Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
If you haven't seen the keynote, here are the details.

"Apple used the event to introduce its new flagship smartphone, the iPhone 5s, which features a Touch ID fingerprint scanner and 64-bit A7 processor. It will go on sale next Friday, Sept. 20, and will be available for starting at $199 with a new service contract.

The company introduced the new iPhone 5c, which has similar specifications to last year's iPhone 5, but comes in a new polycarbonate plastic case that's available in five new colors: red, green, yellow, blue and white. The iPhone 5c will run $99 for a 16-gigabyte model with carrier subsidy, or $199 for a 32-gigabyte capacity, and will also debut next Friday. Preorders for the iPhone 5c begin this Friday, Sept. 13."

I think the new gold iPhone looks awful. When my plan is up in a few months, I'm starting to consider a Nokia Lumia 1020.

Thoughts?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
It means it's $199 with a two year contract.

Want to switch phones?
Nope contract.

Want to switch over to a better company?
Nope contract.

Want to end the contract?
Ok now you have to pay x amount just because you want better service.

I don't like contracts with phone carriers.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Want to switch phones?
Nope contract.

Want to switch over to a better company?
Nope contract.

Want to end the contract?
Ok now you have to pay x amount just because you want better service.

I don't like contracts with phone carriers.
Yeah it sucks, but that's how it is currently.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I agree, gold iPhone looks godawful. I'm not sure about the 5c. I'm excited for iOS 7 though.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah.. Lets spend one year, add fingerprint identification and call it new iPhone... And have crowds of idiots at Bestbuy's doors on Sep, 20th at 6 am in the morning.
:facepalm:

Reactions: sov

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
/yawn

Im not just saying that because I am an android fanboy...cause I said the same thing when the S4 came out...now the S4 Active...thats neat.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah.. Lets spend one year, add fingerprint identification and call it new iPhone... And have crowds of idiots at Bestbuy's doors on Sep, 20th at 6 am in the morning.
:facepalm:

I'm not one to usually complain about Apple stuff, but the 5s is basicly the 5shit.. It has almost no new features.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
I'm waitin' for the Mac updates. I gotta see what Haswell brings to the table regarding processing power for the iMac.

RainbowNoms

Gore-Spattered Heavy
How does Apple keep selling millions upon millions of iDevices even though they have very few special features that make them stand out from the competition anymore?

The world may never know.

(inb4 "fanboys")

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How does Apple keep selling millions upon millions of iDevices even though they have very few special features that make them stand out from the competition anymore?

(inb4 "fanboys")

BUT IT HAS FINGERPRINT IDENTIFICATION!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO BUY IT

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I'm an android boy. Built better, even though there are variable, Androids are generally better built than IPhones. There was this guy who survived a car crash SOLELY because of his HTC One, in his chest pocket, right over his heart.
Simulate that with IPhone, IPhone warps to 4th dimension, driver dies.
Simulate with Nokia, Nokia, gets a scratch, Car warps to 4th dimension.

Reactions: RainbowNoms

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor

(inb4 "fanboys")

My theory is that they don't wanna give out features because they can't really innovate anything else except give what's already known by competitors. Whereas Android is/can be modified to be whatever it can be shaped into, problem is that because it's everywhere and isn't open source, people easily take advantage of this stuff. Given the fact that Android is so easily manipulated and fragmented, you get crap like the Kindle Fire and unwanted bullshit on your smart phone, in other words, fuck the cellular carriers and (especially) Adobe.

Jailbreaking/rooting phones to me is a waste of time, I was 100% satisfied with my iPod Touch when I first got it, lasted 4 good long years. My tablet lasted 2 years because I got sick of Android and how slow it ran (4.0).

I'm hoping my bro gets an iPhone, though I'm more interested in an Ubuntu Phone, can't wait 'til those come out!

RainbowNoms

Gore-Spattered Heavy
My theory is that they don't wanna give out features because they can't really innovate anything else except give what's already known by competitors. Whereas Android is/can be modified to be whatever it can be shaped into, problem is that because it's everywhere and isn't open source, people easily take advantage of this stuff. Given the fact that Android is so easily manipulated and fragmented, you get crap like the Kindle Fire and unwanted bullshit on your smart phone, in other words, fuck the cellular carriers and (especially) Adobe.

Jailbreaking/rooting phones to me is a waste of time, I was 100% satisfied with my iPod Touch when I first got it, lasted 4 good long years. My tablet lasted 2 years because I got sick of Android and how slow it ran (4.0).

I'm hoping my bro gets an iPhone, though I'm more interested in an Ubuntu Phone, can't wait 'til those come out!
I guess we've had differing experiences, then. I much prefer Android's near infinite customization potential, and my tablet runs solidly on 4.1.2.

I do have, and enjoy, my iPod Touch, but the battery life has turned into shit recently, and maybe that's left me sour as well.

Android 4.0 was pretty buggy, though, I will admit. I once heard it called "the Vista of Android."

Reactions: Morbuzka