• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

TheUppercut

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hello!

im some random kid about to turn 24 next month, in college for programming and IT degree...its the summer now and that means even MORE tf2 hours...easy music easy life right?

I am prepared to donate but I had one question; from a programming standpoint:

Do you have a ThirdPerson view mode available to donates like other servers?

Only reason I ask: Rocket jumping and market gardening. I love doing this, especially in 3rd person mode so I can laugh at how wacky my pirate-hat wearing soldier looks flying around mashing people with boots and a shovel.

If you do not have a third person view mode available, would it be possible to add code to the servers to which only when the rocket jumper is equipped, for donators, that you can optionally turn on third person view?

If you do not have this feature, and the only reason is coding - if coding is supplied, do you think it may be possible it could be added?

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I believe the vanilla servers used to have a 3rd person mode but was removed for reasons I do not know of, the only skial servers that have 3rd person now are ones like- VSH, Jailbreak, Deathrun, Idle and Trade.
Might be more though, all I know is the vanilla servers used to but no longer have it.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If I recall correctly there was a third person view mode on all servers, however people made complaints about it allowing the users to look down hallways and over objects without being seen due to the camera angel it provided. It gave them a unfair advantage over those who chose not to use it so it was removed from normal servers.

It's still enabled for anyone to use on servers that aren't considered 'regular' servers, such as jailbreak, vs. Saxton Hale, trade, etc.

Ryulise

Wicked Nasty Engineer
If I recall correctly there was a third person view mode on all servers, however people made complaints about it allowing the users to look down hallways and over objects without being seen due to the camera angel it provided.
they may as well get rid of third person taunts.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
they may as well get rid of third person taunts.
No.
When you are doing a taunt like the High-5. You have to hope you can stop doing it in time to kill the people coming. With 3Ed person, I saw a post from (I think it was Zebra who said it.) he said that people were using 3ed Person to 'wall hack.' Its easier to just look in a wall and be ready, then to stop taunting and have a delay in when you can attack. And with the 3ed person it can easily be constant you do that, with a taunt its unpredictable.

Thats just my take on it and how I have seen 3ed person be used.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
3rd person was being used to exploit, so we removed it. We will not be adding it back as long as people can still exploit with it.

Reactions: Chance

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
Hello!

im some random kid about to turn 24 next month, in college for programming and IT degree...its the summer now and that means even MORE tf2 hours...easy music easy life right?

I am prepared to donate but I had one question; from a programming standpoint:

Do you have a ThirdPerson view mode available to donates like other servers?

Only reason I ask: Rocket jumping and market gardening. I love doing this, especially in 3rd person mode so I can laugh at how wacky my pirate-hat wearing soldier looks flying around mashing people with boots and a shovel.

If you do not have a third person view mode available, would it be possible to add code to the servers to which only when the rocket jumper is equipped, for donators, that you can optionally turn on third person view?

If you do not have this feature, and the only reason is coding - if coding is supplied, do you think it may be possible it could be added?

Third person is bad, and everyone who uses it should feel bad, because of the unfair advantage granted by third person.

This is Skial, not Saigns, or Nightteam.

Edit: Don't care about third person on garbage maps such as 100% crit Orange, Jailbreak, or Idle. Those are goof around servers, nobody shows up to play TF2 on those servers other than to goof around, or trade.

TheUppercut

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I agree with you guys tho :\ I don't like people using third person around corners, especially those dips that play as demo man with stickies...God that's horrible.

This is why I suggested only for when the rocket jumper is being used, it appears by all of your replies that this was overlooked.

Would you all still deem it OP if, someone had TP view while using the rocket jumper or market gardner? Couldn't something be easily and quickly made to where if, anything OTHER than the RJ or MG is equipped (actively) then it instantly goes to FP mode? And a toggle for TP mode when jumping etc?

I stopped playing on a lot of communities mainly because OF people being dipshits with 3rd person view mode. The game was NOT designed for that....hence sv_cheats.....

BUT! I still love rocket jumping and gardening in TP. Does this seem doable with my suggestion on the coding?

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I agree with you guys tho :\ I don't like people using third person around corners, especially those dips that play as demo man with stickies...God that's horrible.

This is why I suggested only for when the rocket jumper is being used, it appears by all of your replies that this was overlooked.

Would you all still deem it OP if, someone had TP view while using the rocket jumper or market gardner? Couldn't something be easily and quickly made to where if, anything OTHER than the RJ or MG is equipped (actively) then it instantly goes to FP mode? And a toggle for TP mode when jumping etc?

I stopped playing on a lot of communities mainly because OF people being dipshits with 3rd person view mode. The game was NOT designed for that....hence sv_cheats.....

BUT! I still love rocket jumping and gardening in TP. Does this seem doable with my suggestion on the coding?
Our trade servers and idle server still have third-person enabled. You can rocket/sticky jump using all you want there without any changes in the code.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per

If it makes it easier to trolldier, than yes, its OP, even if its fun.

It isn't really that hard, anyways.