that's the case, I apologize it obviously was not my intent.)

As for me being able to convince him if in the back of my mind I didnt' think you DDoS'd him, you don't know the fellow very well. I could have incontrovertible proof of you not being behind the DDoS, and he would not of listened. You may ask any of the kill-streakers who are now over here, I really did work my ass off to try to get him to stop the accusations, and at no point in my debate with him did I ever say I thought Skial had anything to do with the repeated DDoS on us.

As I said, as far as this topic goes further debate is pointless, we're both in agreement you weren't behind the attack, and we're both in agreement that I was wrong to assume that you were at some point. The only thing I'm trying to defend is that I never once expressed it to anyone save the person in that conversation because it would of just caused more issues. When you don't realize what a fuck someone is, you try to make excuses for them, it takes until you snap out of it to realize you were an idiot for attempting to defend them in the first place. (The you is generally speaking of course)

Bottiger

Administrator
My purpose isn't to say that you are lying about anything.

Instead it is to point out that we are innocent until proven guilty.

I don't think this will be the only accusation we will ever face, and all I ask is that anyone reading this, keep the outcome of this event in your mind.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
A strange festive rocket launcher would be nice, but that'd be way to much to expect.

And ant, you're a bit late for summer christmas, it's no longer July

Status
Not open for further replies.