Status
Not open for further replies.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So now that it seems that there is a steady peace between our communities, maybe we can start focusing on who is behind these DDoS attacks.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I am deleting all links from the skialperks group, apparently there is no way to rename or delete a group. If anyone knows of a way please do have someone message me on steam, and I will gladly oblige. I hope this is still an acceptable solution. As I said, if anyone comes up with anyway for me to get rid of it, please do tell me and I will do it.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I am deleting all links from the skialperks group, apparently there is no way to rename or delete a group. If anyone knows of a way please do have someone message me on steam, and I will gladly oblige. I hope this is still an acceptable solution. As I said, if anyone comes up with anyway for me to get rid of it, please do tell me and I will do it.

you have to kick everyone from the group

if the group remains empty for so long, it will eventually be deleted.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

You could just drop everyone from the group and make it invite only if you can't find a way to delete/rename

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
you have to kick everyone from the group

if the group remains empty for so long, it will eventually be deleted.

Will kick everyone and lock group, I wish I could do more, but this seems to be the best option.

Reactions: Toxik

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This sounds like a case for Scooby and the Gang.

I already got a lead:
Phantom_Virus.png

Oh my god. That used to be my favorite movie when I was young xD

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well as of a few days ago, KSG was and still is bleeding out from the looks of it. All admins and regulars have either left to come here or to make their own community and from the looks of it, m1dnight is getting a bit desperate. Doing a bit of snooping around, KSG has been having a lot of technical issues ever since Boom left and the administration has collapsed when Ant left. And guess what? All of m1d's precious donators are also gone thanks to Ant who let the forums know what m1dnight did with the donations money. It won't be long till the killing blow get's struck and KSG truly does become dead. If these two communities were two countries well then one of them has a leader that really knows how to inspire his followers and is an absolute political genius!! I wonder if the other regulars who've come here share my sentiment but from the looks of it Skial seems to be the "better" community overall. Higher quality forums, servers, more people etc. I don't know about others but I am going to be staying here for a long time and probably hanging around the servers first chance I get.

And as of yesterday for those who don't know, m1dnight got really desperate and tried to save whatever dignity he had by telling a blatant lie. This really just finished off whatever credibility he had and now his last Admin is gone. Only a matter of time before the killing blow can be delivered by leaking a certain clip of m1dnight doing a certain little something.

Ant are you reading this?

https://soundcloud.com/danhack/skial-admins-are-behind-all-of <---- Well, he sure is convincing.

And as a KSG regular now here to skial. I am going to say overall, Skial trumps KSG. Bott here has the sensibility not to go Ddosing someone else's servers or go shitposting on their forums. Cause of this Skial's more successful then KSG can ever aspire to be.

Well, now that's wrapped up, good luck skial, and m1dnight, you can go to hell and burn.

Bottiger

Administrator
I wanted to add a few points. This isn't a stab at Antamania or Boom de Yada (wezly) for advocating KSG before they left. I just thought people here have a right to talk about it.

We've never DDoSed any community and we never will. Even though we can't explicitly prove it, there are many reasons.
  • We are already doing well and having the threat of legal action shutting everything down is just the dumbest tradeoff we could ever make.
  • The first time we were accused of DDoS by m1dnightshadow was an entire month after he threatened us on teamspeak and ddosed us 1 day later.
  • If we were inclined to attack any servers we wouldn't be bothering to attack a small community.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I wanted to add a few points. This isn't a stab at Antamania or Boom de Yada (wezly) for advocating KSG before they left. I just thought people here have a right to talk about it.

We've never DDoSed any community and we never will. Even though we can't explicitly prove it, there are many reasons.

• We are already doing well and having the threat of legal action shutting everything down is just the dumbest tradeoff we could ever make.
    The first time we were accused of DDoS by m1dnightshadow was an entire month after he threatened us on teamspeak and ddosed us 1 day later.
    If we were inclined to attack any servers we wouldn't be bothering to attack a small community.

I would like to add I never felt Skial was behind it, I even told him as much. He had it in his thick fucking skull that it was skial though and wouldn't listen. I know you said it wasn't a stab, but it really is hard to desert an entire server and getting all your friends to go with you. It's what eventually happened, but at the time it was not in the cards, so I stuck around because I loved the players. Now thankfully all the players I like have left, so here we are.

Edit:
As an aside, I doubt you are vulnerable to his terrible DDoS'es at this point, as I showed you the screenshots he is using a tool, he really has no idea what the fuck he is doing. I don't think you have anything more to fear from his childishness.

Some of midnights funny and crazy ideas:
"I am not getting enough donors I'm going to raise it to 10 dollars a month."
"I'm going to make an ad company to fool Bott to swapping to it then not pay him"
"Let's make a sourcerep and beat the other one"

I'll update if I can remember anymore, but he's had a lot of stupid ideas.

Reactions: Shiny Charizard

wezlyyy

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
"Fuck these guys, im in canada, they cant touch me" - m1dnightshadow, the wise one

Bottiger

Administrator
Edit:
As an aside, I doubt you are vulnerable to his terrible DDoS'es at this point, as I showed you the screenshots he is using a tool, he really has no idea what the fuck he is doing. I don't think you have anything more to fear from his childishness

Most people don't think about this but when you have servers that are 2-3 years old, the price of the server are also from 2-3 years ago and don't include protection against current sizes of DDoS attacks that grow bigger every month. Most hosts will tell you to just get a new IP and let the old server expire.

If you are able to weather them now it is probably in no small part because we reported every exploited server we were attacked with for the past month.

I would like to add I never felt Skial was behind it, I even told him as much.

Antamania: The way I look at that sound clip is...he's really pissed about the DDoS ( as anyone would be.) We knew there were anti KSG posts made on Skial, DDoS happens pretty shortly after that bam our servers go off
Antamania: I still do think it was someone from Skial, I think it was Bot I honestly do, and I don't think theres much can disprove that. I haven't shared my beliefs with Midnight or anyone for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.