• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Also at the bottom of Day 2, where it shows all of the new cosmetics on the classes, you can see pyro has a new primary

And when you click on the head of the parrot on Hale’s shoulder, the page reloads and the parrot has no head

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The pyro needed attention way more than heavy did weapon-wise. All of the pyro primaries have been nerfed to oblivion except stock. All of his melees are obsolete except the powerjack. And flare gun or shotty are the only reliable secondaries he has. Heavy has the Tomi, Stock, Natascha. Sandvich and Daloka. And every melee of his is viable aside from the holiday punch and the eviction.

And if TF2 is dying (which it obviously is) then why wouldn’t Valve listen to what the community wants? They let the community choose the class and for the first time since they started picking cosmetics from the community workshop, they’re actually choosing cosmetics people voted for a ton.
They can't be fucked to help out more than one class every few years it seems.
Updating the game with mostly if not only community made stuff isn't a great way to keep the game alive, they could be fixing actual issues with the game but they won't update something they can't mooch off the community for. Not counting minor balance changes.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
They can't be fucked to help out more than one class every few years it seems.
Updating the game with mostly if not only community made stuff isn't a great way to keep the game alive, they could be fixing actual issues with the game but they won't update something they can't mooch off the community for. Not counting minor balance changes.
I’ll agree that Valve doesn’t give a shit anymore, but for different reasons. I’d be more apt to complain about yet another series of skin cases after the Gun Mettle skins flopped. And continuing to tier their own cosmetics in the cases, creating artificial value since they first started doing it in Gun Mettle. They’re basically telling people what is worth more instead of letting the community decide what cosmetics are better than the others

Reactions: Chance

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I’ll agree that Valve doesn’t give a shit anymore, but for different reasons. I’d be more apt to complain about yet another series of skin cases after the Gun Mettle skins flopped. And continuing to tier their own cosmetics in the cases, creating artificial value since they first started doing it in Gun Mettle. They’re basically telling people what is worth more instead of letting the community decide what cosmetics are better than the others
oh yeah gun mettle was a thing lmao

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
They’re basically telling people what is worth more instead of letting the community decide what cosmetics are better than the others
That's not true, some prime examples are the well-wrapped hat (assassin grade) and the airborne attire (mercenary grade), the latter is the more expensive of the two, and the community decided that.

Also, whose to say the jetpack won't allow for flanking. If anything, it gives the Pyro more flank roots as he doesn't have to follow the already made ones, making it much harder for people to find him. I'm assuming the weapon will work similar to Pharah's jetpack where you hold to ascend, release to descend and there's a limit to how you can use it so as long as you're not being wicked stupid and propelling yourself into the air as high as possible, I can see this weapon having a lot of potential.

As for the community crap that you keep babbling on about creeper, the only thing valve can take from the community is weapon designs and maps. Also, why not take that stuff? The community voted for them through Arms Race III and the workshop so it's what they want making this nothing short of a smart business approach. I'm sure overwatch would thrive even further if it's community had more freedom to improve the game.

Now, for weapon changes, what do you mean "one class every few years"? You obviously don't play the game because the last two campaign updates and the proposed changes for this one are directed towards most, if not all classes. Not a single class has gone without a weapon buff / nerf post Gun Mettle and while a few of these changes were questionable (like the bison), a lot are better than their prior stats.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
stupid melee weapon but the secondaries look pretty cool and the flamethrower looks... okay...
but apparently they fixed the stupid fucking way the hitboxes on the flamethrower worked so yay

Reactions: Trash.ca

Gameboy.exe

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
New taunt kill with the Thermal Thruster equiped

Also I would love to see the action of the Thermal Thruster and the Back Scratcher in use

yurisuika

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Single shot flamethrower! Now people can't complain about W+M1.

I, for one, am stoked on these new weapons. They seem to offer a very different style of gameplay for Pyro now.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
  • The flame thrower rework is the ideal, I like that.
  • I'm looking forward to seeing the new particle effects.
  • These weapons are interesting, reminds me of Junkrat popping into the air and popping grenade on points, except they're fireballs in this case (for the Dragon Fury).
  • The gas cloud is a cool idea, I imagine it won't be friendly on computers as a cloud with gas that can combust is well yeah.
  • The hand is weird but I imagine you could try some stuff with other mobile weapons, like this jetpack for example
  • The second banana is cool, sorta. I'd like to know it's throwing mechanics beforehand

Reactions: ҉ SP∑∑DY ҉

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
The second banana is cool, sorta. I'd like to know it's throwing mechanics beforehand
if you're hoping that throwing it would provide a health pickup for allies and will cause opponents to slip, now I am too.

also, in the image for the banana, Pyro is clearly hacking, as evidenced by having two secondaries at once

yurisuika

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
It would be cool if they made the Dragon's Fury have a continuous airblast so it would be like a reverse flamethrower.

And then replace hitscan with projectile bullets so you could just blast away a flurry of lead.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Reserve shooter nerfed on pyro, so now people will have to find a different excuse as to why they let pyros dominate them

Immeasurably excited that they’re bringing back the broken models for the bottle, handshake, and neon annihilator

Not in the Winning Team

Mildly Menacing Medic
I <3 the update, but not the endless wave of hackers every now and then (i know this is a "normal" phenomena in online multiplayer, but still... sucks at times).