Jungle Inferno Update

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Timmy McNuggets, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Timmy McNuggets

Timmy McNuggets Spectacularly Lethal Soldier

• Like Like x 1
    • Winning Winning x 1
  2. Meowcenary

Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

Some neat looking maps but like all the other updates they're likely gonna be dead within a week or two

3. courtsnort♩♪♫♬

courtsnort♩♪♫♬ Australian Skial God Contributor

Steam:

Looks like the leaked Pyro Fart Taunt didn’t make the cut. Unless they’re saving it for the pyro part of this update.

Also really hope that jet pack in the SFM isn’t a new secondary for pyro

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  4. Sargent¥

Sargent¥ Trade Moderator

Steam:

Granted, this update is 4 days so it's possible we still get the taunt but I highly doubt that that jetpack isn't a new secondary or, at the very least, a new weapon.

5. ҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

҉ SP∑∑DY ҉ Uncharitable Spy

Steam:

You were right. It is this week!

• Like Like x 1
  6. yurisuika

yurisuika Somewhat Threatening Sniper

Steam:

Is Skial gonna host these maps or no?

7. courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Steam:

If they’re popular past launch day, I’m sure Skial will have them in rotation if not as their own servers

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. shoooooooooooooooo

shoooooooooooooooo Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

i bet the jetpack is a new secondary.
    would be kinda cool but honestly i'd hate to have a third class being airborne all the god damn time

9. Sharky!

Sharky! Wicked Nasty Engineer Contributor

Steam:

What do you mean "all the other updates"?
    If you're referring to MvM and EoTL, sure, I guess maps that are for really gimmicky gamemodes don't fare too well, but most community-created maps have survived really well over the years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Steam:

Pyro doesn’t need to be in the air though. He’s close quarters. So if he does get it as a secondary, I don’t see it being useful unless he gets a primary or melee that goes with it

11. yurisuika

yurisuika Somewhat Threatening Sniper

Steam:

Well, they did kinda give the Pyro a bit of the focus in the video with the jetpack. I'd wager it will be a secondary that has a cooldown like an Invis Watch or a Flying Guillotine. As you can see, he still has a flamethrower, so it definitely has to be a secondary. Doubt it is a cosmetic as they put so much show on the functionality of the thing.

I would totally use it over the Scorch Shot like I currently use, the functionality to get away from enemies or make an offensive push past obstacles would make it very useful on maps like 2Fort and in Saxton Hale mode.

I did just come into possession of a bunch of cosmetics today so I can have non-Halloween getups to use on Casual Mode since Skial probably won't risk having one less 24/7 server for the sake of the update... I wonder how this would conflict with the Jupiter Jetpack I just got. It would be a strange fit for any backpack type cosmetic to work with as a secondary. Of course it wouldn't be an issue if it were a cosmetic... Hmmm.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  12. User

User Uncharitable Spy

Steam:

At least we're seeing some maps from Valve, although my game crashes whenever I play casual :/

13. ҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

҉ SP∑∑DY ҉ Uncharitable Spy

Steam:

Banana Bay is going to be my favorite map from this update!

14. ❤BronisaurusRex❤

❤BronisaurusRex❤ Sufficiently Lethal Scout Contributor

Steam:

Imagine the possibilities on how broken it could actually be though. Just imagine. Pyro in the fucking sky would be cool as hell and broken to no extent.

15. KinCryos

KinCryos TF2 Admin Contributor Mapper

Steam:

it's funny. Heavy needed the extra mobility, but too many fuckers voted for the other guy and now they're pissed with what that got him

16. Sargent¥

Sargent¥ Trade Moderator

Steam:

17. Chance

Chance Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

Heavy needed the update but as usual Valve doesn't think so they're cucking TF2 even harder than they already have been.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Luke

Luke TF2 Admin

Steam:

Fixed that for you.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chance

Chance Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

But what I said was right?????
    Valve obviously doesn't give a shit about TF2 anymore stop being blind lmao

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Steam:

The pyro needed attention way more than heavy did weapon-wise. All of the pyro primaries have been nerfed to oblivion except stock. All of his melees are obsolete except the powerjack. And flare gun or shotty are the only reliable secondaries he has. Heavy has the Tomi, Stock, Natascha. Sandvich and Daloka. And every melee of his is viable aside from the holiday punch and the eviction.

And if TF2 is dying (which it obviously is) then why wouldn’t Valve listen to what the community wants? They let the community choose the class and for the first time since they started picking cosmetics from the community workshop, they’re actually choosing cosmetics people voted for a ton.

I just don’t think pyro needs mobility. Nor does heavy. Pyro is meant to flank, not fly. Heavy is low mobility because he does such high DPS and soaks up too much damage. Giving him mobility better then the GRU would be bad

• Winning Winning x 1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jungle inferno update

2. jungle inferno tf2

3. tf2 jungle inferno